06-04-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/1592996.html

comments?

spelltheo
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
wak.

SgtD
06-05-2005, 05:50 AM
i'm glad my countrys media doesn't know about sxe.

drake_hates_you
06-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Nick got really mad and wrote a fuckin awesome response to their manager. One sec... I'm gonna try to find it... Here. She sent it to the manager of the station. I read it and I that she was right and it was awesome!

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm a proud straight edger. I'm from a little village in Michigan and it's a very laid back community. I, myself am a very laid back person and very mellow, but the article you wrote about straight edge enraged me. I have many friends who are straight edge, in fact we even have our own message board/website. Every sxe person I've met on that website has been incredibly nice to me. When I first joined, I wasn't even very nice because they were talking badly about my favorite band, but I took some more time to get to know them and they consider me part of their "family" now.
Straight-edgers can be very laid back and mellow. I'm a straight edger and I'm not "violent" or a "gang member"; I'm a human being that has never even thought about laying a hand on another person or hurting them in any way.
In your article, you made straight edgers sound horrible. You said they were "lashing out violently in gangs". Whatever. So far, every sxe person I've met has been very nice, very self-controlled, and very mild. Not once did any one of guys "terrorize" me or threaten me.
You made straight edgers sound absolutley horrible! Like they were a group of people who were out to hurt people and cause trouble! Very few times do you come across a straight edger who wants to cause trouble before you even say or do anything bad to them.
I'm not going to start going off about how angry this article made me, but I'd like to let you know, it's not going to spread the truth about sxe. I'd like to request you to talk to some straight edge kids/people and get to know them some before you go off saying bad things about them. We're not here to cause violence; we're here to prevent people from drinking, smoking, and doing drugs.
So before you talk about sxe in bad ways and show people how "violent" we are, just talk to a sxe kid. I think you'll change your mind about us.

Please get back to me as soon as you can. I'd appreciate it.
-Nichole Clary of Michigan

gatsaw
06-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Nick got really mad and wrote a fuckin awesome response to their manager. One sec... I'm gonna try to find it... Here. She sent it to the manager of the station. I read it and I that she was right and it was awesome!

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm a proud straight edger. I'm from a little village in Michigan and it's a very laid back community. I, myself am a very laid back person and very mellow, but the article you wrote about straight edge enraged me. I have many friends who are straight edge, in fact we even have our own message board/website. Every sxe person I've met on that website has been incredibly nice to me. When I first joined, I wasn't even very nice because they were talking badly about my favorite band, but I took some more time to get to know them and they consider me part of their "family" now.
Straight-edgers can be very laid back and mellow. I'm a straight edger and I'm not "violent" or a "gang member"; I'm a human being that has never even thought about laying a hand on another person or hurting them in any way.
In your article, you made straight edgers sound horrible. You said they were "lashing out violently in gangs". Whatever. So far, every sxe person I've met has been very nice, very self-controlled, and very mild. Not once did any one of guys "terrorize" me or threaten me.
You made straight edgers sound absolutley horrible! Like they were a group of people who were out to hurt people and cause trouble! Very few times do you come across a straight edger who wants to cause trouble before you even say or do anything bad to them.
I'm not going to start going off about how angry this article made me, but I'd like to let you know, it's not going to spread the truth about sxe. I'd like to request you to talk to some straight edge kids/people and get to know them some before you go off saying bad things about them. We're not here to cause violence; we're here to prevent people from drinking, smoking, and doing drugs.
So before you talk about sxe in bad ways and show people how "violent" we are, just talk to a sxe kid. I think you'll change your mind about us.

Please get back to me as soon as you can. I'd appreciate it.
-Nichole Clary of Michigan
yeah i liked it too, thought it was really good.

Xx-Ky-xX
06-05-2005, 08:40 PM

comments?
Sigh yes cause there are so many of us in our schools beating up kids who smoke.....right ummm more the other way around.

And for what they said aobut dark clothing and hair...well that fitz me but i know of other people that arent all in dark clothing

bladinfreakXXX
06-06-2005, 10:24 PM

comments?

That is fucking bullshit, how can they be allowed to go on air and bash a certain group of people? someone needs to fucking show them what straightedge is really about.

xgregx
06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
That is fucking bullshit, how can they be allowed to go on air and bash a certain group of people? someone needs to fucking show them what straightedge is really about.

our entire society does that.

do you think using force is a smart idea?

