PDA

View Full Version : attn kids

xsecx
08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
it is not possible to be edge your whole life, so please stop saying you have been.

djay
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
it is not possible to be edge your whole life, so please stop saying you have been.

i see your point, nobody knows about hardcore when they pop out of their mom.
but still, i think its possible to be for the rest of my life.(not for all my life)

O_o
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
thanks dusty. what am i gonna tell my 3 year old daughter and her crayon x-ed up claws now?

xsecx
08-15-2005, 02:29 PM
thanks dusty. what am i gonna tell my 3 year old daughter and her and her crayon x-ed up claws now?

that was she was edge since toddler, duh.

kelly
08-15-2005, 02:52 PM
thanks dusty. what am i gonna tell my 3 year old daughter and her crayon x-ed up claws now?
crayon sticks to skin?

keithxXx
08-16-2005, 12:08 AM
why does she have claws? is she a ninja baby ?

O_o
08-16-2005, 02:19 AM
crayon sticks to skin?
damn. you got me.

O_o
08-16-2005, 02:20 AM
that was she was edge since toddler, duh.
but she's a real princess and wears pink only so i guess it's fair to say she was emo since birth.

xvunderx
08-16-2005, 07:40 AM
but she's a real princess and wears pink only so i guess it's fair to say she was emo since birth.

You can be edge and princess! I am living proof, so there's hope for her yet!

It's sad, i'm living the 5 year old girl dream of lots of pink and fluffy dresses.

drughate_vegan
10-01-2005, 11:36 PM

It's sad, i'm living the 5 year old girl dream of lots of pink and fluffy dresses.
one day i was sitting waitin for my friend to get her hair done.. this lady sees me holding my son, he's wrapped in a pink and white blanket. her response.. very loudly "a boy!? with a pink blanket?!" i looked at her - snarled a little and replied "you're wearing a blue shirt.. are you a dyke?" fucking humans. she just walked off.

straight sam
12-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I think that it is a bit easier to understand straight edge if you also know the feeling of being drunk or stoned... I really don´t like this feeling and the day after is hell...

stepinsideissue
12-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I think that it is a bit easier to understand straight edge if you also know the feeling of being drunk or stoned... I really don´t like this feeling and the day after is hell...

So if I've never been drunk or stoned I can't truely be sXe??????

straightXed
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM

You can't truly be sxe because you cuss a lot.

xsecx
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
You can't truly be sxe because you cuss a lot.

crucial youth said so.

flame_still_burns
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
you can't claim edge until you've done your first stage dive....i'm mandating it.

xsecx
12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
you can't claim edge until you've done your first stage dive....i'm mandating it.

I never could stage dive though....

flame_still_burns
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I never could stage dive though....

c'mon dude i 've been to shows where moshpit steamroller dove...

dude was and is a big guy.

xsecx
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM
c'mon dude i 've been to shows where moshpit steamroller dove...

dude was and is a big guy.

yeah but I never wanted to hurt people.

flame_still_burns
12-17-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah but I never wanted to hurt people.

that's too posi.

xsecx
12-17-2005, 09:43 AM
that's too posi.

ironic, isn't it?

straight sam
12-17-2005, 04:34 PM

I said it´s a bit easier to understand it, I never told that it´s impossible to understand sXe when you don´t know the feeling of being drunk.

xsecx
12-17-2005, 04:37 PM
I said it´s a bit easier to understand it, I never told that it´s impossible to understand sXe when you don´t know the feeling of being drunk.

why is it easier?

Liefde
12-17-2005, 08:05 PM
It doesn't make you less sXe or anything wether you've done it or not. It just means you were smart enough and didn't do it in the first place.

stepinsideissue
12-18-2005, 01:20 AM
why is it easier?

