PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Call It Dancing

XplagueX
07-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Why Must you call it dancing. Sure I'm all for flailling my arms and legs around with reason mostly just joking around or making fun of something, but come on dancing? Dancing is an art not a passtime at a concert unless it is a concert for dancing; like ballroom dancing or tango. Also why do they always associate it with hardcore. Hardcore is like minor threat and black flag. Not atreyu or any other band right now claiming to be hardcore big difference between metal and hardcore. Moshing is what hardcore kids do, not flailling their arms around so if you are one of those kids...Thanks for contributing to ruining something so great with your fucking dancing.

xsecx
07-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Why Must you call it dancing. Sure I'm all for flailling my arms and legs around with reason mostly just joking around or making fun of something, but come on dancing? Dancing is an art not a passtime at a concert unless it is a concert for dancing; like ballroom dancing or tango. Also why do they always associate it with hardcore. Hardcore is like minor threat and black flag. Not atreyu or any other band right now claiming to be hardcore big difference between metal and hardcore. Moshing is what hardcore kids do, not flailling their arms around so if you are one of those kids...Thanks for contributing to ruining something so great with your fucking dancing.

uh. moshing is dancing?

XplagueX
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
moshing is like you knw running in to people pushing them...and having a good time...back then you know there wasnt any distinct moves like the windmill.

xsecx
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
moshing is like you knw running in to people pushing them...and having a good time...back then you know there wasnt any distinct moves like the windmill.

the windmill has been around from 15+ years now. what you're describing was normally refered to as slam dancing. Go listen to sick of it all's blood, sweat no tears, people have been calling it dancing for a long long time.

XplagueX
07-15-2005, 02:20 PM
now that you mention. Dead kennedys reffered to moshing as dancing in 1983...well im sorry i made the mistake. I wasnt thinking clearly.

vince
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
i cant really dance (at least not in that way) so moshing is about as close to dancing as i ever get, oh and skanking, i can skank

straightXed
08-08-2005, 07:31 PM
I don't dance.

kelly
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I like salsa dancing. Oh wait, that's not very hardcore.

XCUDEYX
08-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Finally fuck.
I can't enjoy myself at a hardcore show because there is all these kids pretending to be ninja's, I think its awsome they are different. But why should I not be able to go up to the stage? they fucking kick the shit out of me just cause I dont do there ninja stuff. Jeepers, I just want to have fun at a good oldschool hardcore show and everyone is "dancing" like its a metal core show.

djay
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
what does metalcore has to do with moshpits and not getting in front of the stage?

kelly
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
People dance at the metalcore shows? Is it like those dances they do at the prom in 80's movies? Cuz that'd be funny.

straightXed
08-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Finally fuck.
I can't enjoy myself at a hardcore show because there is all these kids pretending to be ninja's, I think its awsome they are different. But why should I not be able to go up to the stage? they fucking kick the shit out of me just cause I dont do there ninja stuff. Jeepers, I just want to have fun at a good oldschool hardcore show and everyone is "dancing" like its a metal core show.

Pretending to be a ninja is dumb.

XvagueprophetX
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Pretending to be a ninja is dumb.
what if i'm not pretending?

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/rup/ninja2guitars.jpg

kelly
08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I never knew ninjas wore white athletic socks.

XvagueprophetX
08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
I never knew ninjas wore white athletic socks.
now you know.

straightXed
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
what if i'm not pretending?

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/rup/ninja2guitars.jpg

That site is to ninjitsu what toefur is to straightedge.

kelly
08-11-2005, 02:58 PM
That site is to ninjitsu what toefur is to straightedge.
except it's funny.

XvagueprophetX
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
except it's funny.
holy shit is it funny... have you read the hate mail?
seriously, surfing that page causes bladder control issues.

kelly
08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
holy shit is it funny... have you read the hate mail?
seriously, surfing that page causes bladder control issues.
Damn, I didn't even see the hate mail!

straightXed
08-11-2005, 04:15 PM
except it's funny.

Its dumb, people on tofuer are dumb also, You can laugh at stupidity all you want it doesn't stop it being stupidity. Whats really dumb is when people who are all about that site post on legit martial art forums, you can route a whole lot of stupidity to that site much the same as toefuer's site.

kelly
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Its dumb, people on tofuer are dumb also, You can laugh at stupidity all you want it doesn't stop it being stupidity. Whats really dumb is when people who are all about that site post on legit martial art forums, you can route a whole lot of stupidity to that site much the same as toefuer's site.
Yeah, except I was kinda assuming the ninja site was intentionally stupid funny. I didn't know they went and posted on real martial arts forums.... that seems extra stupid. Almost so extra stupid that it's funny again.

straightXed
08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, except I was kinda assuming the ninja site was intentionally stupid funny. I didn't know they went and posted on real martial arts forums.... that seems extra stupid. Almost so extra stupid that it's funny again.