AK-47
06-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Its Shtty But... I Think Violence Is Good For Who Are Selling And Making Drugs...evrebody Else...if You Kick Ass Of Some Drunk Men It Wont Be Good Either For You And Him He Wont Stop And Junkie Wont Stop To Take Drugs Too...and If Somebody Want To Turn All This In A Violence He Is Just Stupid...
Its Better To Kick Ass Of A People Who Is Just Like This...
________
clear trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

straightXed
06-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Its Shtty But... I Think Violence Is Good For Who Are Selling And Making Drugs...evrebody Else...if You Kick Ass Of Some Drunk Men It Wont Be Good Either For You And Him He Wont Stop And Junkie Wont Stop To Take Drugs Too...and If Somebody Want To Turn All This In A Violence He Is Just Stupid...
Its Better To Kick Ass Of A People Who Is Just Like This...

Its hard to understand your post. But are you saying you support vigilante type violence against people who sell drugs?

AK-47
06-11-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah if it will be no drugs all junkies gonna die or stop taking drugs=) i wonder if it will be like this...
but yes i support this
yeah sorry for my english...
________
juggalos (http://juggalos.org)

straightXed
06-11-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah if it will be no drugs all junkies gonna die or stop taking drugs=) i wonder if it will be like this...
but yes i support this
yeah sorry for my english...

does that include all drugs, including alcohol and tobaco?

AK-47
06-11-2005, 05:40 PM
no... against 2last we can do nothing...now. just to make a boycot to some alcohol making company it wont help...but can you kick asses of some drug sellers in your hood?yes you can!maybe it will make some problems to you but your joice...or you or you not...as for me i never did this because iam not in me country...it may be alot of problems...just because iam alone here now...and at home in ukraine we gonna kick asses with me friends...=)
________
oxygen vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

straightXed
06-11-2005, 05:57 PM
no... against 2last we can do nothing...now. just to make a boycot to some alcohol making company it wont help...but can you kick asses of some drug sellers in your hood?yes you can!maybe it will make some problems to you but your joice...or you or you not...as for me i never did this because iam not in me country...it may be alot of problems...just because iam alone here now...and at home in ukraine we gonna kick asses with me friends...=)

I really hope you realise that you enforce the bad media spoken about in this thread with your attitude. Its, in my opinion, exactly the type of attitude that straightedge can do without.

I also don't see why you can't follow your beliefs of kicking ass through with tobaco and alcohol suppliers.

AK-47
06-11-2005, 06:23 PM
the future will show what it gonna be...i dont like just sit and talk around like this...if we can do this all i'll be very happy)
________
Buell RR1200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Buell_RR1200)

straightXed
06-12-2005, 02:10 AM
the future will show what it gonna be...i dont like just sit and talk around like this...if we can do this all i'll be very happy)Except the results of this type of attitude have already shown to be negative.

AK-47
06-14-2005, 02:47 PM
yeah...somebody show them to us like this...but if i will bilieve tv (or some shit like this) i wont bilieve in myself...tv newspaper ?do you bilieve in this?i dont.the same with politics.
________
Aprilia SXV550 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_SXV550)

straightXed
06-14-2005, 03:44 PM
yeah...somebody show them to us like this...but if i will bilieve tv (or some shit like this) i wont bilieve in myself...tv newspaper ?do you bilieve in this?i dont.the same with politics.

It doesn't matter if you believe it, its what is portrayed to the masses. Straight edge is not about killing people, if it was then why after 20 plus years are there such a small amount of negative incidents. The thing is those incidents have helped paint a largly negative picture to the masses of what straightedge is about, most will now simply associate it with gang violence and strange moral vigilantism. If you imagine people actively going round with the intent of killing drug dealers, you will not solve a drug issue you will just create a tonne of problems for a postive scene for people who don't want to do drugs and want to have something of their own.

I mean if you thing killing anyone who sells drugs, alcohol or tobaco deserves to die then go ahead and practice what you preach, but don't do it in the name of straightedge and don't kid yourself into thinking you are doing anyone any favours. Just remember to be consistent and kill the people who work in pubs and sell tobaco over the counter. Because with a complete disregard for any laws there should be nothing stopping you killing any of them. Personally i hope you get stabbed in the face if you were to do it because its a completely ridiculous notion.