Yeah I'd like to know too.

straight sam
12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
why is it easier?

hmm... if you read my answer to the topic "what made you go sXe", you could understand this. One of the reasons that made ME go straight edge is that I hate the feeling of being drunk and the behaviour of drunken people. And if I wouldn´t have tried it I wouldn´t know that I hate it...I never said you must know the feeling, but maybe for some people it´s easier... dunno if you can understand what I mean, it might sound a bit stupid.

straightXed
12-18-2005, 03:48 PM
hmm... if you read my answer to the topic "what made you go sXe", you could understand this. One of the reasons that made ME go straight edge is that I hate the feeling of being drunk and the behaviour of drunken people. And if I wouldn´t have tried it I wouldn´t know that I hate it...I never said you must know the feeling, but maybe for some people it´s easier... dunno if you can understand what I mean, it might sound a bit stupid.

But you don't need to be drunk to see the behaviour of drunk people, and many people can make a choice based on that and that seems pretty easy to me. The choice is as easy or as hard as you make it, if you need to experience things first hand to make the choice i'd say that makes the choice a slight bit harder to come to. I mean its fine if once you drink a beer you clear cut decide that its really not for you but if that way of decision making is employed for all drugs it gets a bit fiddly. Bottom line is everyone arrives at there choices in different ways and what works for you may not work for others so its hard to say what is easier. It worked for you so thats good.

stepinsideissue
12-20-2005, 03:23 PM

I agree with Ed. I don't need to drink to understand the behavior of people who do or the effects alcohol posses on the body. At the age of 15 I had a friend die in my arms from a heroine overdose while waiting for the ambulance. That there was enough convincing without trying drugs or being stoned to make my decision to live a life style that is sXe.

straight sam
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
ok ok, it made it easier FOR ME

pittstonjoma
02-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Being around drunk people is absolutely horrible. How could anyone drink beer? It smells so nasty.

XshiXnyX
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I used to like the taste. Which is really weird because it tasted like shit....I guess I like to eat shit. so, anyone else like to eat shit?

atXdawnXweXburn
03-14-2006, 12:10 AM
I used to like the taste. Which is really weird because it tasted like shit....I guess I like to eat shit. so, anyone else like to eat shit?

i totally did. i liked it all shit, rubbing alcohol (vodka btw)

smelly herabal things...

stuff that looked like baking soda....

but nope, screw all that.

i went to a friend of mines house tonight, and shes not edge. and i got offered about every drug in the book and turned it all down. i ended up leaving because drunk whores were there and the whole atmosphere was just... blech. no thx plx.

--XjeremiahX

XshiXnyX
03-14-2006, 11:54 AM
yea, My freinds used to offer me shit( some still do) but Id just say that if They brought that shit near me again id punch them in the face. They stopped after that ^^. And I cant even stand to go to parties anymore. So many drunk people, it sickens me x.x

yaslmiri
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
yea, My freinds used to offer me shit( some still do) but Id just say that if They brought that shit near me again id punch them in the face. They stopped after that ^^. And I cant even stand to go to parties anymore. So many drunk people, it sickens me x.x

i just don't go to parties. i really can't talk to anyone at work either because of all the shit they offer/give me, and i can't see most of my friends for the same reasons.

hxcsxe
07-15-2006, 08:28 AM
good point man ur are right
ppl are sxe for so many different reason
h20 lead sing is sxe because his body has dad reactions to drink and drugs and he wants drink but its his 2nd choice

hxcsxe
07-15-2006, 08:28 AM
i just don't go to parties. i really can't talk to anyone at work either because of all the shit they offer/give me, and i can't see most of my friends for the same reasons.
all makes sence man i get that and i live in the uk where sxe is kinda little

hxcsxe
07-15-2006, 08:29 AM
i just dont fit in at party coz i hate pissed ppl there fake egos come out i live above a pub for shit sake i hate it

straightXed
07-15-2006, 01:12 PM
all makes sence man i get that and i live in the uk where sxe is kinda little

Big enough to be on richard and judy.

straightXed
07-15-2006, 01:12 PM
h20 lead sing is sxe because his body has dad reactions to drink and drugs and he wants drink but its his 2nd choice

