PDA

View Full Version : argh..

SxEforChirst
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
My girlfriend used to claim straightEdge.. however shit in her life is bring her down and last night she drag some coffe with Buttersocht rum in it... now come on thats only like 10% alachol and cant do shit when added with coffe and stuff... But me being the ass i am i got down on her a little bit and now she is say she isnt straight edge.....

Now i know no one wants to her my personal drama shit. But i want to know what you guys think of the ButterSocht rum incodent...

Is it acceptable? could it be possible to fall of the wagon one time during a hardtime and the turn it around and become Edge again? And if it is possible how far could you take that a little Buttersocht rum with coffe... or pure Vodak.. A one time mistake or a bad run for a few weeks/month/year?

Theres the questions, kets see what you guys think

xsecx
04-06-2005, 02:55 PM
My girlfriend used to claim straightEdge.. however shit in her life is bring her down and last night she drag some coffe with Buttersocht rum in it... now come on thats only like 10% alachol and cant do shit when added with coffe and stuff... But me being the ass i am i got down on her a little bit and now she is say she isnt straight edge.....

Now i know no one wants to her my personal drama shit. But i want to know what you guys think of the ButterSocht rum incodent...

Is it acceptable? could it be possible to fall of the wagon one time during a hardtime and the turn it around and become Edge again? And if it is possible how far could you take that a little Buttersocht rum with coffe... or pure Vodak.. A one time mistake or a bad run for a few weeks/month/year?

Theres the questions, kets see what you guys think
spell check please.

SxEforChirst
04-06-2005, 03:02 PM
yeah I know, I'm sorry dude. my sister was bugging me while i was typing

xsecx
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
yeah I know, I'm sorry dude. my sister was bugging me while i was typing

I'm serious. please go back and edit it so that it's readable, right now it's not.

xSouthernEdgex
04-08-2005, 07:38 AM
butterscotch, vodka(not vodak)

Dummy
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
the point is to be strong from giving in through not only the good times but also the bad. straightedge dosen't come with a punch card. my personal opinion is you sell out, you sold out. others will disagree. that and i have no control over what somone labels themselves.

xvunderx
04-15-2005, 07:32 AM
It's deffinately an edge break to drink coffee with alcohol in it, and you can get drunk on irish coffee etc

It's easy to be edge when everything is happy and cool, but when things get tough you should be able to still stand behind your belifes. For me a big part of edge is not hiding from your reality with drink and drugs like so many people do.

It can be hard to re-arrange old habbits, I'm sure she'll be able to pick herself up, and be stronger the next time around.

Dummy
04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
amen sista!

sXeAlaska
04-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Personal opinion: nobody's perfect. If you screw up once, or twice, yeah, you can still be edge. You need to realize that you did screw up, fix it, and learn from it. If you keep drinking, saying just one more, then you can't call youself edge. Drinking coffee with rum is breaking edge, but one fuckup does not screw you for life. Or at least, that's what I think.

Dummy
04-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Personal opinion: nobody's perfect. If you screw up once, or twice, yeah, you can still be edge. You need to realize that you did screw up, fix it, and learn from it. If you keep drinking, saying just one more, then you can't call youself edge. Drinking coffee with rum is breaking edge, but one fuckup does not screw you for life. Or at least, that's what I think.

if twice why not three times, or 4? give them an inch they'll take a mile.

AxZxHxC
04-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Is it really THAT hard not to break edge, even once? Come on people, its not rocket science, if you drink alcohol, you sold out. If you sold out, you sold out.

sXeAlaska
04-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Is it really THAT hard not to break edge, even once? Come on people, its not rocket science, if you drink alcohol, you sold out. If you sold out, you sold out.

Again, personal opinion. There is a difference between drinking once and selling out. Yeah, wither way it's a pretty dumbass thing to do, but selling out is thinking it's ok. If you fuck up once, and then realize that you did, tell yourself that you did, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN, then that's a mistake. As to the comment about "give them an inch, they take a mile," it's not taking the mile, or even the inch that is being sXe. I belive that if you are sXe, that "inch" is the leeway for mistakes. If you take that mile, you aren't sXe.

xsecx
04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Again, personal opinion. There is a difference between drinking once and selling out. Yeah, wither way it's a pretty dumbass thing to do, but selling out is thinking it's ok. If you fuck up once, and then realize that you did, tell yourself that you did, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN, then that's a mistake. As to the comment about "give them an inch, they take a mile," it's not taking the mile, or even the inch that is being sXe. I belive that if you are sXe, that "inch" is the leeway for mistakes. If you take that mile, you aren't sXe.

if I make a commitment to myself and I do something against that commitment, it's stilll breaking that commitment.

xGriffox
04-25-2005, 04:02 PM
if I make a commitment to myself and I do something against that commitment, it's stilll breaking that commitment.

but you can always make the same commitment again! which would defeat the purpose of it in the first place :)

straightXed
04-25-2005, 04:56 PM

if you are drinking (weather its a mistake in heinsight or not) at that moment you are thinking it is ok and thats your definition of selling out, thinking its ok. And if you say its ok if you don't do it again why did you originally state that you can still be edge if you do it twice?