Intending to be stupid is still being stupid. Pretending to be a ninja is dumb so is that site, finding it funny is neither here nor there.

kelly
08-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Intending to be stupid is still being stupid. Pretending to be a ninja is dumb so is that site, finding it funny is neither here nor there.
Joy-killer.

straightXed
08-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Joy-killer.

Not really, i haven't told you not to find it funny i made a statement of it being dumb, which it is.

kelly
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Not really, i haven't told you not to find it funny i made a statement of it being dumb, which it is.
I rest my case.

straightXed
08-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I rest my case.

Your joy is killed by someone stating facts, oh poor you.

straightXed
08-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Damn, I didn't even see the hate mail!

supprise!

kelly
08-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Your joy is killed by someone stating facts, oh poor you.
Well, I thought it was common knowledge that over-analyzing jokes ruins them...

straightXed
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, I thought it was common knowledge that over-analyzing jokes ruins them...

i said a simple statement, about pretending to be a ninja is dumb and you jump all over and turn it into a huge issue, i think you are the one guilty of joy killing. I never over analyzed anything, i initialy was refering to people in pits then the site dumb ninja site was mentioned and i put forth my opinion of it, by comparing it to toefuers site, which was actually a joke. I don't know why you insist on getting into conversations with me if its always like this. Its really boring.

XvagueprophetX
08-11-2005, 05:23 PM
i'm gonna flip out and kill you both with my kick ass ninja skills!

kelly
08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
i'm gonna flip out and kill you both with my kick ass ninja skills!
Ha, you obviously haven't seen MY ninja skills!

kelly
08-11-2005, 05:41 PM
i said a simple statement, about pretending to be a ninja is dumb and you jump all over and turn it into a huge issue, i think you are the one guilty of joy killing. I never over analyzed anything, i initialy was refering to people in pits then the site dumb ninja site was mentioned and i put forth my opinion of it, by comparing it to toefuers site, which was actually a joke. I don't know why you insist on getting into conversations with me if its always like this. Its really boring.
I didn't mean to turn it into a huge issue, I was kidding. Sheesh. Although maybe we should avoid too much conversation, we seem to have a problematic sense of humor clash.

XvagueprophetX
08-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Ha, you obviously haven't seen MY ninja skills!
bring it!

kelly
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
bring it!
Damn, I guess you called my bluff. I have no ninja skills. I almost took ninjitsu, but it was a 50 minute bus ride.

XvagueprophetX
08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Damn, I guess you called my bluff. I have no ninja skills. I almost took ninjitsu, but it was a 50 minute bus ride.
well, if you were a ninja you wouldn't have to take the bus because ninja can fly.

"Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab."

you might have to take the bus the first couple times but once you got those flying skills you could start flying (and stabbing).

kelly
08-11-2005, 07:19 PM
well, if you were a ninja you wouldn't have to take the bus because ninja can fly.

"Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab."

you might have to take the bus the first couple times but once you got those flying skills you could start flying (and stabbing).

Shit, you're right! Then I could stop worrying about my lack of a car. I so shouldn't have signed up for aikido. You don't see those dudes flying. I think they do some stabbing though.

straightXed
08-12-2005, 03:27 PM
I didn't mean to turn it into a huge issue, I was kidding. Sheesh. Although maybe we should avoid too much conversation, we seem to have a problematic sense of humor clash.

I think its more to do with character types.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-13-2005, 11:02 AM

you like other douche bag hardcore kids take things to seriously, have no life, and everything revolves around hardcore...it is people like you who ruin the scene!

straightXed
08-13-2005, 11:54 AM
you like other douche bag hardcore kids take things to seriously, have no life, and everything revolves around hardcore...it is people like you who ruin the scene!

So is that a serious statement? Because it certainly sounds like you have taken it very seriously also.

I have a life, what makes you think i don't? Because a misunderstanding arose on a message board?

On what are you basing the statement "everything revolves around hardcore" because its surely not based on my life i can assure you.

And if you look at my comments you will see that i was not trying to ruin the scene, in fact i made comments that in effect meant that kids at shows that are all about acting tough and trying to be ninjas are not cool. I think thats a pretty positive slant on things and not one that ruins the scene.

You really should think before you post, making idle insults on a message board is really not a way to address a flaw you find in someones behaviour. So if you have a problem or concern why not be helpful and talk about it or would that be ruining the scene?