AK-47
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
HEY? where i was saying that i will kill anybody?!...its first.
i didnt say nothing special about tobaco or alcohol isnt it?
you saying me now like i alredy kill somebody!hell...
if i want to clean up my hood from people who in soon time will sell drugs to my little brother?!thay did like this not so long ago with some little boy they just give him a pil and said its a candy! this little kid was in first or second form...and i dont know what happend with him latter but he was in coma!i wont close my eyes on shit like this!i wont say anybody that this is a straight edge action!i just will say that this is a cleaning of the hood!
better think more before judge somebody!
________
Scarabeo 500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_Scarabeo_500)

xsecx
06-14-2005, 04:15 PM
if i want to clean up my hood from people who in soon time will sell drugs to my little brother?!thay did like this not so long ago with some little boy they just give him a pil and said its a candy! this little kid was in first or second form...and i dont know what happend with him latter but he was in coma!i wont close my eyes on shit like this!i wont say anybody that this is a straight edge action!i just will say that this is a cleaning of the hood!

except that it isn't your place "clean up your hood" with violence against drug dealers and all you'll most likely do is cause an escalation of violence and not actually solve anything.

AK-47
06-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah In Some Way You Are Right...
But What Can You Advise?
________
no2 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizers.com)

xsecx
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah In Some Way You Are Right...
But What Can You Advise?

volunteer with kids so that they see a role model who lives without drugs. If you want to get rid of drug use, you have to get rid of the desire for people to do them.

straightXed
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM

Well where do you think your attitude leads, i mean you think its gonna stop with a bit of a beating? No that will only esculate towards revenge attacks and up the ante until you get killings. Have the forsight to see how this would play out.

Well you did say you wouldn't be able to use the violence you used on other drug dealers, why is that? I mean the laws are obviously not something you hold in any regard, you are happy to administer your own justice so why not to people who sell alcohol and tobaco. I mean its just "cleaning up the hood after all. Just saying, if you are gonna start beating on one type why not beat on them all?

Well why wouldn't you kill them? its just cleaning up the hood right? Or is killing them out of the question, if so why?

Look i don't care how many drug dealers you beat up, but your posts are in reference to a peice of media depicting straightedge in the media. Youve spoke about getting in groups with your friends and going out kicking ass, if you seriously can't see where that shit leads then theres nothing i can say. Your earlier posts held a delusional notion that if there were no drugs then they'd be no junkies - this would not be the result of you beating up on some dealer.

Are you saying you don't affiliate with straightedge now? If so go ahead, i still think your attitude towards vigilante tactics needs some analysis from yourself but my point was in reference to straightedge in the media - i mentioned you reenforcing negative slants on straightedge before but you didn't see it worth saying you weren't doing this action in the name of straightedge at that point. So it seemed that you were actively advocating violence as part of straightedge.

I have judged only on the information of yourself you have put forward, perhaps you should present yourself in the light you are happy to be judged if you are unhappy with my judgement of you. You put forward all kinds of violent tendancies and vigalante type notions whilst talking about straightedge in the media. I mean i talked about killing because if your gonna clean your hood up you should do it right, you'll take a fall either way.

AK-47
06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
FIRSTLY I SAID JUST ABOUT DRUGS ONLY ABOUT THEM ONLY ABOUT DEALERS
I DIDNT SAY ABOUT OTHERS OR NO ? AND YOU ARE WANT TO TURN MY POINT FROM THE LEGS ON THE HED!
IF YOU ARE SO TAKE CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY WHEN THAY HEAR ON TV WHAT SxE IS...AND IT WILL SHOWN LIKE JUST A VIOLENCE.DONT YOU WORRY SO MUCH
NOBODY WILL KNEW WHAT IT WAS...
AND BY THE WAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST TALK TALK AND DO NOTHING?! SO IF YOU HAVE LITTLE BROTHER...IF SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG WITH HIM OR IF IT COULD BE LIKE I WROTE UP THERE...WHAT DO YOU DO?JUST TALK TALK AND DO NOTHING OR WHAT?IF POLICE CANT AWARE MY BROTHER FROM DRUGS I WILL DO THIS BY MYSELF!
YEAH MAYBE VIOLENCE IS NOT A SOLUTION BUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?
WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND IN MY TOWN START THIS ALL SHIT WITH THE DRUGS IT WAS A LITTLE WARS...PEOPLE WANTED TO PUT DRUGS OUT OF TOWN...BUT POLICE DIDNT GIVE THEM TO DO THIS...AND THEY STILL DIDNT DO ANYTHING WITH DRUGSDEALERS AND JUNKIES...
MAYBE IT WILL BE ANOTHER LITTLE WAR BUT MY FLAG WONT BE A "SxE"...IT WILL GO JUST CAUSE I WANT AWARE ALL LITTLE KIDS AT LEAST TRY!EVEN IF IT WONT HELP...MAYBE POLICE WILL WAKE UP...
________
drug testing (http://drugtestingkit.org)

straightXed
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
FIRSTLY I SAID JUST ABOUT DRUGS ONLY ABOUT THEM ONLY ABOUT DEALERS
I DIDNT SAY ABOUT OTHERS OR NO ?

