PDA

View Full Version : Band boycot ?

x-Bryn-x
05-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Last night, there was a gig with Neshamah playing, and some hippies make a fucking drum circle in the middle of the pit, to try boycot the band, cause for some reason it effects everyone that they are christians in a hXc scene, They are really great people, with good music, besides for the few odd kicks in the head, noone actually did anything about it, It pisses me off that some people have to fuck things up for everyone, just cause they are a bunch of idiots...

xdaddydaycorex
05-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Last night, there was a gig with Neshamah playing, and some hippies make a fucking drum circle in the middle of the pit, to try boycot the band, cause for some reason it effects everyone that they are christians in a hXc scene, They are really great people, with good music, besides for the few odd kicks in the head, noone actually did anything about it, It pisses me off that some people have to fuck things up for everyone, just cause they are a bunch of idiots...
i dont really see why this was a problem for you.

x-Bryn-x
05-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Every tried to go in a pit with a bunch of people on the floor ? = tripping,kicking girl in face and having more shit start...

xsecx
05-08-2005, 08:29 AM

I agree with them. hardcore shouldn't be used as a recruiting tool for religions.

thexbarrettx
05-09-2005, 09:42 AM

i went to the peta2 compassion before fashion show and some assholes were doing that during it dies today, just because they were the only nonlocal band that sang, these same kids were moshing harder for tamerlane, a somewhat shitty band, than for anyone one else and tamerlan doesnt really even scream much. give the bands some respect, no matter what their motivation is for playing, be it religion, straight edge, or something else, thay have the balls and talent to play music in front of people and everyone physically capable should be out there giving the bands their due worth.

xsecx
05-09-2005, 09:47 AM
i went to the peta2 compassion before fashion show and some assholes were doing that during it dies today, just because they were the only nonlocal band that sang, these same kids were moshing harder for tamerlane, a somewhat shitty band, than for anyone one else and tamerlan doesnt really even scream much. give the bands some respect, no matter what their motivation is for playing, be it religion, straight edge, or something else, thay have the balls and talent to play music in front of people and everyone physically capable should be out there giving the bands their due worth.

so if you oppose what their motivation is, you shouldn't voice it?

thexbarrettx
05-09-2005, 09:57 AM
so if you oppose what their motivation is, you shouldn't voice it?

voice your opinions, but show some respect, theyre not out there for their health, it dies today for example drove from new york to utah to protest animal cruelty, admission to the show wasnt shit, we were all there for the same reasons, and thes guys stood in the middle of the pit and stopped people trying to dance. not cool.

xsecx
05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
voice your opinions, but show some respect, theyre not out there for their health, it dies today for example drove from new york to utah to protest animal cruelty, admission to the show wasnt shit, we were all there for the same reasons, and thes guys stood in the middle of the pit and stopped people trying to dance. not cool.

Why should I show respect for a groups opinion that I'm opposed to? Why shouldn't I confront it and speak out when I can? If it's a racist band, should they be given respect?

thexbarrettx
05-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Why should I show respect for a groups opinion that I'm opposed to? Why shouldn't I confront it and speak out when I can? If it's a racist band, should they be given respect?

if u disagree with the band, why are you at the show?

xsecx
05-09-2005, 10:04 AM
if u disagree with the band, why are you at the show?

why didn't you answer my questions?

also, what is a more effective way of letting someone know that you don't agree with them, to tell them directly or to ignore them? Especially for something you feel strongly about.

thexbarrettx
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM

not their opinion, but their will to play music, its not an easy thing getting in front of people playing music you wrote, i would know, i do it myself. do speak out against the things you disagree with, by all means, if theres a problem do something about it. and with the racist bands, respect them as musicians but not as people. but just because you disagree with a band doesnt mean u have the right to stop the band or its fans from having a good show.

xsecx
05-09-2005, 10:19 AM
not their opinion, but their will to play music, its not an easy thing getting in front of people playing music you wrote, i would know, i do it myself. do speak out against the things you disagree with, by all means, if theres a problem do something about it. and with the racist bands, respect them as musicians but not as people. but just because you disagree with a band doesnt mean u have the right to stop the band or its fans from having a good show.

why should I respect them? Or make them feel welcome at all? Hardcore is based on confrontation and strong ideas. Why don't I have a right to disrupt a band when it's about something I honestly care about and feel that their existance in the scene is negative? Why shouldn't people stand up for what they believe?

thexbarrettx
05-09-2005, 10:33 AM
why should I respect them? Or make them feel welcome at all? Hardcore is based on confrontation and strong ideas. Why don't I have a right to disrupt a band when it's about something I honestly care about and feel that their existance in the scene is negative? Why shouldn't people stand up for what they believe?

i was always taught that hardcore was about unity, confrontation tears down friendships and families, ive seen it happen. disrupting a band because you disagree with what theyre saying just means your not man enough to walk away from someone talking shit. fuck this stupid confrontation shit. go sit outside for their set, theyre not playing for you.

xsecx
05-09-2005, 10:53 AM
i was always taught that hardcore was about unity, confrontation tears down friendships and families, ive seen it happen. disrupting a band because you disagree with what theyre saying just means your not man enough to walk away from someone talking shit. fuck this stupid confrontation shit. go sit outside for their set, theyre not playing for you.