XvagueprophetX
08-13-2005, 12:23 PM
kids at shows that are all about acting tough and trying to be ninjas are not cool.
but as we have seen... REAL ninjas are cool.

xsecx
08-13-2005, 12:25 PM

you're still not very smart,are you?

kelly
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Especially when they flip out!

straightXed
08-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Especially when they flip out!

the reality of it:

http://movie.motionmanage.com/movie/Community/Chiba/nodasi/nodasi_3.wmv

kelly
08-13-2005, 01:35 PM
the reality of it:

So what you're saying is, instead of flipping out, they become giants and float in purple clouds over the mountains. Oh wait, no I guess the reality part just started now. Damn, that old dude is flipping out and beating everyone up. Or at least putting them all in arm bars.

straightXed
08-13-2005, 02:07 PM
So what you're saying is, instead of flipping out, they become giants and float in purple clouds over the mountains. Oh wait, no I guess the reality part just started now. Damn, that old dude is flipping out and beating everyone up. Or at least putting them all in arm bars.

See it all seemes to relaxed to be flipping out

kelly
08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
See it all seemes to relaxed to be flipping out
Yeah, I suppose you're right, it's all very relaxed. Like "oh, look, there comes some dude... oops, there he goes flipping over my shoulder...." So I guess what you're saying is that ninja's don't even need to be flipping out to be kicking ass, right?

straightXed
08-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I suppose you're right, it's all very relaxed. Like "oh, look, there comes some dude... oops, there he goes flipping over my shoulder...." So I guess what you're saying is that ninja's don't even need to be flipping out to be kicking ass, right?

I'm also saying they don't fly.

kelly
08-13-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm also saying they don't fly.
Too bad about the not flying, really. I suppose you're gonna tell me next that kung fu masters can't do that skipping across leaf branches thing either.

straightXed
08-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Too bad about the not flying, really. I suppose you're gonna tell me next that kung fu masters can't do that skipping across leaf branches thing either.

I didn't intend on it.

XvagueprophetX
08-13-2005, 08:55 PM
duh... that's because the video is being played back in slow motion. your untrained canadian eyes would never be able to follow the lightning quick wailings sensei was laying down on that biker gang. also, it must have been edited for content because if they had shown the whole thing you would have seen him finish them off with a kick ass guitar solo.

(dusty hates us)

xsecx
08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
duh... that's because the video is being played back in slow motion. your untrained canadian eyes would never be able to follow the lightning quick wailings sensei was laying down on that biker gang. also, it must have been edited for content because if they had shown the whole thing you would have seen him finish them off with a kick ass guitar solo.

(dusty hates us)

make new topics, or the diseased ballsack is coming back.

djay
08-13-2005, 10:26 PM
the reality of it:

that man is impressive! and the way he walks out of each move is funny.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-14-2005, 08:11 PM
So is that a serious statement? Because it certainly sounds like you have taken it very seriously also.

I have a life, what makes you think i don't? Because a misunderstanding arose on a message board?

On what are you basing the statement "everything revolves around hardcore" because its surely not based on my life i can assure you.

And if you look at my comments you will see that i was not trying to ruin the scene, in fact i made comments that in effect meant that kids at shows that are all about acting tough and trying to be ninjas are not cool. I think thats a pretty positive slant on things and not one that ruins the scene.

You really should think before you post, making idle insults on a message board is really not a way to address a flaw you find in someones behaviour. So if you have a problem or concern why not be helpful and talk about it or would that be ruining the scene?

awww homeboy i was just kiddin. i thought the site was funy you thought it was dumb its a matter of opinion... however i am sik of the "older" hardcore kids going around telling the new kids that they are scensters cause they dont know every single thing about the past, i know quite a few old hardcore bands and this site has helped with the exposure, they sound good and the lyrics are still relevent but i would still listen to odern hardcore cause the recording is better haha but if you grew up on it you prolly think the recording sunds fine, its almst always the drums! so get off my back creepy "older" hardcore kids im not a scenster i try to hard to be put into that group haha just kiddin

kelly
08-14-2005, 08:17 PM
awww homeboy i was just kiddin. i thought the site was funy you thought it was dumb its a matter of opinion... however i am sik of the "older" hardcore kids going around telling the new kids that they are scensters cause they dont know every single thing about the past, i know quite a few old hardcore bands and this site has helped with the exposure, they sound good and the lyrics are still relevent but i would still listen to odern hardcore cause the recording is better haha but if you grew up on it you prolly think the recording sunds fine, its almst always the drums! so get off my back creepy "older" hardcore kids im not a scenster i try to hard to be put into that group haha just kiddin
So, due to your lack of punctuation, I'm wondering if that "haha just kiddin" was referring to you not being a "scenster", or to calling us "old" hardcore kids creepy.

