PDA

View Full Version : hahaha whuts wrong with rap music??

HologramBikini
09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
pls tell me whut is sooo swrong with rap music?
huh?
i tell u somethin... tupac... rappin about a 12 yr old havin a baby....... a drug dealer gettin killed.........a hoe dyino aids cos she fucked everybody........surely thats straight edge.. if u can get passed hennessy and cristal........

..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

xsecx
09-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by HologramBikini
huh?
i tell u somethin... tupac... rappin about a 12 yr old havin a baby....... a drug dealer gettin killed.........a hoe dyino aids cos she fucked everybody........surely thats straight edge.. if u can get passed hennessy and cristal........

there are people that are drug free and rap.
and tupac is dead, let the man rest.

flame_still_burns
09-09-2003, 06:43 PM
huh?

holy shit. if i had to read much more than a few sentences of your abbreviated shorthand writing style i'd have to floss with a service revolver. u no whut eye mean?

xsecx
09-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
holy shit. if i had to read much more than a few sentences of your abbreviated shorthand writing style i'd have to floss with a service revolver. u no whut eye mean?

don't you miss being a teenager?

linsee
09-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by xsecx

i type the same way i did as a teenager

straightXed
09-10-2003, 04:46 AM
I like rap music, i'm not big on tupac at all though. So i don't think there is anything wrong with rap music, it certainly seems to me that hip hop culture and hardcore culture are different.

xsevenstitchesx
10-01-2003, 01:14 AM
i like a lot of rap music, but i felt tupac's contributions were generally boring. i won't deny that his lyrical prowess, but the music continues to bore me. sorry. i guess i'm not down enough, or whatever.

ihatepopmusic
10-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Meh, some rap is alright.

ihatepopmusic
10-24-2003, 06:01 PM

and I'm a teenager and I don't type like that.

Baby Doll
11-06-2003, 10:20 AM
the thing i hate about rap music is : all those guys with a lot of "ice"... singing...no...not singing..talking about "dough", fucking bitches and how big motherfuckers they r...

ermmm.... i hate that...

Sean The Red
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Baby Doll
the thing i hate about rap music is : all those guys with a lot of "ice"... singing...no...not singing..talking about "dough", fucking bitches and how big motherfuckers they r...

ermmm.... i hate that...
eh, sometimes they talk about somebody else and the forementioned...

Baby Doll
11-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Sean The Red
eh, sometimes they talk about somebody else and the forementioned...

yeah... SOMETIMES!

resistancecrime
11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
I like rap music, i'm not big on tupac at all though. So i don't think there is anything wrong with rap music, it certainly seems to me that hip hop culture and hardcore culture are different.
What? He's like the all time best mainstream rapper of all time. I mean half of his shit sucks, mostly his songs with R&B and those dance songs. Tupac has probably been the most influential mainstream rapper. But on the subject of todays rap, it sucks. It's a recycled formula that was never good to beging with. It's obviously a trend to make money. Most lyrics are generally the same with just a different face behind it. Underground hip-hop, for the most part, is a different story. ONE.

XprennaX
11-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Dead Prez is where it's at.

SgtD
11-26-2003, 05:13 AM
as for me i can't stand rap.
It's destroying our scene...

straightXed
11-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by SgtD

what the hardcore scene?

xsecx
11-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by SgtD

I can't even begin to imagine what hungarian hip hop would sound like/be like, since it seems to be so purely american.

how is it destroying your scene?

SgtD
11-27-2003, 01:50 AM
hungarian hip-hop is defined "how to copy tupac, eminem and the other famous american rappers" . It really sucks ass.there are underground rappers though, but their music is so simple, it hurts.

Yeah, it destroys hc scene, cos it almost like vacuums the guys from the hc to the hip-hop shit. i can't define it properly, but it really does have a wrong effect on the scene sadly.

xHOWIEX
12-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by linsee
i type the same way i did as a teenager

im a teenager now (16) and i type normally. i hate when other kids try and talkt to me when the just drop all the vowells out of the words

xHOWIEX
12-12-2003, 02:10 PM
hardcore is just so beautifully passionate and human. whereas hip hop and rap seems so mathematical and repetetive.

straightXed
12-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by xHOWIEX
hardcore is just so beautifully passionate and human. whereas hip hop and rap seems so mathematical and repetetive.

Thats perspective for you, we all see it different but step back and see just how repetetive hardcore is, you only notice that about hip hop because it doesn't grab you like hardcore does but for others they will feel that hip hop is the beautifully passionate and human. Hardcore and hip hop are both full of fresh and innovative ideas to me, i love it all, and this week has been a very hip hop week for me. And i have to ask, what is wrong with mathematical?

xHOWIEX
12-13-2003, 06:05 AM
i guess, but metalcore is the most varied and inventive kind of music ive ever hered, but hardcore has the agression that i love...

like i said in a different thread, i can listen to a lot of different music, but hip hop and rap just doesnt excite me at al.

xsecx
12-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by xHOWIEX
i guess, but metalcore is the most varied and inventive kind of music ive ever hered, but hardcore has the agression that i love...

like i said in a different thread, i can listen to a lot of different music, but hip hop and rap just doesnt excite me at al.

yeah, but it's like everything else. it has a commercial and an underground element. the commerical for the most part sucks ass, where a lot of the underground stuff is amazing.

XfistX
12-21-2003, 01:01 PM
huh?

ya see, if musics good or bad is an opinion and an opinion is not a fact. personally i despise rap, hip hop, r&b, pop, etc. but that doesnt mean its a fact that it sucks.

Chance301
12-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Sage Francis puts more passion into one word of every song, then most hardcore bands ever have in their whole career. Half the reason most people dont like hip hop is because they havent heard it, or dont understand it

Nikon
01-01-2004, 01:22 AM
I haven't read all the replys to this because I am packing for CO but the first thing that came to mind when I read the title was "everything" - hehe. Sorry - I hate rap with a passion

xsecx
01-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Nikon
I haven't read all the replys to this because I am packing for CO but the first thing that came to mind when I read the title was "everything" - hehe. Sorry - I hate rap with a passion

how can you hate an entire genre?

Captain Morgan
01-08-2004, 12:49 AM
how can you hate an entire genre?

Aye. I can't really see hating an entire genre.
A lot of popular rap is bad, arr. Bustin a cap in someone's arse an' all that. Unoriginal, copy and pasted nonsense set to samples of popular music, so it be. Thar be good stuff tho too. I've always liked RUN DMC. Arr.

xsecx
01-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Captain Morgan
Aye. I can't really see hating an entire genre.
A lot of popular rap is bad, arr. Bustin a cap in someone's arse an' all that. Unoriginal, copy and pasted nonsense set to samples of popular music, so it be. Thar be good stuff tho too. I've always liked RUN DMC. Arr.

you're the kind of pirates there are none higher, sucker mc's all call your sire?

Captain Morgan
01-08-2004, 05:41 PM
you're the kind of pirates there are none higher, sucker mc's all call your sire?

King of Rock
Or I suppose since it's altered we could call it King of Pirates
arr.