PDA

View Full Version : 2018 movies

Lifestyle_X
01-06-2018, 01:21 PM
New year, new thread. Haven't seen any movies yet this year though.

Lifestyle_X
01-09-2018, 02:32 PM
It seems I missed out on "Murder On The Orient Express", although that is a 2017 movie but I wanted to see it this week. Bummer. Looking forward to the Three Billboards movie but don't know where I can see it.

xsecx
01-09-2018, 03:43 PM
It seems I missed out on "Murder On The Orient Express", although that is a 2017 movie but I wanted to see it this week. Bummer. Looking forward to the Three Billboards movie but don't know where I can see it.

it's really good. we still need to see the disaster artist and the shape of water.

Lifestyle_X
01-12-2018, 11:08 AM
I suppose you are talking about the Three Billboards movie?

xsecx
01-12-2018, 11:51 AM
I suppose you are talking about the Three Billboards movie?

yeah, had no desire to see murder on the orient express.

rodrigo
01-15-2018, 08:23 PM
i really want to see three billboards, it's not out here yet.

i wanted to go see coco to represent my latinoness, but it's been impossible

xsecx
01-15-2018, 09:21 PM
i really want to see three billboards, it's not out here yet.

i wanted to go see coco to represent my latinoness, but it's been impossible

how come? too popular?

rodrigo
01-17-2018, 01:03 PM
how come? too popular?

too much work mostly and nobody avaliable when i do have some free time.

shape of water is out in two weeks and i already got tickets.

Lifestyle_X
01-24-2018, 07:30 AM
Coco is Dutch spoken over here. I hate it when they do that.

The Last Jedi was the better movie of the last three new Star Wars movies. Too bad that the Disney touch is noticable, not the same as it ever was imo.

xsecx
01-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Coco is Dutch spoken over here. I hate it when they do that.

The Last Jedi was the better movie of the last three new Star Wars movies. Too bad that the Disney touch is noticable, not the same as it ever was imo.

what do you mean by Disney touch?

Lifestyle_X
02-03-2018, 03:31 AM
The funnies and the cuddliness.

xsecx
02-04-2018, 01:03 PM
The funnies and the cuddliness.

Return of the Jedi man. That's not new. Also Han was comedic relief in the first trilogy just as much as Poe is now.

xsecx
02-16-2018, 09:40 PM
black panther was super good and everyone should go see it.

Lifestyle_X
03-20-2018, 06:47 AM
Return of the Jedi man. That's not new. Also Han was comedic relief in the first trilogy just as much as Poe is now.

Hmm, I don't remember it like that but it has been a long time since I have seen that movie.

I skipped Black Panther after seeing the trailer.

I, Tonya was nothing special but fun to see Margot Robbie acting in this movie. The Strangers Two was rubbish, what made it funny to watch but I would never pay for it. The third Maze Runner was nothing special, better than the second one though.

xsecx
03-21-2018, 09:54 PM
Hmm, I don't remember it like that but it has been a long time since I have seen that movie.

I skipped Black Panther after seeing the trailer.

I, Tonya was nothing special but fun to see Margot Robbie acting in this movie. The Strangers Two was rubbish, what made it funny to watch but I would never pay for it. The third Maze Runner was nothing special, better than the second one though.

the ewoks were way worse than the porgs.

you should see Black Panther. It's an important movie, and it's also really good. Finally saw shape of water, it was really good and deserving of an oscar. Still need to watch a wrinkle in time. Seeing isle of dogs friday night.

rodrigo
03-26-2018, 07:53 PM
black panther is awesome. and i don't know, but the trailer was pretty cool.

Saw Pacific Rim 2, you guys can skip that one

xsecx
04-01-2018, 10:00 PM
ready player one was eh. it looked good. but it was a wasted opportunity to cast someone with a disability for the female lead for the whole "but I love you for who you are thing"

Lifestyle_X
04-19-2018, 02:54 AM
I also expected more from Ready Player One. Had a bit of the same feeling when watching Bridge Of Spies a few years ago. Maybe I expect too much when Spielberg is involved.
Three Billboards was good but the corniness during the scene with the deer only works when it is an actual deer and not computer animated. I think this is the best movie I've seen this year.
The Darkest Hour was interesting, only problem is Winston Churchill had such a memorable face that no one can play that role.

Tomb Raider sucked. Rampage sucked. 12 Strong was okay. Red Sparrow was below expectations.

rodrigo
04-29-2018, 11:48 AM
hot diggity dog, avengers infinity war

Lifestyle_X
06-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Bad Samaritan was ok, second part of the movie started to suck though. I hope I can watch a lot of movies for free in the summertime, it looks like my job at the movie theater will be finished in September.

xsecx
06-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Bad Samaritan was ok, second part of the movie started to suck though. I hope I can watch a lot of movies for free in the summertime, it looks like my job at the movie theater will be finished in September.

then you just have to be like the rest of us and go see them. going to see a prescreening of jurassic world tonight. I have low expectations.

xsecx
06-15-2018, 09:04 PM
jurassic world fallen kingdom was pretty but real real dumb.

Lifestyle_X
09-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Sicario 2 was good but the first one was better. Anyway, been a while since I have seen a new movie. Suggestions?

xsecx
09-15-2018, 01:31 AM
sorry to bother you was weird and good.

xsecx
09-23-2018, 09:36 PM
the predator wasn't completely terrible.

Lifestyle_X
09-28-2018, 12:12 PM
the predator wasn't completely terrible.

Bummer. Was looking forward to it. Anyone seen The Meg? I heard it was the usual Jason Statham crap but I want to hear it from you guys!

xsecx
09-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Bummer. Was looking forward to it. Anyone seen The Meg? I heard it was the usual Jason Statham crap but I want to hear it from you guys!

it wasn't bad but there were some dumb choices. like predator dogs.

I haven't seen the meg, but everyone who did see it that i know liked it.

Lifestyle_X
12-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Beautiful Boy by Belgian director Felix Van Groeningen with Steve Carell doing an excellent performance. Best movie I have seen this year, by far.

xsecx
12-16-2018, 10:29 PM
into the spider-verse was really great.