PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about being edge

RazorBladeFalls
05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't cuss, but I eat meat, and am not a vegan. Are most straight edge people vegans or is there anyone on here that's edge and eats meat?

xsecx
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't cuss, but I eat meat, and am not a vegan. Are most straight edge people vegans or is there anyone on here that's edge and eats meat?

being vegan has nothing to do with being straight edge. neither does cussing for that matter.

Dummy
05-11-2005, 09:56 PM
vegan and straightedge are two seperate things, they can co exist but aren't related. and swearing has nothing to do with straightedge either. fuck fuck fuck

xsecx
05-11-2005, 09:57 PM
vegan and straightedge are two seperate things, they can co exist but aren't related. and swearing has nothing to do with straightedge either. fuck fuck fuck

too slow jack.

Dummy
i think we posted that at almost the exact same time

Dummy
my paragraph was longer

xsecx
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
my paragraph was longer

and said the same thing mine did. economy of words. I win!

Dummy
05-11-2005, 10:15 PM
and said the same thing mine did. economy of words. I win!

profanity!
you = Rated G

xsecx
05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
profanity!
you = Rated G

you'd have a point if you had said something that actually included profanity rather than using it at the end and slowing yourself down.

Dummy
05-11-2005, 11:22 PM
i must admit my profanity was pointless, but then again isn't all profanity? Besides, im sure most of us have gotten to be pretty fast typers of the the word "fuck"

xsecx
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
i must admit my profanity was pointless, but then again isn't all profanity? Besides, im sure most of us have gotten to be pretty fast typers of the the word "fuck"

your use of it was pointless, but I certainly wouldn't say that all profanity is pointless. it's a very easy and concise way of expressing extreme negative feelings on a subject.

Dummy
05-11-2005, 11:37 PM
i think its so over used most people are numb to it
if i were to call you a fucker, im sure you wouldn't really give much of a shit.

xsecx
05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
i think its so over used most people are numb to it
if i were to call you a fucker, im sure you wouldn't really give much of a shit.

depends on the tone and the context. if you're pissed off and shouting fucker, it's a pretty effective way to get your point across.

Dummy
05-12-2005, 12:20 AM
but on the internet it means nothing

xsecx
05-12-2005, 12:49 AM
but on the internet it means nothing

context and tone can both be conveyed via writing.

xstepaheadx
05-20-2005, 12:38 AM
yeah I dont think you can be more edge than someone but I dont think anyone should be thinking there better than someone becuase they dont eat meet its like being straight edge you shouldnt think your better than otehr people becuase you dont put poison in your body its just one of those things that if vegan is right for you than go vegan if you like the taste of meet and dont mind animals being hurt so that you can eat then eat meat

xsecx
05-20-2005, 08:42 AM
yeah I dont think you can be more edge than someone but I dont think anyone should be thinking there better than someone becuase they dont eat meet its like being straight edge you shouldnt think your better than otehr people becuase you dont put poison in your body its just one of those things that if vegan is right for you than go vegan if you like the taste of meet and dont mind animals being hurt so that you can eat then eat meat

seriously dude. learn how to punctuate.

XcaitieXchaos
06-01-2005, 11:43 PM
by not cussing, I think they mean that they're just trying to be a better human being. Which is what edge means to some people.

I eat meat, don't worry. I used to be a vegetarian, but I got anemic and had to go the hospital. So I make up for it by volunteering at a vegan animal sanctuary.

XTILLDEATHX
06-02-2005, 09:51 AM
i love meat

straightXed
06-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I eat meat, don't worry. I used to be a vegetarian, but I got anemic and had to go the hospital. So I make up for it by volunteering at a vegan animal sanctuary.
Is this a place where vegan animals live? Do yopu really believe that makes up for you eating meat?

xdaddydaycorex
06-02-2005, 07:59 PM
yeah, that would be like a rapist working as a volunteer on a rape crisis line because they thought it was " the least i can do ."

XcaitieXchaos
06-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Yes, the animals consume no animal products. If you want to see the website, it's www.homeatlastanimals.org (wait, am I allowed to do that?)

No, I guess it dosn't make up for that. But I like to tell myself that it does. I tried to be vegan, I really did. S give me some credit. But it is pretty silly, right? Kinda like sin-eating your own sins.

straightXed
06-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Yes, the animals consume no animal products. If you want to see the website, it's www.homeatlastanimals.org (wait, am I allowed to do that?)

No, I guess it dosn't make up for that. But I like to tell myself that it does. I tried to be vegan, I really did. S give me some credit. But it is pretty silly, right? Kinda like sin-eating your own sins.

Its not very vegan to change and manipulate a cats natural diet.

xvunderx
06-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Its not very vegan to change and manipulate a cats natural diet.

I always think that.

XcaitieXchaos
06-04-2005, 11:12 AM
what the hell? I mean, what is very vegan? Are we just a bunch of vegan posers? Are you like the vegan god or somthing? Or are you just looking for a way to put me down?

This is getting old, I don't have to prove myself or my organization to you. And why is it not vegan to feed animals to animals. We feed the animals special cat and dog food formulated to give them the exact same nutrients only without useing any animal products. It's not like we throw them a carrot and say "chow down, Sparky." We're an organization that has been around a long time, we know what we're doing and I really don't like you judging us on the fact if we're really vegan or not. I mean, can you at least look at the website, look at our current projects and read what we're all about and THEN make your judgements? That's really unfair to us that you sit there and say that we're not vegan enough without even knowing what it is that we do.

straightXed
06-04-2005, 11:34 AM
what the hell? I mean, what is very vegan? Are we just a bunch of vegan posers? Are you like the vegan god or somthing? Or are you just looking for a way to put me down?

This is getting old, I don't have to prove myself or my organization to you. And why is it not vegan to feed animals to animals. We feed the animals special cat and dog food formulated to give them the exact same nutrients only without useing any animal products. It's not like we throw them a carrot and say "chow down, Sparky." We're an organization that has been around a long time, we know what we're doing and I really don't like you judging us on the fact if we're really vegan or not. I mean, can you at least look at the website, look at our current projects and read what we're all about and THEN make your judgements? That's really unfair to us that you sit there and say that we're not vegan enough without even knowing what it is that we do.

I'm not a vegan god and its not me trying to put you down, stop thinking its all about you, its not. I would have said the same to anyone.

If you think you don't have to prove yourself why are you trying to, whats the idea behind posting that link if its not about showing how even though you eat meat you are all about eating caring for animals. Seems like even though you don't have to prove yourself you yourself have chosen to do so.

Because you are furthuring domestication which is essentially not in allignment with the vegan phillosophy, not only to you further the domestication you further it in accordance with a human beleif and ignore the nature of the cat and essentially play god with the cat. Why do you feel the cat needs to be vegan, something which goes against its nature?

It doesn't really matter if you don't like me making judgements, as an organisation you should expect it. But seriously, why do you think the cat should be vegan?

I looked at the website before i made my judgements thank you, what makes you think i didn't? I know what you/your organisation does but it doesn't answer my question of why you'd make a cat eat a vegan diet.