PDA

View Full Version : SxE and sex

GH ST
04-29-2005, 01:28 AM
"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. At least I can fucking think!" -Minor Threat
I more then get the don’t smoke, don’t drink. Toxic-free. Poison-free. But why do SxE peeps abstain from sex until marriage. I always thought that was a bullshit Christian thing. So tell me. Why no sex?

linsee
04-29-2005, 01:35 AM
all straight edge kids dont abstain from sex.

daytonohsxe
04-29-2005, 07:08 AM
'Tis true.

Dummy
04-29-2005, 07:12 AM
if we're gonna play the minor threat song game that means youre out of step, not straightedge

straightXed
04-29-2005, 07:49 AM
"Don't drink, don't smoke, don't fuck. At least I can fucking think!" -Minor Threat
I more then get the don’t smoke, don’t drink. Toxic-free. Poison-free. But why do SxE peeps abstain from sex until marriage. I always thought that was a bullshit Christian thing. So tell me. Why no sex?

Sex is a healthy part of relationships and its not natural to supress sexual urges and feelings, its will serve to give you more grief than anyone needs. Generally i never see sex as an element of straightedge and same goes for a lot of others.

XTILLDEATHX
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
what happened to no permiscuous sex? fuck that marital bullshit

xsecx
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM

it never belonged?

GH ST
04-29-2005, 10:38 AM
ok... so abstaining from sex isn't a SxE thing?

xsecx
04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
ok... so abstaining from sex isn't a SxE thing?

not to most of the people that post here.

Rain
04-30-2005, 11:08 PM
sXe needs a reform.

codie
05-01-2005, 12:27 AM

Exactly that's edge. No permiscuous sex. Sex can be great. It can be beautiful and perfect, if done in a healthy relationship. Edge isn't being against sex, it's against abusing the physical sensations. Sex is addictive, just like drugs. If you're going to have sex with someone when you're edge, you have to make sure you really love the person and care about the person, if you don't, you're breaking. Also, it doesn't really matter if it's in marrige or not. Legality doesn't have anything to do with emotions. So, just as long as you care about the person deeply, then yes, sex is normal.

But hey, that's just what I've come to realize. Feel free to enlighten me.

sXeAlaska
05-01-2005, 04:17 AM
Exactly that's edge. No permiscuous sex. Sex can be great. It can be beautiful and perfect, if done in a healthy relationship. Edge isn't being against sex, it's against abusing the physical sensations. Sex is addictive, just like drugs. If you're going to have sex with someone when you're edge, you have to make sure you really love the person and care about the person, if you don't, you're breaking. Also, it doesn't really matter if it's in marrige or not. Legality doesn't have anything to do with emotions. So, just as long as you care about the person deeply, then yes, sex is normal.

I have always seen it this way. If you could not deal with the kid that could come from doing that, you have no reason to be having sex. That is why I abstain, not because of any reppression of sexual urges. Simply, I can't deal with a kid, I don't risk it.

xsecx
05-01-2005, 08:38 AM

how do you define love? how you decide the point where you're breaking edge? How far can you go with someone who isn't edge? Why do you think that sex is part of straight edge?

xsecx
05-01-2005, 08:53 AM
sXe needs a reform.

but you're not straight edge, so why do you care?

straightXed
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM

You can be in non promiscuous relationships with people you don't love so where does that fit is it an edge break? And you can have unhealthy monogomous relationships do they constitute edge break?. If you are likening sex to drugs why is it ok to have sex at all? If you are addicted to sex with one person does that mean its ok to be addicted to crack from one dealer?!!? You are going to need a universally accepted definition of love as some people think they are in love at first sight and if its a case of caring deeply, well some people care deeply about their pets! What constitutes promiscuity could be a larger grey area than what you have described, it makes it very hard to allign with.