PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions...

Georgette
08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Here are a couple of questions to throw out there:

Is it OK to wear hemp jewelry when you're Stright Edge? My friend made me a hemp necklace, and I felt kinda weird wearing it, so I didn't. Now I feel kinda bad. Am I right in doing this or am I worrying too much?

Next question: Is anyone else finding it hard to find Straight Edge people in their area? I can't find anyone to relate to where I am...so I must find solace in you guys. *grin*

Thanks,
Georgette

xsecx
08-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Here are a couple of questions to throw out there:

Is it OK to wear hemp jewelry when you're Stright Edge? My friend made me a hemp necklace, and I felt kinda weird wearing it, so I didn't. Now I feel kinda bad. Am I right in doing this or am I worrying too much?

hemp isn't a byproduct of drug production, so I don't know why you wouldn't wear it or why you'd feel weird about it.

Next question: Is anyone else finding it hard to find Straight Edge people in their area? I can't find anyone to relate to where I am...so I must find solace in you guys. *grin*

Thanks,
Georgette

both richmond and VB have tons of shows, more so than DC does these days. Have you tried going to a show?

Georgette
08-28-2005, 01:18 PM
hemp isn't a byproduct of drug production, so I don't know why you wouldn't wear it or why you'd feel weird about it.

both richmond and VB have tons of shows, more so than DC does these days. Have you tried going to a show?

I thought it had something to do with the marijuana plant... Hm... I guess I've got no worries then.
As for the shows... Yes, I've been to some shows, but none have Straight Edge bands, meaning there aren't any Stright Edge people there. But I guess I'll go to some more and see what's up.

Thanks!
Gette

xsecx
08-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I thought it had something to do with the marijuana plant... Hm... I guess I've got no worries then.
As for the shows... Yes, I've been to some shows, but none have Straight Edge bands, meaning there aren't any Stright Edge people there. But I guess I'll go to some more and see what's up.

Thanks!
Gette

The plant that produces hemp isn't the same as weed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Sat 24 nanci raygun
929 west grace st
richmond , VA down to nothing
cast aside
blacklisted
think i care
set to explode $7
6:00 pm

there would be some there.

SgtD
08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Sat 24 nanci raygun
929 west grace st
cast aside
blacklisted
think i care
set to explode $7

i'd kill to see this great lineup! damn

Georgette
08-30-2005, 12:59 PM
The plant that produces hemp isn't the same as weed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Sat 24 nanci raygun
929 west grace st
cast aside
blacklisted
think i care
set to explode $7

Oh. Thanks for that page. I feel like an ass *hides under computer desk* And thank you for the heads up on that show. I'll try to make it. I've never heard of any of those bands, but I'm willing to check them out.

Negative K
08-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I really wish hemp was used more as a textile and paper source. Saves mad trees.

xsecx
08-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh. Thanks for that page. I feel like an ass *hides under computer desk* And thank you for the heads up on that show. I'll try to make it. I've never heard of any of those bands, but I'm willing to check them out.

cast aside is decently big. www.pheer.com has show listings for both vb and richmond. both of which get a fair amount of shows.

drughate_vegan
09-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I really wish hemp was used more as a textile and paper source. Saves mad trees.
and eventhough we (america) know this - they still refuse. what is it.. 3 months for a hemp plant to grow fully (or full enough) to produce paper and other products? and trees -- well, obviously...... fucking humans.