PDA

View Full Version : Shedding a tear for hardcore.

xvunderx
08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
More and more Hardcore is making me sad. The fact that we can't seem to have a big event even a so called "posi" one without huge fights. Hellfest anounced a Wet T-shirt Contest, but then said it was a joke when people got pissed, though somehow I'm thinking not really a joke.

The meat heads are taking over, I don't think thought and ethics will be welcome for much longer.

flame_still_burns
08-03-2005, 11:11 AM
theres been so much talk of so many slashed up wrists
but were much too young to be dwelling on thoughts like this
so scrape your heart up from the bottom of the bottom of the barrel
keep your faith in the path thats growing narrow
kill the doubt inside your head
we overcome
we push ahead

xsecx
08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I also won't be surprised if burning angel and suicide girls both have tables and people recruiting girls at hellfest.

linsee
08-03-2005, 03:31 PM
i feel like that too. i get bummed when i see the fights or hear about them or whatever. but then i hit up a really amazing show and it erases everything all over again. i saw have heart and learn the other night with maybe 20 other kids and it instilled everything positive back into once again.

flame_still_burns
08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
i feel like that too. i get bummed when i see the fights or hear about them or whatever. but then i hit up a really amazing show and it erases everything all over again. i saw have heart and learn the other night with maybe 20 other kids and it instilled everything positive back into once again.

i saw have heart sunday and they reaffirmed that they are one of the best bands in hardcore.

maximum output on the stage dives.

xdaddydaycorex
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
The meat heads are taking over, I don't think thought and ethics will be welcome for much longer.

even though i have developed a taste for some toughguy and metalcore bands i think the decline can be pretty much attributed to those type of bands. sometimes i miss underdog and the biscuits so much it hurts.

xGriffox
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Well a good posi show was With honor, Modern life is war, and Kill Your Idols at CBGB's. No fights broke out, but then again it wasn't a huge festival.