PDA

View Full Version : New Policy

xsecx
06-08-2005, 12:17 PM
anyone with any mention of killing themselves, suicide, razor blades, etc etc etc, will be deleted and forced to come up with a new name.

Lush
06-08-2005, 12:18 PM
i like.

linsee
06-08-2005, 12:20 PM
good.

SgtD
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
hahahaha! finally!

Xx-Ky-xX
06-08-2005, 03:21 PM
how did this come about?

Aleiav
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Aren't you required by law to inform the police where they live if they threaten to hurt themselves and/or others?

Notoday
06-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Aren't you required by law to inform the police where they live if they threaten to hurt themselves and/or others?

No. That's completely impossible. The shear volume of kids making threats every day, about damaging themselves and/or others, online, would swamp the emergency services. It's a matter of discretion. Dusty is busy... we all are... I think if someone is really depressed, it'd be better for them to communicate that instead of making threats.

xsecx
06-09-2005, 08:49 AM

what law?

xxAdriannaxx
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
uhh..what if your name is a song? ..ok no big deal to me really. can someone tell me how to change it?

xsecx
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
uhh..what if your name is a song? ..ok no big deal to me really. can someone tell me how to change it?

doesn't matter. pm me what you want you name to be changed to. I'm not down with people using depression as a fashion accessory.

coldfrenchfries
06-10-2005, 11:20 AM
It's about time.

livithezombie
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
does 'zombie' count?

xsecx
08-25-2005, 10:37 AM
does 'zombie' count?

no. unless, you did it because you're depressed and want people to think you're dead when you eat their brains?

livithezombie
08-25-2005, 10:40 AM
no not quite!

livithezombie
08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
by the way im new so can some one tell me how to start a new thread please?

SgtD
08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
let me see...
oh i got it!
click on the NEW THREAD button above!

livithezombie
08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
oh computers are aliens...... i cant see the button!

xsecx
08-25-2005, 10:52 AM

you won't see it inside a thread, it's in the forum you want to post.

XvagueprophetX
08-25-2005, 10:52 AM

go to the index page and pick a forum (general, philosophy, religion etc) then click on the "new thread" button at top left.

livithezombie
08-25-2005, 10:55 AM
thanks i shall go do it now

Lucretia_UK
10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm not down with people using depression as a fashion accessory.

Here here!

tysonly
04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
anyone with any mention of killing themselves, suicide, razor blades, etc etc etc, will be deleted and forced to come up with a new name.
thankyou!

sXe Guy!
05-08-2006, 05:27 AM

GREAT! I see the golden age for sxe.com is upon us!

xbustedx
05-08-2006, 11:48 PM
My Hero.

XBILLYX
05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
who the fuck would want to kill themselfs we are edge not emo.

sytmatt
06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
right on. there was a bored i used to post on and one of the kids blew his fuckin face off.

MentalDecapitation
06-03-2006, 02:46 PM
I wondered... is my name a problem?

xsecx
06-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I wondered... is my name a problem?

nope.

MentalDecapitation
06-03-2006, 05:28 PM
nope.

Great :D

Ash1337
09-02-2006, 08:26 PM
no. unless, you did it because you're depressed and want people to think you're dead when you eat their brains?

Hahahaha !!

SgtD
09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
let me request some modifications in the new policy. SPELL CHECK.

typo free youth!

mouseman004
09-07-2006, 03:02 PM

typo free youth!

butt taht wouldtn be ne fun!

rodrigo
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM

typo free youth!
just because you know how to write in english, doesn't mean everybody can

SgtD
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
just because you know how to write in english, doesn't mean everybody can
well, that's the point. even I have better grammar than some americans on here!

rodrigo
09-08-2006, 07:47 AM
well, that's the point. even I have better grammar than some americans on here!
yeah but i dont, and not many latin people (that are the few, i know) that might sign up do

xvunderx
09-08-2006, 08:10 AM
yeah but i dont, and not many latin people (that are the few, i know) that might sign up do

You do have better English than a lot of native speakers.

I personally am fine with mistakes, it's the people who do it on purpose I can't do with *HxCxSxE or whaterver it is I'm looking at you*

rodrigo
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM
You do have better English than a lot of native speakers.

