PDA

View Full Version : What is straight edge?

Gonzo
06-12-2005, 03:57 PM
How you all doing? I just came across some of these straight edge sights after reviewing an album from Earth Crisis on Amazon (I'm sorry, but I hated the bands music), and I am wondering what are the hard lines of the straight edge movement? I know that not all of those involved in the movement take such a militant approach as the youngsters in Salt Lake City, but what are the motives and definitions of this lifestyle? Are you all teens? Is there a view of superiority or separation? What is the lifestyles support community like? Let a fella know.-G

myusername
06-12-2005, 05:33 PM
The basics to straight edge are a) no drinking, b) no drugs, and c) no promiscuous sex. Basically people who choose not to do those things can be considered straight edge (but not always). There are a lot of teens, since a lot of people break edge when they hit 21. As far as superiority or separation... not really. Not specifically because we're straight edge. Sure, there's some people who think they're superior because they're edge, but generally speaking no. I'm not even cool. Depending on where you live, the straight-edge community could vary. Where I live, no one's even heard of striaght edge.
Hope that helps

xGriffox
06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
The basics to straight edge are a) no drinking, b) no drugs, and c) no promiscuous sex. Basically people who choose not to do those things can be considered straight edge (but not always). There are a lot of teens, since a lot of people break edge when they hit 21. As far as superiority or separation... not really. Not specifically because we're straight edge. Sure, there's some people who think they're superior because they're edge, but generally speaking no. I'm not even cool. Depending on where you live, the straight-edge community could vary. Where I live, no one's even heard of striaght edge.
Hope that helps

the whole sex issue varies by the person you ask. and you also must be involved in the hardcore scene in some way.

xsecx
06-12-2005, 06:44 PM
How you all doing? I just came across some of these straight edge sights after reviewing an album from Earth Crisis on Amazon (I'm sorry, but I hated the bands music), and I am wondering what are the hard lines of the straight edge movement? I know that not all of those involved in the movement take such a militant approach as the youngsters in Salt Lake City, but what are the motives and definitions of this lifestyle? Are you all teens? Is there a view of superiority or separation? What is the lifestyles support community like? Let a fella know.-G

www.straightedge.com/whatissxe.html