PDA

View Full Version : this is probably really stupid...

myusername
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey,
Sorry if this question's incredibly stupid, I'm new here and I don't really know how things work! I'm really shy and I don't get out much, but all my buddies have started drinking and stuff. I choose not to drink or do drugs and all that, but I have no idea of where to find other people like that! Everyone in my grade drinks (a lot), so I can't find people there. Any advice?
Btw, any other canucks here?
Thanks for bearing with me!

linsee
06-08-2005, 12:53 AM
going to hardcore shows seems to be a decent way of finding other kids that share your beliefs. and im betting there's a few kids like yourself in your school, its just a matter of finding them and not overlooking some people.

bleedingmascara
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
going to hardcore shows seems to be a decent way of finding other kids that share your beliefs. and im betting there's a few kids like yourself in your school, its just a matter of finding them and not overlooking some people.

yeah. i started going to hardcore shows a few months ago, and i got invited to a party at one of them, and the screamer of one of the bands was talking to me, and i had asked about the beer situation and things, because after people get drunk im not to comfy around them. The screamer said "Oh no, if anyone comes to the house with beer we send 'em home, barely any of us drink here. We're what they call straight edge"

it was a huge relief to hear. huge