I personally am fine with mistakes, it's the people who do it on purpose I can't do with *HxCxSxE or whaterver it is I'm looking at you*

yeah, but i didnt last year when i joined to the message board, just look at my first post and you'll see

hardcoretta
05-20-2007, 11:42 AM

neither do i.

Paracetamol
05-20-2007, 02:46 PM
neither do i.

How are you even finding these year old threads?

Paracetamol
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh don't worry; I've found the thing at the bottom of the forum page. And yeah this one's a sticky...silly me

WorkingClassSkin
06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I know this one's a bit off topic now, but what kind of Emo sissy would come into a forum just to whine about how much he/she would like to die?

OH GOD! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I NEED CONSTANT AFFECTION OR I'LL JUST DIE!! SOMEBODY HUG ME!!! Pussies.

Purchase
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
excellent! :D

Purchase
06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I know this one's a bit off topic now, but what kind of Emo sissy would come into a forum just to whine about how much he/she would like to die?

OH GOD! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I NEED CONSTANT AFFECTION OR I'LL JUST DIE!! SOMEBODY HUG ME!!! Pussies.

yeah.. i hate that.

thats why at my school we have an anti-emo army

WorkingClassSkin
06-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Fantastic! Stupid fuckers. What would make a guy wanna grow his hair over his eyes and wear his sister's jeans? I don't get it.

stepinsideissue
06-07-2007, 02:31 AM
yeah.. i hate that.

How did straight edge ever get a bad name?

BornAgainVirginDrugs
06-17-2007, 11:26 AM
doesn't matter. pm me what you want you name to be changed to. I'm not down with people using depression as a fashion accessory.

Um, since when was a name a fashion accessory? I was always under the impression a name was a symbol, and the purpose of a symbol is to make connections and trigger certain thoughts in the brain.

And maybe people are using depression as a form of expression, not fashion, because this is a "sXe" forum, not EMO.

Take my name for example, it's very vague, you can take it however you want, "BornAgainVirginDrugs."

Maybe someone with a name like "Iwanttocutmywristsanddiebecauseimsoemo" is actually using teenage angst in a comedic sense.

I'm not defending suicide because it's f**king pansy, but I am always an advocate of freedom.

It's just ultra conservative to prevent and even frown upon expression.

I'm not expecting you to understand freedom is always cooler, I was merely expressing my dismay to your discouragement of symbol freedom.

RAH RAH RAH.

M3D!C
06-17-2007, 09:16 PM
i agree

BornAgainVirginDrugs
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, what a coincidence, I planned on killing myself tonight!

xJoeyNormalx
01-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Though it's a signature, not a name, I'd just like to confirm that my signature isn't breaching this rule. I don't really see SK's quote as about suicide or depression, and that's not why I like it, but I am happy to change it.

strombollii
03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
..etc, etc.

since when is emo a label for depression? Fuck, I like Dashboard, Deathcab, and Cursive, apparently I want to kill myself now.

Seriously, I'm not the most tolerant person in the world, but you're all doing nothing but propagating this "angsty" bullshit. Emo's a fucking genre, not a label.

xolliex
04-03-2008, 03:08 PM

there's a button! its at the top of each board

Sunlightseven20
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
..etc, etc.

since when is emo a label for depression? Fuck, I like Dashboard, Deathcab, and Cursive, apparently I want to kill myself now.

Seriously, I'm not the most tolerant person in the world, but you're all doing nothing but propagating this "angsty" bullshit. Emo's a fucking genre, not a label.
Slow and introspective bands get the "depressed" wrap.

Loud and energetic bands get the "angry" one.

Crunk bands get the "ignant" wrap.

Doesn't mean they are those things... just means people tend to generalize and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Ain't society a pain in the ass?

Just-a-fool
03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
To kill yourself isnt quite a sign of being Emo,
and even if it was then it wouldn't matter because the emo would be dead.
However attempting to kill theirselves is more likely when you follow a
emo lifestyle.

But then again, i heard about a 40year old guys killing himself.
And i strongly doubt he was emo (sure he was emotional) but not a
follower of the subculture.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that the idea of wanting to kill yourself
can come to any of us. At a bad moment in life, its just the way you handle it
that will define who you are and how you stand in life.

Segadoway
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM

Fuck off.
first of all learn to spell.
second learn what emo is.
third grow up.

my god.

yeah.. i hate that.

i want to punch you in the face over the internet, just........stop.