I don't know what this is meant to say, its not but i really don't think you are getting the point of my posts. You are however typing in caps lock, are you angry?

AND YOU ARE WANT TO TURN MY POINT FROM THE LEGS ON THE HED! I've made my point and have only illustrated the pitfuls of vigilante type behaviour, i don't think your point really has any legs in the first place.

IF YOU ARE SO TAKE CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY WHEN THAY HEAR ON TV WHAT SxE IS...AND IT WILL SHOWN LIKE JUST A VIOLENCE.DONT YOU WORRY SO MUCH
NOBODY WILL KNEW WHAT IT WAS...

The point is people will concentrate a lot more on negative aspects, and if people can attribute a lot of gang like action to straightedge then it will bring ramifications to a positive scene that has been built up over the past 20 years. With a huge media stigma attached a lot of places will be less likely to allow straightedge shows to be put on. This positive scene has grown in numbers and become worldwide over the 20 years, i'm happy to keep it all underground and out of the media eye, as its proven it can grow healthily without mass media. Unfortunately i still am unsure as to what you have typed but people will crack down on anything that promotes and advocates illegal action and its all to easy to make straightedge a target for people. It sounds like you don't really care but when everyone has decided that straightedge is just a ruse for some type of neo fascism then its a stigma thats very hard to lift. So in order to avoid negative stigma i feel that attributing vigalante justice is something that should clearly be dissasociated with straightedge.

AND BY THE WAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST TALK TALK AND DO NOTHING?!

Actually talking and discussing straightedge isn't nothing, a lot of people visit this site as a resource for information on straightedge, if no one was here talking about it where would people go for accurate information on straightedge? The media will just tall them its a gang based on violence. Thats something i think this site avoids, we don't say go kill your drug dealer but people here to profess all the positive aspects of of straightedge and its scene. We don't sit here trying to sound tough and telling people to kill people (and certain sites openly say you should). So you see it as nothing but you are here talking, just by being a part of hardcore and straightedge i am part of positive change, i actively support this but i feel that violence isn't a soloution which you have openly concured to. If you think that being a part of straight edge is nothing unless you are taking action against dealers then you should really look at from a new angle, perhaps with the caps lock off, you may see clearer.

SO IF YOU HAVE LITTLE BROTHER...IF SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG WITH HIM OR IF IT COULD BE LIKE I WROTE UP THERE...WHAT DO YOU DO?

An individual situation like that cannot justifyably be the basis for what you proposed earlier, if he told him it was candy then it sucks, perhaps i would do something but i would not use gang violence or attribute the same reaction to all dealers. But an increased awareness of drugs in your brother or your hood would go just as far if not further than gang violence. This gang violence would only serve to diminish the popularity of things like straightedge shows, so where do people then go to fit in when they want nothing to do with drugs? Theres a larger picture to look at and creating a positive scene or active interests for people who don't want to get involved in drugs outweighs anything you may achieve in the course of gang violence. I know i wouldn't want to be a part of a gang but i do want to be a part of something free from drugs, it just so happens for me it was hardcore and straightedge. All i am saying is if your thing is gang beating drug dealers fine, but its not what straightedge is about.

JUST TALK TALK AND DO NOTHING OR WHAT?IF POLICE CANT AWARE MY BROTHER FROM DRUGS I WILL DO THIS BY MYSELF!

See this is the angle you have taken, but you are still applying this to an individual issue here as opposed to the large scale blanket covering of all drug dealers you spoke of earlier. Also this is a personal reaction after one particular incident, it doesn't actually change the course of what has happened it just satisfys your anger at the situation. But talking and awareness is there before the situation and actively stops the situation arising, i'm not saying its all that is needed to stop problems with drugs but you belittle a different approach and it has merits if you are prepared to see them. If your brother was intent on using drugs how does you beating up his dealer stop him going elsewhere or being more secretive about his drug use to avoid this reaction of yours? If he wants to do drugs as opposed to being tricked into doing them then your reaction ceases to be a valid way to stop him doing them unless you really are going to clean up the hood properly by completely ridding it of all drug dealers and suppliers.

