PDA

View Full Version : Huge Question...

rictusemprasxe
04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
okay, i really want to be sxe, but i can't listen to the music because my mom is like a frickin' crackhead and she's against anything rock...the hardest she'll go is green day and that's it. i listened to this one website and heard the music and i fucking loved it, but i have a few parental issues. am i just going to have to be a poser sxe until i can go to the shows and listen to hardcore? that's a sorta stupid question, but i'm fucking confused...

xsecx
04-22-2005, 10:33 AM
okay, i really want to be sxe, but i can't listen to the music because my mom is like a frickin' crackhead and she's against anything rock...the hardest she'll go is green day and that's it. i listened to this one website and heard the music and i fucking loved it, but i have a few parental issues. am i just going to have to be a poser sxe until i can go to the shows and listen to hardcore? that's a sorta stupid question, but i'm fucking confused...

half of being straight edge is the music. the other half is what you don't do. you won't really understand it as a whole until you actually hear the songs and know what it's like to be apart of it.

rictusemprasxe
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
well, thanx for that...could you give me any bands that are really hardcore because the hardest i've ever gone was rage against the machine...which, by the way, i liked...at the moment, i'm musically retarded because i don't have any money to buy music and i don't listen to the radio much. HELP!!!

xsecx
04-22-2005, 12:56 PM
well, thanx for that...could you give me any bands that are really hardcore because the hardest i've ever gone was rage against the machine...which, by the way, i liked...at the moment, i'm musically retarded because i don't have any money to buy music and i don't listen to the radio much. HELP!!!

http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389 you'll find a lot listed there. and there is a lot of range there. I'd also spend some time looking for bands on http://www.hxcmp3.com A lot of newer bands like casey jones and blue monday are on there.

sXeAlaska
04-22-2005, 01:05 PM

I know how you feel. The only hardcore that I can really listen to is the stuff I get from friends, or off of online. My parents are the same way, except they won't even listen to greenday. Shit, they looked through my cd case and said that Bad Religion was Saten music.

xGriffox
04-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I know how you feel. The only hardcore that I can really listen to is the stuff I get from friends, or off of online. My parents are the same way, except they won't even listen to greenday. Shit, they looked through my cd case and said that Bad Religion was Saten music.

you should have said "YES THEY AREE!!!!" then hissed or something. they would have shut up after that :)

rictusemprasxe
04-22-2005, 06:38 PM
so what am i at the moment? i mean, i'm totally into straightedge, but i realize that the music is the main thing that connects everyone and makes everyone realize that you are really sxe. so what am i right now? cause i'm starting to get confused...

Dummy
04-22-2005, 07:15 PM
sober! drug free! poison free! each just as credible.

non toxic! hmmmm

sXeAlaska
04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
so what am i at the moment? i mean, i'm totally into straightedge, but i realize that the music is the main thing that connects everyone and makes everyone realize that you are really sxe. so what am i right now? cause i'm starting to get confused...

YOU'RE SMART! You realize that you don't need that shit to get through life and you've found people that also know that. That sets you apart.

And to xGriffox: I seriously considered it. Probelm is, I still have to leaglly live under their roof for 2 more years. I don't need to give them any more reason to treat me like shit. We've come to sort of an understanding. In my room, I listen to what I want, read what I want, ect. Outside, I keep my mouth shut. In return, they don't bug me about it, and they don't fuck with my friends or with my theater, which is where I spend most of my time.

xvunderx
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
if your parents bitch about the music, ask if they would be happier if you listened to the Beatles you know something nice that promotes Drug Use.

xGriffox
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
if your parents bitch about the music, ask if they would be happier if you listened to the Beatles you know something nice that promotes Drug Use.

haha i like the beatles