PDA

View Full Version : the x

MidnightHours
04-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the wearing of the x on the hand start to show which kids were under age at shows so people wouldnt sell them alcohol. Then the older people who didn't drink start wearing them and that then it went to where sxe kids started wearing it at shows. Well that last few shows that I've been to I've seen only non sxe people wearing them. Outside before the start of the minions of mosh tour I was talking to people from my school and from around that I knew...all had the x's on their hands and all were drinking. I brought the edge thing up and of course they started making fun of it. So it got me thinking is the whole x thing starting to become a trend? Then again it was brought up that it was a trend to begin with. Anyways I see more non edge people wearing the x then the ones who are straight edge...is anyone else seeing this happen?
(sorry if theres a thread already like this i didnt find one in a search)

SgtD
04-16-2005, 06:42 AM
fortunately, i can't see this happen over here. some sxe kids don't even wear them anymore, because they think it makes other people jusdge tehm as elitists or trendy whatever.

xsecx
04-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the wearing of the x on the hand start to show which kids were under age at shows so people wouldnt sell them alcohol. Then the older people who didn't drink start wearing them and that then it went to where sxe kids started wearing it at shows. Well that last few shows that I've been to I've seen only non sxe people wearing them. Outside before the start of the minions of mosh tour I was talking to people from my school and from around that I knew...all had the x's on their hands and all were drinking. I brought the edge thing up and of course they started making fun of it. So it got me thinking is the whole x thing starting to become a trend? Then again it was brought up that it was a trend to begin with. Anyways I see more non edge people wearing the x then the ones who are straight edge...is anyone else seeing this happen?
(sorry if theres a thread already like this i didnt find one in a search)

bars would and still do put them on people to show who not to serve to. This never stopped. Chances are that they got x'd up by the club and still got liquor and had nothing to do with edge.

sXeAlaska
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm actually not allowed to wear the x's. It's not a trend here in Ak, most sXers here don't even wear them.

MidnightHours
04-21-2005, 04:25 AM
I'm actually not allowed to wear the x's. It's not a trend here in Ak, most sXers here don't even wear them.

What do you mean by not allowed?

sXeAlaska
04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I mean that my parents think that it will attach me to some extremist group. They say "it reflects" on them if I wear them. I feel that it's a sign of what I believe and I should be able to, just like Christians wear crosses, or whatever, but apparently, they have no problem being hypocrites.

xsecx
04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I mean that my parents think that it will attach me to some extremist group. They say "it reflects" on them if I wear them. I feel that it's a sign of what I believe and I should be able to, just like Christians wear crosses, or whatever, but apparently, they have no problem being hypocrites.

what are your parents doing at shows with you?

sXeAlaska
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
ha. I'm not even allowed to go to shows. I was weearing them for a sXe peice I'm doing for our newspaper at school

xGriffox
04-21-2005, 06:36 PM
are there even that many shows in alaska?

sXeAlaska
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
There's a few. Not many, and pretty much no well known ones. Alaska is shot. We like to call it Hell in an icebox

noman
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
can only imagine why....

jersey has a pretty ok amount of shows, come here. ::hands over magic carpet::

sXeAlaska
04-28-2005, 12:55 PM
can only imagine why....

jersey has a pretty ok amount of shows, come here. ::hands over magic carpet::

When I turn 18, I'm just gonna take amonth or two and drive all over th place. Go to shows, hang out, stuff like that.

Morgedge
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
You should all come to Montreal RIGHT now, Poutine, and LOTS 'O shows, the two don't mix, but at seperate times, they are wonderful

djay
04-28-2005, 10:00 PM
You should all come to Montreal RIGHT now, Poutine, and LOTS 'O shows, the two don't mix, but at seperate times, they are wonderful

wahhh...you're in quebec too, that rocks.
im in rouyn-noranda, abitibi-temiscamingue.
anyways, always nice to see people from our fabulous country...Le Québec!

Morgedge
04-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Tu est francophone ou anglophone?

djay
04-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Tu est francophone ou anglophone?

francopowerrrrrr

noman
04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
ahhh french ahhhhh. you two fluent?

djay
04-29-2005, 11:03 PM
ahhh french ahhhhh. you two fluent?

maybe...depends on what exactly you mean by fluent...im actually frenchy...i didnt get that word

Morgedge
04-30-2005, 02:00 PM
"fluent" Is when you can speak a language and not think about it. Je peux parler francais. mais je ne peux pas ecrire. See look how bad that is? Je ne peux pas metter les accents sur mon ordinateur. Alos c'est tous.....stupid. But I can speak it fine, and I thought you where french cause that's more of a french region.

xstepaheadx
05-20-2005, 12:34 AM
I dont know I have never sean anyone were I am wearing X's I think this is becuase all the shows I go to are all ages and becuase people were I'm from just dont care about it at shows its like no one offers you anything just becuase people dont do stuff at shows other than the few people that go and have a cigarette but they dont walk around offering them to everyone

xResolvex
05-28-2005, 12:10 PM
all the venues in STL x your hand if you are a minor, some do both.

XcaitieXchaos
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM
That's such bullshit.

Not you, those kids.

Why the hell do you even ware an X except to say that your edge? Why? to make themselves look hard-core or somthing? It's supposed to say that you've pretty much taken an oath not to drink, and there they are wareing it AND DRINKING then haveing the nerve to make fun of it. What kind of poser bull is that?

I'm staying x-ed up though, I'm not going to let these trendy fucks steal it. That's not fair. And as for being judged, a man can judge all he wants too, but who's the real loser? Me for being the way I am or him for being wrong?

XTILLDEATHX
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM

how the fuck are u not allowed to wear x's? mommy and daddy tell u that if god wanted it on ur body he woulda put it there for u? how cute

mpbouvier
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
In Quebec city I've never seen anyone with the "X", but it is bothering me because it is always dirty when I clean up my hands! All my hands turn black and it is not pretty after! So can you tell me what you do to keep the "X" on your hands? I always got it on my right hand, and I don't want to tattoo my hand, so not this year!

See you soon!

xdoverx
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
how the fuck are u not allowed to wear x's? mommy and daddy tell u that if god wanted it on ur body he woulda put it there for u? how cute

Dude lets stay posi living at home can be harsh, I'd know. I always X up cause it gives people the chance to ask me what its for and from there more kids can hear about being edge and hopefully live cleaner lives because my X's sparked their interest.

mpbouvier
01-01-2009, 01:43 AM
It is for this reason if I am wearing that!