Toby wants to drink, but is edge as a second choice?

straightXed
07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
i just dont fit in at party coz i hate pissed ppl there fake egos come out i live above a pub for shit sake i hate it

How can an ego be fake? Its a completely raw even amplified expression of self.

hxcsxe
07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Big enough to be on richard and judy.
realy i didnt see that lol

hxcsxe
07-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Toby wants to drink, but is edge as a second choice?
he is edge for other reason that fitting in and believing in it

straightXed
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
he is edge for other reason that fitting in and believing in it

What are you taslking about? Why do youi think he is edge? Why do you think he doesn't believe in it?

straightXed
07-20-2006, 12:47 PM
realy i didnt see that lol

Point is edge isn't exactly little here.

hxcsxe
09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
How can an ego be fake? Its a completely raw even amplified expression of self.
well that ego dont come out wen ur sober so its not realy u its the drink

straightXed
09-08-2006, 03:47 PM
well that ego dont come out wen ur sober so its not realy u its the drink

You don't understand what you are talking about, a loss of inhabitions does not equate to ego and neither are fake. Behaviour that is chemically induced does not meet the meaning of ego.

hxcsxe
09-29-2006, 07:26 AM
i hate it whaen popele have huge hangovers and then say
im goin sxe tomorow.
you deal with the hangover is what i say or stop using sxe as and excuse to give up drinking

NorskVegan
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM

How can you be sXe and want to drink? Isn't that like being Christian but wanting to worship Satan?

hardcoretta
04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs.

straightXed
04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs.

But the feeling of edge is not wanting to drink or do drugs so why would you need to do them to feel that? Its quite easy to have no inclination to drink or do drugs without ever touching them. For me needing to try them for comformation is only for people who are doubtful about the stance and not everyone is doubtful. Its like i have no doubt that i don't want to be involved in white power movements, i don't need to try it to be sure.

hardcoretta
04-15-2007, 03:04 PM
But the feeling of edge is not wanting to drink or do drugs so why would you need to do them to feel that? Its quite easy to have no inclination to drink or do drugs without ever touching them. For me needing to try them for comformation is only for people who are doubtful about the stance and not everyone is doubtful. Its like i have no doubt that i don't want to be involved in white power movements, i don't need to try it to be sure.

Well yes, i know that lots of sxe's haven't tried that. But i mean like, if you have been drunk or highed (is that how you call it¿) then you became sxe and you are sure that you don't want to try it anymore.

Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatoes for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatoes before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.

But of course it's not necessarily.

rodrigo
04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Well yes, i know that lots of sxe's haven't tried that. But i mean like, if you have been drunk or highed (is that how you call it¿) then you became sxe and you are sure that you don't want to try it anymore.

Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatoes for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatoes before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.

not the same, because to be straight edge is negating the use of drugs, because it has an effect on you. and you dont need to try drugs to know what do drugs do.

straightXed
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM

Well even if you have tried it you can't be 100% sure that you'll never want to try it again. The choice of becomming straightedge is not made anymore conclusive by trying drink or drugs beforehand, you still make a choice in that instant and are never sure of how you will feel in the future. If you never wanted try drugs or drink and were never curious about it why would you become curious and want to try them? If you had tried them and stopped how can you be sure you will never want to again?

Or it's like when you haven't try some food, like i don't know, tomatos for example, you say "no i don't like that, i'll never eat them" but then someday you try it just because and you may love it. So if you have tried tomatos before, and you didn't like, you can say well i don't like them, i dont want to eat them never ever more, and you are sure that you wont, because you have tried them and you didnt like.

But of course it's not necessarily.