Fantastic! Stupid fuckers. What would make a guy wanna grow his hair over his eyes and wear his sister's jeans? I don't get it.
maybe because he isnt a macho idiot like you, if he does want to do those things let him, why would anyone want to wear braces and shave their head? you fool.

..etc, etc.

i agree, but i dont think ANYONE deserves the amount of hate directed at them, even people that aren't emo are hated now.

To kill yourself isnt quite a sign of being Emo,
and even if it was then it wouldn't matter because the emo would be dead.
However attempting to kill theirselves is more likely when you follow a
emo lifestyle.

But then again, i heard about a 40year old guys killing himself.
And i strongly doubt he was emo (sure he was emotional) but not a
follower of the subculture.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that the idea of wanting to kill yourself
can come to any of us. At a bad moment in life, its just the way you handle it
that will define who you are and how you stand in life.

thank god someone here has any sense.
seriously i agree with the topic but i hate emo bashers.

xKINGx
03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
sounds like a good thing to me!

xKINGx
03-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Wait, wait. First, sorry about the double post, but how in the world did this thread develop into this at the end talking about emos?! My first reply was to the topic, not to the currnt discussion on the thread. Try to keep things on topic please.

straightXed
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Wait, wait. First, sorry about the double post, but how in the world did this thread develop into this at the end talking about emos?! My first reply was to the topic, not to the currnt discussion on the thread. Try to keep things on topic please.

As discussions do not stick rigidly to the first thing discussed the best option is to quote the post you are replying to. This then lets your post make sense to all who read it and doesn't prohibit a discussion from naturally taking a different course and ending up discussing something quite different.

Sociocidal
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Fuck off.

maybe because he isnt a macho idiot like you, if he does want to do those things let him, why would anyone want to wear braces and shave their head? you fool.

ok regardless of my own view of emos, emo culture, or emo music, i dont think shaving your head, wearing braces makes you a macho idiot... nor does being proud of your own masculinity make you an fool...

Just-a-fool
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Ey! nothing against fools pls...

Segadoway
04-09-2009, 04:46 AM
ok regardless of my own view of emos, emo culture, or emo music, i dont think shaving your head, wearing braces makes you a macho idiot... nor does being proud of your own masculinity make you an fool...

i didn't say that at all, i said you are an idiot for making fun of someone elses culture when people do the same to you.
and i think it does, did you choose to be a man? why be proud of it? what you said made you a macho idiot and i stand by that.

xsecx
04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
i didn't say that at all, i said you are an idiot for making fun of someone elses culture when people do the same to you.
and i think it does, did you choose to be a man? why be proud of it? what you said made you a macho idiot and i stand by that.

calling "emo" a culture is hilarious in itself.

Just-a-fool
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
calling "emo" a culture is hilarious in itself.

I believe that Emo is as much a culture as Straightedge is a culture.
They are both subcultures of a music genre.

xsecx
04-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I believe that Emo is as much a culture as Straightedge is a culture.
They are both subcultures of a music genre.

not really, what people call emo and "scene" kids aren't really based on anything, and the music that actually is emo, isn't listened to by people who are "emo"

Just-a-fool
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
If a big group of people believe the same thing,
act the same way, wear the same clothing style, listen to the same music.
(let it be its not the emo music that others give the name, just the SAME music)
Then what stops them from being a subculture or even a culture.
This however is my view on what makes a culture.

xsecx
04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
(let it be its not the emo music that others give the name, just the SAME music)

in the general sense it is, but in specific when talking about things like goth, punk, skinheads, straight edge, etc it doesn't make sense to compare, because it's a fashion and not a subculture. The bands that the kids listen to don't call themselves emo bands. The only thing calling themselves emo are the kids, which are distinctly different to the kids who listen to actual emo music and call themselves emo.

Just-a-fool
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The only thing calling themselves emo are the kids, which are distinctly different to the kids who listen to actual emo music and call themselves emo.
That part makes totally no sense.
But a music genre that excists as long as punk does deserve to be called a culture.
Anyway, it all depends on your own point of fiew.
Its all about perception in the end... everything in life is about perception.

xsecx
04-11-2009, 10:51 AM
That part makes totally no sense.
But a music genre that excists as long as punk does deserve to be called a culture.
Anyway, it all depends on your own point of fiew.
Its all about perception in the end... everything in life is about perception.

it does, there are 2 things that exist in parallel. there is the actual emo subculture, which isn't what you're talking about, and the fashion emo, that you are. They share a name, but they're not the same. If a bunch of kids starting shaving their heads and calling themselves skinheads, it wouldn't make them a culture.

