PDA

View Full Version : i need help/advise!!!

overXcomemyfear
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM
im 20 and hardcore is everything to me.

itell people how doing drugs and drinking is bad and i talk about sXe and how amazing it is
but the only thing is i smoke cigarrets

i want to be edge so bad. but for me. not to be a part of a scene or a crew or to lable myself but for my own well being. but no matter how hard i try i cant quit smoking. can someone please give me advise on what i shold do? real advise. not people down talking me because i smoke i need real help. please. it means so much to me

thanx<3

xGriffox
06-01-2005, 07:11 PM
if it means that much to you, you should be able to stop smoking.

XcaitieXchaos
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks for telling people about edge, that's really human of you.

My father quit smokeing useing the "OJ" method.
He told me "If Oj can convince himself he didn't kill his wife, I can convince my self I don't need a cigarette." So he got rid of all his cigarettes except one, so he wouldn't go out and buy more. Then he convinced himself for every craveing he had that he didn't want a cigarette. When he craved a cigarette, he told himself that that wasn't what he wasn't and said to himself that he was just bloated or somthing. I guess the OJ method must of worked because he's been smoke free for 2 years.

It's a pretty cool method to try for anything, by the way. I used it to make me more active. I convinced myself that I like to exersize.

But if you don't wanna do that, how about a patch or somthing?

xvunderx
06-02-2005, 06:42 AM
I'm affraid I don't have a great deal of advice for you, breaking addiction is hard if you really want to, you'll succeed. it might take a while, and you might fall a couple of times, but you'll get there.

The good news is! Since your still young, theres a good chance the damge will be reversed in time!! The bad news, my dad quit smoking over 10 years ago and still get cravings from time to time.

XTILLDEATHX
06-02-2005, 09:19 AM
dude, just keep edge in ur mind and if u want it bad enough, u can do anything. sounds cliche' but u know what... it is true.. keep up the work and ull succeed

overXcomemyfear
06-02-2005, 05:41 PM
THanx! ill try that!!!! I knew that all i had to do was post on here and show people that i am serious about it and i would get advise... thank you so much....ill tell people about edge forever. its one of the most positve pure things out there.... and i hope to be able to make all of u proud.

xsecx
06-03-2005, 08:54 AM
dude, just keep edge in ur mind and if u want it bad enough, u can do anything. sounds cliche' but u know what... it is true.. keep up the work and ull succeed

have you ever overcome an addiction to anything?

XTILLDEATHX
06-03-2005, 07:34 PM
have you ever overcome an addiction to anything?

luckily i havent...

xgregx
06-03-2005, 10:20 PM
advice

xsecx
06-04-2005, 12:30 AM
luckily i havent...

then maybe you're not really in a position to talk about them.

XTILLDEATHX
06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
then maybe you're not really in a position to talk about them.

or maybe i am because i have watched and helped my parents get over a smoking addiction and drinking addiction

xsecx
06-05-2005, 08:42 AM
or maybe i am because i have watched and helped my parents get over a smoking addiction and drinking addiction

yeah. no one "gets over" an addiction. They learn with ways to cope with it. Like I said, maybe you're not in any position to actually talk about it, since I don't think you really grasp or understand what addiction actually is or means.

XprennaX
06-05-2005, 03:12 PM
im 20 and hardcore is everything to me.

itell people how doing drugs and drinking is bad and i talk about sXe and how amazing it is
but the only thing is i smoke cigarrets

i want to be edge so bad. but for me. not to be a part of a scene or a crew or to lable myself but for my own well being. but no matter how hard i try i cant quit smoking. can someone please give me advise on what i shold do? real advise. not people down talking me because i smoke i need real help. please. it means so much to me

thanx<3

Here's a few things that worked for me during the time I gave up smoking:

1) Carrot sticks. Every time you get a craving eat a carrot stick. It has the oral aspect to tackle part of the psychological part and it is healthy.

2) Sunflower seeds are supposed to inhibit the neurochemical in the brain that triggers cravings for cigarettes. Not completely but it helps. It also gives you something to fill the oral bait gap.

3) Everytime you get a craving do 10 pressups or 10 squat thrusts. You should get a little bit of an exercise high and you'll get in better shape while you do it.

Anyway, that's my advice. Good luck with it.

XTILLDEATHX
06-05-2005, 09:19 PM
yeah. no one "gets over" an addiction. They learn with ways to cope with it. Like I said, maybe you're not in any position to actually talk about it, since I don't think you really grasp or understand what addiction actually is or means.

i simply gave him advise that i hope sumhow helped. it worked for both of my family members and it might work for him... they wanted to quit bad enough... they did