PDA

View Full Version : new and wondering

flogyptic
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
hey people....i'm kinda new to the whole straight edge thing and i was just wondering if all of you are hardcore? i mean is it possible to be sxe and like other kinds of music (besides sxe) more?...these questions were probably answered somewhere but i can't find them...anyway if you could help me out it would really help. thanks!

xsecx
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
hey people....i'm kinda new to the whole straight edge thing and i was just wondering if all of you are hardcore? i mean is it possible to be sxe and like other kinds of music (besides sxe) more?...these questions were probably answered somewhere but i can't find them...anyway if you could help me out it would really help. thanks!

straight edge is a lifestyle centered around being drug free and being apart of the hardcore music scene, that's what makes straight edge what it is. That's not to say however that people don't listen and enjoy other things, but straight edge is most definitely dependent on hardcore.

XforevertrueX
06-24-2005, 05:52 PM
i think that in order to be edge you have to definately be involved in the hardcore scene and your local hardcore scene but there is no boundaries to what you can listen to musically. I am edge and i listen to all sorts of different types of music. I listen to bands like The Forecast, Taking Back Sunday, I listen to Rap, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, 50 Cent. Although i might listen to those for humor i still listen to them. Straight Edge is about Hardcore but it doesnt forbid you to listen only to hardcore.

sXe Luna Blue
06-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I like other bands besides hardcore. To tell you the truth I dont really know to many sxe bands i dont think there are to many here in San Antonio tx. but i listen to bands that dont talk about drugs mainly about love life and there problems. if i do listen to a band that talks about drugs its for humor.

flogyptic
06-30-2005, 08:31 AM
yeah, that's what most people say...i'm just not really into hardcore music...there are some songs that i love to death and i'm all for the abstinence stuff...but all that is supposed to be built on the hardcore scene which i don't find myself being into..

xsecx
06-30-2005, 09:26 AM
yeah, that's what most people say...i'm just not really into hardcore music...there are some songs that i love to death and i'm all for the abstinence stuff...but all that is supposed to be built on the hardcore scene which i don't find myself being into..

you could always start something new where you would feel like you fit in rather than changing to be a label that doesn't fit.

flogyptic
06-30-2005, 11:27 AM
yeah ....haha i'll start the nnn scene....and we'd be based around country music...naw i love the hardcore scene to death it's these violent dudes that are beginning to scare me outta it

xsecx
06-30-2005, 11:30 AM
yeah ....haha i'll start the nnn scene....and we'd be based around country music...naw i love the hardcore scene to death it's these violent dudes that are beginning to scare me outta it

yeah, but if you do, then that's all that's left.