Lifestyle_X
04-11-2009, 12:33 PM

it's not because the genre exists for as long as punk, that it's a culture. there's nothing to believe in, in emo... (or is there ? tell me plz)
it's the biggest fucking bullshit i've ever heard, those emo kids calling there style a culture; like dusty said, it's a fashion, not a culture.

btw, are you going to the Groezrock festival ?

Just-a-fool
04-12-2009, 01:57 AM
it's not because the genre exists for as long as punk, that it's a culture. there's nothing to believe in, in emo... (or is there ? tell me plz)
it's the biggest fucking bullshit i've ever heard, those emo kids calling there style a culture; like dusty said, it's a fashion, not a culture.

btw, are you going to the Groezrock festival ?

Kk, you have me there. Maybe its not a culture and i am wrong, sorry for that.
And no i'm not going :( it too expensive for me.
You are going there?

Lifestyle_X
04-12-2009, 08:09 AM
only saturday, wanna see bane and comeback kid, spend some time with the gf

x.Xmiss_SmogX.x
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
..etc, etc.

Yeah i listen to alot of different genres of music and emo is one of them, and to be honest i dont want to kill myself at all lol

I agree with the point of not allowing people to come on the board and speak about hurting themselves or someone else. It makes me so angry when i hear about kids being egged on to do stupid things on online msg boards.
Makes me wonder why someone would want to broadcast themselves like that! if they are feeling they want to die, why come online and tell everyone first! unless they dont really want to and want someone to talk them out of it. Spose alot of kids dont have many friends outside the online community.

I dont know i kinda went off a little there in my own thoughts, guess we'll never know

Just-a-fool
05-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Emo (music) is not ALL about killing yourself!
It is a way of dealing with your feelings to many people.
I hardly doubt that every person who listens emo music kills itself,
goes the other way too, people who listen other music DO kill themselves aswell.

You cant take a music style and say 'They kill themselves'
you can however say you think they are pathetic, thats an opinion and not a fact.

xsecx
05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Emo (music) is not ALL about killing yourself!
It is a way of dealing with your feelings to many people.
goes the other way too, people who listen other music DO kill themselves aswell.

You cant take a music style and say 'They kill themselves'
you can however say you think they are pathetic, thats an opinion and not a fact.

who are you talking to?

MrMcKeigue
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM

Is the "it" here referring to the individual people or the music? I'm confused.

blackrainbow
07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
emo is short for emotional.
therefore pretty much all music is 'emo' as pretty much all music expresses and/or creates some kind of emotion.

xmichaelxlilunx
07-15-2009, 03:18 AM
i love fugazi

Adam Edge hwc
07-20-2009, 08:20 PM
hahah people really say that crap on here,man what a joke.

xdaddydaycorex
08-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Dusty, you're still the funniest. Peace and Blessings to you, the wife and all the old friends still here. -Loren

xsecx
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Dusty, you're still the funniest. Peace and Blessings to you, the wife and all the old friends still here. -Loren

you would pick a post about zombies to comment on.

SgtD
08-06-2009, 03:47 PM
you would pick a post about zombies to comment on.

at least he's back!

xBOBOx
03-14-2010, 06:22 PM
O shoot well I will go get rid of my Hawthorne Heights cd...haha. If you need a morale boost listen to Acacia Strain. Vince has a very positive outlook on life. ;)

xVeganAnarchistx
08-29-2010, 01:15 AM
How did straight edge ever get a bad name?

i snorted when i read this haha. just what i was thinking and was getting worried no one would confront those comments.

xVeganAnarchistx
08-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Fuck off.
first of all learn to spell.
second learn what emo is.
third grow up.

my god.

i want to punch you in the face over the internet, just........stop.

i agree, but i dont think ANYONE deserves the amount of hate directed at them, even people that aren't emo are hated now.

thank god someone here has any sense.
seriously i agree with the topic but i hate emo bashers.

and you thanks!