Do you even read lyrics? What do you think standing up and fighting for what you believe in actually means? Are you even aware of the massive fights that happened in the late 80s and 90s in most scenes to get rid of nazis?

How do you change things without confronting something you're opposed to? So me taking a stand against something I'm against, means I'm not man enough to keep quiet and be passive when someone is doing something negative to something I care about? I'm not talking about not agreeing with what someone is wearing. i'm talking about standing up for something you truly believe in. The kids didn't want a christian band to play, so they opposed it. Words should mean something. If you're going to sing a song about it, then you better be damn well ready to deal with it if people disagree.

xdaddydaycorex
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
and with the racist bands, respect them as musicians but not as people.
why would i have any respect for someone i knew was racist? musicians are people and their music is their way of communication, so if i dont respect them as people i'm sure not gonna respect them as musicians anymore so.

but just because you disagree with a band doesnt mean u have the right to stop the band or its fans from having a good show.
yes , yes it does.

thexbarrettx
05-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Do you even read lyrics? What do you think standing up and fighting for what you believe in actually means? Are you even aware of the massive fights that happened in the late 80s and 90s in most scenes to get rid of nazis?

How do you change things without confronting something you're opposed to? So me taking a stand against something I'm against, means I'm not man enough to keep quiet and be passive when someone is doing something negative to something I care about? I'm not talking about not agreeing with what someone is wearing. i'm talking about standing up for something you truly believe in. The kids didn't want a christian band to play, so they opposed it. Words should mean something. If you're going to sing a song about it, then you better be damn well ready to deal with it if people disagree.

ya, i do read lyrics, and i read more about unity in hardcore than i read about breaking up other bands pits. last i checked there were more songs about getting rid of guys that do that than encouraging it. if you dont like the band dont go to the show. standing up and fighting for what you believe in? those guys were tearing down what someone else believed in, just because they disagreed does not make them more right than the people for playing music from their hearts.

xsecx
05-11-2005, 10:11 AM
ya, i do read lyrics, and i read more about unity in hardcore than i read about breaking up other bands pits. last i checked there were more songs about getting rid of guys that do that than encouraging it. if you dont like the band dont go to the show. standing up and fighting for what you believe in? those guys were tearing down what someone else believed in, just because they disagreed does not make them more right than the people for playing music from their hearts.

Unity in hardcore doesn't apply to outside forces trying to come in. Religion is one of them. You seriously are a completely lost cause because you've reduced hardcore into the one thing it never was, just music. You want that kind of attitude and that kind of shit, go play indie rock, it has no place in hardcore. Reducing it to just music removes and disgraces everything that brought it to this point and what made it special, interesting and had impact.

thexbarrettx
05-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Unity in hardcore doesn't apply to outside forces trying to come in. Religion is one of them. You seriously are a completely lost cause because you've reduced hardcore into the one thing it never was, just music. You want that kind of attitude and that kind of shit, go play indie rock, it has no place in hardcore. Reducing it to just music removes and disgraces everything that brought it to this point and what made it special, interesting and had impact.

im not trying to reduce anything, im sticking up for people singing about what they belive in, be it god, sxe, or some other factor of life, hardcore was supposed to be a forum for bringing those views into the world for others to see, and for those who also believe those things to rally behind. breaking up someones pits is also limiting their ability to impact someones life, you do that and youve limited peoples ability to be happy. i for one cannot support anyone who interferes with someone expressing what they stand for.

xsecx
05-11-2005, 10:19 AM
im not trying to reduce anything, im sticking up for people singing about what they belive in, be it god, sxe, or some other factor of life, hardcore was supposed to be a forum for bringing those views into the world for others to see, and for those who also believe those things to rally behind. breaking up someones pits is also limiting their ability to impact someones life, you do that and youve limited peoples ability to be happy. i for one cannot support anyone who interferes with someone expressing what they stand for.

do you seriously live in a world where you can say and do whatever you want without any consquences or believe that you should never have to? If one group of people have a problem with what a band is saying, WHY SHOULDN'T THEY OPPOSE IT? Why shouldn't they voice THEIR opinion? Because they're not on stage? Because they're not in a band? You have a right to sing your songs, and I have a right to give you loud and vocal shit if I don't agree with it.