YEAH MAYBE VIOLENCE IS NOT A SOLUTION BUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

So if its not a soloution why are you intent on it? Why not look for a soloution?

WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND IN MY TOWN START THIS ALL SHIT WITH THE DRUGS IT WAS A LITTLE WARS...PEOPLE WANTED TO PUT DRUGS OUT OF TOWN...BUT POLICE DIDNT GIVE THEM TO DO THIS...AND THEY STILL DIDNT DO ANYTHING WITH DRUGSDEALERS AND JUNKIES...
MAYBE IT WILL BE ANOTHER LITTLE WAR BUT MY FLAG WONT BE A "SxE"...IT WILL GO JUST CAUSE I WANT AWARE ALL LITTLE KIDS AT LEAST TRY!EVEN IF IT WONT HELP...MAYBE POLICE WILL WAKE UP...

Well there are other ways is all i'm saying, you just said violence wasn't a soloution yourself, try working with the police a community project - similar things happen here and they can be effective. Its better then ending up in a cell for trying to do the right thing. I'm sure the police are aware of drug problems but a gang war isn't going to make those problems any easier to deal with.

bladinfreakXXX
07-09-2005, 11:41 PM
our entire society does that.

do you think using force is a smart idea?

I wasn't saying to show them them by using violence. What I meant was that someone should go tell, or show them what we're about.

xgregx
07-09-2005, 11:54 PM
I wasn't saying to show them them by using violence. What I meant was that someone should go tell, or show them what we're about.

do you think anyone would listen man?

there is very little that we can do. The media already has a very negative image of the straight edge lifestyle. Do you think if a couple of us walked up to them and said, "hi, we are straight edge and we aren't violent," it would change their mind? The media doesn't want any positive thing to come out of this. they are not going to go on the air and state, "although straightedge has a bad reputation, there are a few that do not resort to violence." it doesn't sell man.

XuntaintdbloodX
07-11-2005, 12:44 PM

comments?

thats pretty much the most bogus thing i have read in a long time i dont read often but i'm sure it would still be tops on my list, no sxe shirts how would life go on? stupid fashion core kids ruining for the rest of us stop being in your fucked up crew... i feel the urge to quote slapshot on this one

" fuck you and you entire fucked up crew... die die die mother fucker go fuck yourself cock sucker oh that song always give me a laugh whether its the last one or not

XuntaintdbloodX
07-11-2005, 01:01 PM
this is to straightxed

as i was reading many of your posts i began to wonder... then i looked and it is true you are from the UK i knew it when you combine your "ou's" its a little weird for me reading it the word color can do with out the "our" am i right? less you have to type Killing a drug dealer is just telling the drug "kingpin" that he has to find another drug dealer nothing will change through violence, education does help however like sec said help to educate little kids if you care like that.

O_o
07-11-2005, 03:01 PM
... i feel the urge to quote slapshot on this one

" fuck you and you entire fucked up crew... die die die mother fucker go fuck yourself cock sucker oh that song always give me a laugh whether its the last one or not
how about this slapshot quote:
"Hit all the right shows and follow right bands - Stupid fucking kids
Wear the right shirts wear the "X" on your hands - Stupid fucking kids"

XuntaintdbloodX
07-11-2005, 03:21 PM
how about this slapshot quote:
"Hit all the right shows and follow right bands - Stupid fucking kids
Wear the right shirts wear the "X" on your hands - Stupid fucking kids"

that has nothing to do with the topic but whatever i like mine better plus it goes along with the topic, i hate violent crews they're mean, and ruin the scene, plus my quote is better

SgtD
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
that has nothing to do with the topic but whatever i like mine better plus it goes along with the topic, i hate violent crews they're mean, and ruin the scene, plus my quote is better
the song you quoted is about Hoya and DMS crew...not about gangs on the topic.

XuntaintdbloodX
07-13-2005, 01:38 PM
the song you quoted is about Hoya and DMS crew...not about gangs on the topic.

who cares i was just saying it was about a crew sorry i wasnt there...

xYourDoomXAwait
07-26-2005, 05:57 PM
well what they say is true- the hardcore hardliners are making everyone else look bad, i'm a non-violent edgers and i don't agree with beating people and it needs to be stopped.

XvagueprophetX
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
well what they say is true- the hardcore hardliners are making everyone else look bad.

don't take it out on the hardliners...

your problem is with militants. there is a distinction.

straightXed
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
don't take it out on the hardliners...

your problem is with militants. there is a distinction.

yeah, hardline has disipated to nothing.