XvagueprophetX
08-14-2005, 08:19 PM
So, due to your lack of punctuation, I'm wondering if that "haha just kiddin" was referring to you not being a "scenster", or to calling us "old" hardcore kids creepy.
i think he's saying that he didn't really try too hard to be a scenester... so that means we're still creepy.

kelly
08-14-2005, 08:25 PM
i think he's saying that he didn't really try too hard to be a scenester... so that means we're still creepy.
Crap, I was planning on waiting until I was at least 45 to get creepy.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-14-2005, 08:26 PM

you are correct, i was saying i dont try to hard and you can be creepy if you want just dont malest me (uhh sound it out cause i dont know how to spell malest...?)

kelly
08-14-2005, 08:29 PM
you are correct, i was saying i dont try to hard and you can be creepy if you want just dont malest me (uhh sound it out cause i dont know how to spell malest...?)
You must pronounce molest very oddly.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-14-2005, 08:32 PM
You must pronounce molest very oddly.

i say it how i spelled it...

XvagueprophetX
08-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Crap, I was planning on waiting until I was at least 45 to get creepy.
you started creeping me out with that "philosophical date" crap a while back.

kelly
08-14-2005, 09:02 PM
you started creeping me out with that "philosophical date" crap a while back. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Nevermind, I'm creepy. What was this thread supposed to be about again? Mosh pits?

XvagueprophetX
08-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Nevermind, I'm creepy. What was this thread supposed to be about again? Mosh pits?
not ninjas...

kelly
08-14-2005, 09:07 PM
not ninjas...
ahhh yes, on track then.

FistsUp
08-16-2005, 11:59 AM
you should just buy or rent boston beatdown sit down and watch it it will give you a little better understanding. and dancing makes things fun if you get hit hit back it makes you stornger.

xsecx
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
you should just buy or rent boston beatdown sit down and watch it it will give you a little better understanding. and dancing makes things fun if you get hit hit back it makes you stornger.

how exactly does starting fights over stupid shit make you stronger?

djay
08-16-2005, 06:26 PM

well, when you fight, you are cool. thats the way it is.
in the streets i fight, and get respected, yo.

kelly
08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
well, when you fight, you are cool. thats the way it is.
in the streets i fight, and get respected, yo.
Wow, Canadians are violent.

xGriffox
08-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Wow, Canadians are violent.

I heard if you look at a canadian wrong, he'll bite off your ear!

kelly
08-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I heard if you look at a canadian wrong, he'll bite off your ear!
Maybe they're all ninjas. I hear ninjas flip out a lot and stab people.

djay
08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Maybe they're all ninjas. I hear ninjas flip out a lot and stab people.

we're not ninjas, we're violent

XstraightedgeXern
08-29-2005, 01:43 PM
whats up kids and yes were not ninjas. we just beat you up like it or not thats how we roll in the scene you dont push in our pits if you try you will be missing some teeth were all friends were united we have rythme we have fun

xstraightedgexern

XstraightedgeXern
08-29-2005, 01:46 PM

it dont it makes you a punk i believe everyone should have fun people shouldnt beat kids smaller than them up let alone jump them thats pussy shit and it needs to stop stand your ground but dont start shit keep core united no matter how they dress, or how there lifestyle is

XstraightedgeXern

SgtD
08-29-2005, 01:59 PM
please use the . (dot)
it was hard to get what you wanted to say

keithxXx
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
It dosen't, it makes you a punk. I believe that everyone should have fun. People shouldn't beat up kids that are smaller than them, or even jump them. Jumping them is pussy shit, it needs to stop. You should stand your ground, but dont start shit. Keep core united, no matter how they dress, or how there lifestyle is.

XstraightedgeXern
now its legible.

XstraightedgeXern
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
i suck at writing thats somthing you all will grow to love. and thanks for the corections usually im talking that shit not writing it so its all good

XstraightedgeXern

djay
08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
i suck at writing thats somthing you all will grow to love. and thanks for the corections usually im talking that shit not writing it so its all good

XstraightedgeXern

correction, not corection. haha!

Morgedge
09-06-2005, 10:28 AM
djay, don't say Canadians are violent we're a peace loving people, it's sepratists who're violant. (oooh! burn! I just called you a sepratist! BURN!)

P.S. You going to the Terror and Converge show?