Well what are the reasons for not trying tomatoes? Drink and drugs have numerous negative aspects that make them something worth avoiding, it damages your body, they are poisoness, there are often legal issues, theres the problem of addiction, and of course the effect to many is very undesirable. So its hard to compare it to tomatos, the point is people can feel very very strongly about drugs without needing to do them it doesn't even have to be about the feeling one gets from drugs so you won't ever have to do them to know you won't. You are comparing liking the taste of a tomato to people making a decision based on a lot of factors surrounding drink and drugs. If you were saying these people will never know if they like the feel of being a little high or a little drunk then its true they won't but they can quite easily know they never want to try being high or drunk based on numerous other issues. If tomatos were a tasty fruit that also put you at risk of all the things drugs and drink can then you could compare the two. But like i say you can never be sure of anything, i grew up hating stawberrys and all kinds of berries with little seeds in, i had tried them and hated them, my pallet changes constantly and i try foods that i didn't used to like and find that i now like them. So again on that level your analogy doesn't work as i can never be sure i won't change to like foods i once didn't. Its not such a good bet, i know i never want to fill my veins with heroin (theres a chance albeit very slim i will change my mind one day) and i don't need to try it to have a reason not to do it. Also, this idea would require you to try all drugs to be sure that none of them suited you, this seems rather flawed and makes me wonder how have you come to be straight edge? Have you tried every drug?

hardcoretta
04-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Well even if you have tried it you can't be 100% sure that you'll never want to try it again. The choice of becomming straightedge is not made anymore conclusive by trying drink or drugs beforehand, you still make a choice in that instant and are never sure of how you will feel in the future. If you never wanted try drugs or drink and were never curious about it why would you become curious and want to try them? If you had tried them and stopped how can you be sure you will never want to again?

Well what are the reasons for not trying tomatoes? Drink and drugs have numerous negative aspects that make them something worth avoiding, it damages your body, they are poisoness, there are often legal issues, theres the problem of addiction, and of course the effect to many is very undesirable. So its hard to compare it to tomatos, the point is people can feel very very strongly about drugs without needing to do them it doesn't even have to be about the feeling one gets from drugs so you won't ever have to do them to know you won't. You are comparing liking the taste of a tomato to people making a decision based on a lot of factors surrounding drink and drugs. If you were saying these people will never know if they like the feel of being a little high or a little drunk then its true they won't but they can quite easily know they never want to try being high or drunk based on numerous other issues. If tomatos were a tasty fruit that also put you at risk of all the things drugs and drink can then you could compare the two. But like i say you can never be sure of anything, i grew up hating stawberrys and all kinds of berries with little seeds in, i had tried them and hated them, my pallet changes constantly and i try foods that i didn't used to like and find that i now like them. So again on that level your analogy doesn't work as i can never be sure i won't change to like foods i once didn't. Its not such a good bet, i know i never want to fill my veins with heroin (theres a chance albeit very slim i will change my mind one day) and i don't need to try it to have a reason not to do it. Also, this idea would require you to try all drugs to be sure that none of them suited you, this seems rather flawed and makes me wonder how have you come to be straight edge? Have you tried every drug?

I said tomatoes just to say something, i didn't really wanted you to analyze tomatoes and drugs. They'll never be together. But what i'm saying, is that that's the way i feel it. And no, of course I've never tried every drug, but that wasn't what i meant.

I don't want kids to try every drug so that now they can be sxe, but I THINK that if a kid has tried any drug or alcohol and then he or she becames straight edge, I THINK he or she would feel more conected.

Is like, how do you know what being happy is¿ You know it, because you've already been sad. Otherwise you wouldn't know how it feels.

straightXed
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I said tomatoes just to say something, i didn't really wanted you to analyze tomatoes and drugs. They'll never be together. But what i'm saying, is that that's the way i feel it. And no, of course I've never tried every drug, but that wasn't what i meant.

Yeah but the point i raised were why drugs are completely different from tasting tomatoes so you using that analogy misses the point. But if you have never tried every drug how can you know you don't want to. Thats what you were saying, that you need to do something in order to know you don't want to do it and its wrong. Accept it.

I don't want kids to try every drug so that now they can be sxe, but I THINK that if a kid has tried any drug or alcohol and then he or she becames straight edge, I THINK he or she would feel more conected.

not really, no. You said you can't feel the edge unless you have done drugs. That statement was wrong. Accept it.

