PDA

View Full Version : I could definitely use some help!

Bea
07-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Hello, first i'm new to sxe although i've been reading the boards for a long time. My names brittany and i've been drug/alcohol free for eight months. I've been thinking about becoming edge for a while and try my best to stay on top of the "rules of edge" without actually claiming so me claiming edge doesn't look so drastic or "poserish".

I really want to claim, but it seems like so many guys look down upon girls [no offence] Guys act like girls can't be in the pit, girls can't scream, and i've heard from a few guys that " Girls can't be edge, duh fuck that" so i'm a little scared of claiming. Which sucks, cause isn't that what edge is basically about? besides it being a lifestyle choice to stay drug/alcohol/ect. free, it's a family. About sticking together for a cause. I could be entirely wrong. But i listen to amazing sXe bands and what they sing about. And i definitely want to be a part of that, but i feel like its a "guys only" situation.

Ahh someone pleeease send me some advice. Should i claim and go balls to the walls? or sit back and just stay everything free?!

please and thanks!

flogyptic
07-19-2005, 12:09 PM
alot of things have been claimed as "guys only" but that never stopped girls from doing it...if you are all for it why the hell would you let something/someone stop you from doing it?...now if you are scared of the sxe guys generally, that's another thing, but if you just feel negativeness or whatever coming from them, screw it and go for it...

Bea
07-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeha that's what i'm thinking. I think that if it's something i want, then i should go for it. At the same time though, TO ME alot of being sXe is being a part of the rest of the edge "family". And if it feels like you have no one there to back your ass up when you need it, then how edge would that feel? I know i'd feel pretty fuckin alone that's for sure. I just hope that if i claim [which i plan doing soonish] people won't think i'm doing it cause i think it's "cool" (i know it's got absolutely nothing to do with "coolness") and that guys will support me. i think the best way to gain their support is to just hold my own, take shit from people, and prove myself to the many who will most definitely call me a poser.

fuck yeah bitches.

hxcsxebmxer
07-20-2005, 12:27 PM
haha ur thinkin the right way

linsee
07-20-2005, 04:49 PM
who cares what people say? if you want to do it, do it. there's always going to be people to try to bring you down.

xsecx
07-20-2005, 05:41 PM
who cares what people say? if you want to do it, do it. there's always going to be people to try to bring you down.

does that mean you're gonna follow your own advice?

vince
08-07-2005, 05:28 AM
i haven't been edge for long and i haven't claimed yet, although i intend to. none of my friends are edge but none of them care, i still go out to the pub with them and they still get drunk. being sxe hasnt put a divide between us but it has introduced me to a whole load of other people.
my point is sxe is a lifestyle, its a decision you make for yourself, its about you. if you become sxe to purely to fit in with the crowd then it isn't for you, similarly, if you are put off by elitist snobs then it probably isn't for you either.
in my opinion if you are drug (including alcohol and nicotine) free and you love the music, you already are sxe, claiming is just about letting everyone else know what you stand for.
what im trying to say is f**k the narrow minded snobs and claim.
xxx
ps. i hope i don't sound self righteous!

xlbenlx
08-13-2005, 10:24 PM
There are only two edge people where i live (Pella, Iowa 12,000 people) and I want to know what this backing up feeling feels like.

kelly
08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
There are only two edge people where i live (Pella, Iowa 12,000 people) and I want to know what this backing up feeling feels like.
Is that where Pella Windows come from?

linsee
08-14-2005, 12:36 AM

do you know everyyyyyyy person in pella?

i peed in pella once.

xlbenlx
08-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Is that where Pella Windows come from?
yea it is

kelly
08-14-2005, 10:21 PM
yea it is
seriously? cuz I was just kidding...

xlbenlx
08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
seriously? cuz I was just kidding...
yea it is.
And I do know alot of people. People will play a Pella guessing games. They will say... "Thats my co-workers uncles son" And then sometimes they do long ones.

Digthehole
08-26-2005, 10:07 PM
If you wanna be Straight Edge, but are afraid of what the male populous of Straight Edge thinks fuck em. Be what you want, and if people are real they'll respect you.

xsecx
08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
If you wanna be Straight Edge, but are afraid of what the male populous of Straight Edge thinks fuck em. Be what you want, and if people are real they'll respect you.

but you're not real? you're a habitial liar?

keithxXx
08-27-2005, 12:43 PM
but you're not real? you're a habitial liar?
is this drakE?