thexbarrettx
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
do you seriously live in a world where you can say and do whatever you want without any consquences or believe that you should never have to? If one group of people have a problem with what a band is saying, WHY SHOULDN'T THEY OPPOSE IT? Why shouldn't they voice THEIR opinion? Because they're not on stage? Because they're not in a band? You have a right to sing your songs, and I have a right to give you loud and vocal shit if I don't agree with it.

speak out, just dont fuck with the pits. for some thats the only thing keeping them sane. and for others thats the only reason they play shows.

xsecx
05-13-2005, 12:03 PM
speak out, just dont fuck with the pits. for some thats the only thing keeping them sane. and for others thats the only reason they play shows.

do you realize how pathetic that sounds?

xash.wednesdayx
05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
do you realize how pathetic that sounds?
it may sound pathetic, but u have to admit, it is the truth...

xsecx
05-13-2005, 11:25 PM
it may sound pathetic, but u have to admit, it is the truth...

which part exactly? the part where I should care about someones "sanity" because of people in a "pit" while singing about something I'm opposed to?

straightXed
05-14-2005, 10:08 AM
which part exactly? the part where I should care about someones "sanity" because of people in a "pit" while singing about something I'm opposed to?

I've got this great mental image of people needing to mosh so bad that they have to do it to bands that breed racial hatred even though they don't want to. Like they are strung out for a mosh getting withdrawals and everything.

thexbarrettx
05-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I've got this great mental image of people needing to mosh so bad that they have to do it to bands that breed racial hatred even though they don't want to. Like they are strung out for a mosh getting withdrawals and everything.

ive seen it happen, buddy of mine started a pit at an emo show cause he was depressed and pissed off.

xsecx
05-16-2005, 09:53 AM
ive seen it happen, buddy of mine started a pit at an emo show cause he was depressed and pissed off.

your buddy is an idiot.

thexbarrettx
05-16-2005, 10:17 AM
your buddy is an idiot.

hes a good guy, some people just get stressed and need release.

xsecx
05-16-2005, 10:20 AM
hes a good guy, some people just get stressed and need release.

and there are better ways to it than "pits"

thexbarrettx
05-16-2005, 10:23 AM
and there are better ways to it than "pits"

like what? a fight?

straightXed
05-16-2005, 10:25 AM

Wow, thats dumb.

xsecx
05-16-2005, 10:26 AM
like what? a fight?

so those are the only 2 ways to release stress? Whatever happened to respecting the band? I mena, did he ask the band before he moshed it up if that's what they wanted? caring about "pits" is fucking dumb.

thexbarrettx
05-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Wow, thats dumb.

kept him out of trouble

thexbarrettx
05-16-2005, 10:28 AM
so those are the only 2 ways to release stress? Whatever happened to respecting the band? I mena, did he ask the band before he moshed it up if that's what they wanted? caring about "pits" is fucking dumb.

you cant respect a band by standing still, and a pit is a great demonstration of energy at a show, ive actually had emo bands complain to me that i didnt start a pit at their show. and with some kinds of stress fights and pits are the only ways to get rid of them, unless you plan on self medicating.

xsecx
05-16-2005, 10:31 AM
you cant respect a band by standing still, and a pit is a great demonstration of energy at a show, ive actually had emo bands complain to me that i didnt start a pit at their show. and with some kinds of stress fights and pits are the only ways to get rid of them, unless you plan on self medicating.

you're seriously an idiot if you actually believe any of that.

straightXed
05-16-2005, 10:48 AM
kept him out of trouble

Pathetic, the notion that someone can only keep out of trouble if he moshes is the most ridiculous thing you have said so far and thats no easy feat.

Your friend has serious issues if this is the case, i mean you can't seriously think that your friends problem with his sanity is a good enough reason to put up with people expressing shit that people don't agree with, without expressing how they feel about it back.

thexbarrettx
05-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Pathetic, the notion that someone can only keep out of trouble if he moshes is the most ridiculous thing you have said so far and thats no easy feat.

i never said it was the only way to keep someone out of trouble. i just said he needed some way to vent and if he didnt then there would have been consequences, take last week for instance, he was under a lot of stress and his step dad got in a fight with his mom, his step dad was in the hospital for a couple days thereafter. people need release.

straightXed
05-17-2005, 10:04 AM
i never said it was the only way to keep someone out of trouble. i just said he needed some way to vent and if he didnt then there would have been consequences, take last week for instance, he was under a lot of stress and his step dad got in a fight with his mom, his step dad was in the hospital for a couple days thereafter. people need release.

Ok, so if there are other ways what was all that about pits being the only thing keeping people sane? You really aren't keeping in touch with your own story are you? Seriously every post involves you changing your story to suit.

So what's your point, he gets angry and needs to hit out? whats that got to do with others in a seperate environment? If a racist band start sing racist propaganda are you seriously expecting people to be ok with it because someone needs a pit to deal with other areas of his life, fuck that, its ridiculous.