Is like, how do you know what being happy is¿ You know it, because you've already been sad. Otherwise you wouldn't know how it feels.

No, if i have been sad that doesn't tell me how happy feels it just tells me how sad feels and thats an even worse annalogy than the tomatoes one. You need to accept that the whole essence of straightedge is no more prominant if you have done drugs, feeling the edge is not connected to trying drink or drugs at all. Accept it.

hardcoretta
04-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah but the point i raised were why drugs are completely different from tasting tomatoes so you using that analogy misses the point. But if you have never tried every drug how can you know you don't want to. Thats what you were saying, that you need to do something in order to know you don't want to do it and its wrong. Accept it.

You'll never accept my way of thinking, am i right¿
I know i don't want to, because i've tried some from the same group named DRUGS, and i don't want that anymore.
And sorry about the tomatoes thing, i never thought you would analyze it like that, it was just an stupid example to everybody to see how i think.

not really, no. You said you can't feel the edge unless you have done drugs. That statement was wrong. Accept it.

I've never said that, i said that I THINK that you would feel more connected that's all, not that you wouldn't feel it at all.

No, if i have been sad that doesn't tell me how happy feels it just tells me how sad feels and thats an even worse annalogy than the tomatoes one. You need to accept that the whole essence of straightedge is no more prominant if you have done drugs, feeling the edge is not connected to trying drink or drugs at all. Accept it.

If you have been sad, you know you are sad because you know what happiness is.
Is like, there's the evil and there's the good. If none of them exist, then you wouldn't know when you're doing something bad and when you're doing something good.

xsecx
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Is like, there's the evil and there's the good. If none of them exist, then you wouldn't know when you're doing something bad and when you're doing something good.

yeah but the main point is that you don't have to do bad things to know they're bad. I don't have to kill someone to know that murder is wrong.

hardcoretta
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
yeah but the main point is that you don't have to do bad things to know they're bad. I don't have to kill someone to know that murder is wrong.

but you don't have to go to the extremes.

straightXed
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
You'll never accept my way of thinking, am i right¿
I know i don't want to, because i've tried some from the same group named DRUGS, and i don't want that anymore.
And sorry about the tomatoes thing, i never thought you would analyze it like that, it was just an stupid example to everybody to see how i think.

Of course i will accept your way of thinking if you back it up with a substantial argument with no holes, if i am able to find holes in it then why would i accept it? Furthermore why would you continue to follow that line of thought when it is shown to be flawed? Perhaps you dislike the idea of being wrong or dislike the idea of having it pointed out to you by a complete stranger online but the hope on my part is for you to actually see what is wrong with what you have said and perhaps learn from that.

I've never said that, i said that I THINK that you would feel more connected that's all, not that you wouldn't feel it at all.

i'm sorry but you said "I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs." Thats a direct quote of what you said and it says quite clearly that you won't feel the edge unless you have done some drink or drugs. Perhaps we should mark this up to english being your second language but you definitely have said it won't be felt by people who have not done any drugs.

I only know happiness is happiness and that sadness is sadness, if i was happy i don't automatically know what sadness is. And either way it has nothing to do with needing to know what drugs are like to know you don't want to do them. Again look at the multitude of reasons to not do drugs before even getting near them.

And what is your point? Good and evil can be very subjective and evil can feel good and good can feel evil. So exactly where does that leave us, this doesn't prove a point it just puts the attention elsewhere. The point is that i don't have to do something to know i don't want to do it or believe it to be wrong. And if i do it it and then decide not to it doesn't ensure with any more conviction that i will never do it again.

straightXed
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM

But straightedge is a pretty extreme stance! So should we just murder someone a little bit to know its wrong but not a full extreme murder!!

xsecx
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM

yeah, but you can have opinions on right and wrong without doing things. Like I've never had homosexual sex but I don't think it's wrong.

hardcoretta
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
i'm sorry but you said "I think you have to feel the edge. And you won't feel it if you have never tried alcohol or some drugs." Thats a direct quote of what you said and it says quite clearly that you won't feel the edge unless you have done some drink or drugs. Perhaps we should mark this up to english being your second language but you definitely have said it won't be felt by people who have not done any drugs.

Yes, that's my mistake. I said that, i now i regret about it. You're right, it's not necessarely that you have tried alcohol or some drugs. I, in my personal opinion, think that (i was thinkin' an example, but now i see that my examples are no good at all)... well you know¿ i'll tell you something.

I knew this straight edge thing when i used to drink alcohol and all that shit, and i felt like that was the stupidest thing i could do, but the day i realize that alcohol wasn't good at all for me, i was destroying myself, destroying my relations with friends, destroying my family, i felt that straight edge could be the best for me. And starting from there, i felt so connected to it. Because i knew this would help me, this is my deal, my thing.

straightXed
04-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Yes, that's my mistake. I said that, i now i regret about it. You're right, it's not necessarely that you have tried alcohol or some drugs. I, in my personal opinion, think that (i was thinkin' an example, but now i see that my examples are no good at all)... well you know¿ i'll tell you something.

I knew this straight edge thing when i used to drink alcohol and all that shit, and i felt like that was the stupidest thing i could do, but the day i realize that alcohol wasn't good at all for me, i was destroying myself, destroying my relations with friends, destroying my family, i felt that straight edge could be the best for me. And starting from there, i felt so connected to it. Because i knew this would help me, this is my deal, my thing.

Its great that you feel strongly about being straightedge, a lot of people do myself included.

hardcoretta
04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Its great that you feel strongly about being straightedge, a lot of people do myself included.

A joke doesn't last for 4 years, you know.

I love myself being straight edge, and i don't care if people dont like my point of view, because in my town, there are just 2 of us (my ex-boyfriend and me, that i know), and my friends accept the fact that they can't try to get me drinkin' with 'em, even they don't like the idea, but out of there, nobody likes me being sxe.

straightXed
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
A joke doesn't last for 4 years, you know.

huh?

I love myself being straight edge, and i don't care if people dont like my point of view, because in my town, there are just 2 of us (my ex-boyfriend and me, that i know), and my friends accept the fact that they can't try to get me drinkin' with 'em, even they don't like the idea, but out of there, nobody likes me being sxe.

ummm ok then.

hardcoretta
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM
huh?
ummm ok then.

Nothing..

straightXed
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Nothing..

yes it did seem a little irrelevent.

Pilaf
04-20-2007, 06:21 AM
But straightedge is a pretty extreme stance!

I've heard that one before, but I just don't see it. Maybe Hardline, but regular Straight Edge? Nah...

straightXed
04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I've heard that one before, but I just don't see it. Maybe Hardline, but regular Straight Edge? Nah...

it is extreme in the sense it is totally against recreational drugs and not ok with them in moderation or anything less than abstinance. Hence the idea of being straightedge for the weekend is ridiculous and the idea of straightedge seems to many to be a step to far, most would condone an occasional beer. Because of this straightedge falls into the definition of extreme, perhaps in order for you to see it you should examine the word extreme again. Words tend to deviate from their actual meanings when people continue to use them incorrectly and extreme is often such a word.

hardcoretta
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
yes it did seem a little irrelevent.

Indeed.

straightXed
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Indeed.

A month later this reply isn't really necessary especially considering what your reply actually was.

mouseman004
05-15-2007, 01:52 PM
A month later this reply isn't really necessary especially considering what your reply actually was.

Is it really necessary for you to point out that her post was unnecessary when all she did was agree with you? If you thought it was unnecessary then all you had to do was not respond to it.

straightXed
05-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Is it really necessary for you to point out that her post was unnecessary when all she did was agree with you?

Well apparently so, it would seem she was unaware of it being unnecessary by her very actions so yes that did need pointing out. Was it really necessary for you to ask this question?

If you thought it was unnecessary then all you had to do was not respond to it.

Its not that i thought it was unnecessary its that it was unnecessary and that i wished to point that out. But thanks for the unnecessary advice!

mouseman004
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Well apparently so, it would seem she was unaware of it being unnecessary by her very actions so yes that did need pointing out. Was it really necessary for you to ask this question?

Maybe she thought that it was necessary. Just becuase you thought it was unnecessary doesn't mean that it was necessarily unnecessary to everybody.

Its not that i thought it was unnecessary its that it was unnecessary and that i wished to point that out. But thanks for the unnecessary advice!

Again, maybe it was necessary to her. And I was not offering unnecessary advice, I was merely pointing out that I thought it was unnecessary for you to tell her that her comment was unnecessary.

hardcoretta
05-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Lots of comments are unnecessary.

XbriX
11-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I agree, you couldn't have been straight egde your whole life, you have to be influenced at one point in your life, most of us probably from the hardcore music scene.

xcriterionmasterx
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
you can be drug free for life, but obviously not straight edge. that is like someone saying they were christian their whole life, umm, no, your parents said you were. maybe when i have a kid i will just say he is straight edge... :]

TransientWind
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM

dont worry i lost my childhood too xD

TransientWind
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
hmm.. well i guess i dont belong in sXe =] thanks for having me for a day xD i dont seem to fit first step of being a sXe x3 LC RULES!!! (Liberation Crusader)

Wicked Brown
01-13-2009, 06:01 AM
sxe is not something that can be learned you are either sxe or you aren't
i don't claim to have been sxe my whole life because i know i haven't

Veskou
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Well yeah it's not possible to be sXe your whole life, but if u can at least while you're still a student and in collage, it will be great! :)

CarlaRant
02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Well yeah it's not possible to be sXe your whole life, but if u can at least while you're still a student and in collage, it will be great! :)

College was a difficult time for my sxe self. I found that the peer pressure was greater than high school. However, I am one cool chick that doesn't push her beliefs on people, so the small scene I found myself in was very accepting of me.

Just-a-fool
04-12-2009, 02:08 AM
sxe is not something that can be learned you are either sxe or you aren't
i don't claim to have been sxe my whole life because i know i haven't
sXe can actually be learned, you can learn how to live by the rules.
If someone has a background of using drugs then according to your words that person can never be sXe?

xchainxofxstrengthx
12-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Peer presure has never been a problem for me, i just said no thanks. I find it easy to be around people that are doing what they want, half my friends drink, smoke its something they have choosen to do not me, but they are still my friends, they look out for me and look out for them. They know the score. Dont loose friends because they are not doing exactley what you are doing.
Its all down to the individule everyone is different, we all have weakness and strengths.
I have a very good pain threshold, but a very sensitive digestive system, so being Edge for me helps with that problem very well.
I have had a couple of friends go Edge, not because of what i have said because i dont say anything unless they ask, but then i just tell them how my life is and they just want to get away from what they and doing and live a more positive, healtheir life style (which includes bmx a passion of mine)
I have also had a very good friend of mine revert the other way, he broke contact with me because he said he felt ashamed that i wouldnt want to know him anymore.
When we finaly met up a year later, he could see i had not changed towards him and soon felt back at ease with me.
I love this guy to death just as i do all my friends, i'm there for what ever.
Friends and Family.

Teratus
05-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Peer preasure wasnt a problem for me either

actually i dont even see it as a problem

peer preasure confuses me to be honest
I dont understand how it grabs people

do emotions like curiosity or Jelosy have anything to do with it?

I've never exsperienced peer preasure so i dont know

xF1GHTERx
02-22-2011, 01:00 PM

u dont know what u r fighting against till u hvae experience first hand

xsecx
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
u dont know what u r fighting against till u hvae experience first hand

yeah, no. I can fight against rape, murder, child molestation, etc without experiencing any of them first hand.

Kid Edge
11-18-2011, 12:14 PM

That's a great idea when you think about it