You are illustrating exactly how you are turning an inch into a mile, straight edge is strongly opposed to alcohol consumption, people who are straightedge think it is wrong and there is no getting away from that. There is no leeway for suddenly changing camps when it suits, being straightedge simply means no alcohol, smoking, drugs etc. If you find yourself thinking that one beer is ok than you aren't very well aligned to straightedge, and while consuming one beer isn't something so terrible it certainly should make you take a look at what you believe. I mean that one inch, does that mean for one day i can go snowballing and fuck right up and still be edge? what is an inch in my eyes could be the mile in yours, what is agreed upon is no alcohol, and sure people make mistakes but if you mold the meaning round peoples mistakes it will be a complete blur.

straightXed
04-25-2005, 04:57 PM
but you can always make the same commitment again! which would defeat the purpose of it in the first place :)

Accept it wouldn't be a commitment, just empty and hollow words.

sXeAlaska
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Accept it wouldn't be a commitment, just empty and hollow words.

A good point. I suppose it's all just how you see it personally. One person may see something as breaking edge (drinking caffine, for instance) while another person may not. I think we all agree that drinking alcohol is breaking edge, it's just a question of whether a single break of edge is permanent, or if the lifestyle can be fixed.

straightXed
04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
A good point. I suppose it's all just how you see it personally. One person may see something as breaking edge (drinking caffine, for instance) while another person may not. I think we all agree that drinking alcohol is breaking edge, it's just a question of whether a single break of edge is permanent, or if the lifestyle can be fixed.

So now you agree choosing to drink alcohol once is breaking edge? If you then decide never to drink again doesn't change anything, what remains true is edge was broken.

AxZxHxC
04-26-2005, 06:45 PM

No, its not opinion. If you drank alcohol, you drank alcohol. Theres no pussyfooting around it, you fucked up, you lose. There arent any freebies. I dont have a break edge token i can use whenever I break, its all over. If I did sell out and immediatley realized it was wrong, I wouldnt try to still call myself edge, because thats fucked up for all the people who stay strong and never sell out.

sXeAlaska
04-27-2005, 11:43 AM
No, its not opinion. If you drank alcohol, you drank alcohol. Theres no pussyfooting around it, you fucked up, you lose. There arent any freebies. I dont have a break edge token i can use whenever I break, its all over. If I did sell out and immediatley realized it was wrong, I wouldnt try to still call myself edge, because thats fucked up for all the people who stay strong and never sell out.

I'm no saying there is any free token or shit like that. I'm just saying that dumb mistakes don screw a person for life. THAT is opinion. I agree that drinking alcohol is breaking edge. I also agree that if you say "I'll drink just this once and then I'll be edge again" is also shit and dosen't work. What I'm saying is that if you fuck up, realize that you have fucked up, and don't do it again, you aren't totally fucked for life. Otherwise, how could I guy who used to drink become edge, like some of those on here?

sXeAlaska
04-27-2005, 11:44 AM

I'm not saying there is any free token or shit like that. I'm just saying that dumb mistakes don screw a person for life. THAT is opinion. I agree that drinking alcohol is breaking edge. I also agree that if you say "I'll drink just this once and then I'll be edge again" is also shit and dosen't work. What I'm saying is that if you fuck up, realize that you have fucked up, and don't do it again, you aren't totally fucked for life. Otherwise, how could a guy who used to drink become edge, like some of those on here?

sXeAlaska
04-27-2005, 11:47 AM
So now you agree choosing to drink alcohol once is breaking edge? If you then decide never to drink again doesn't change anything, what remains true is edge was broken.

Yes. I agree with that. I also believe that whemn you have screwed up, while you have broken edge, you can regain that path. Yes, you fucked up. But yes, I believe you can fix it.

straightXed
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm no saying there is any free token or shit like that. I'm just saying that dumb mistakes don screw a person for life. THAT is opinion. I agree that drinking alcohol is breaking edge. I also agree that if you say "I'll drink just this once and then I'll be edge again" is also shit and dosen't work. What I'm saying is that if you fuck up, realize that you have fucked up, and don't do it again, you aren't totally fucked for life. Otherwise, how could I guy who used to drink become edge, like some of those on here?

I used to drink but that isn't the issue. What you originally argued was that you could be straightedge, drink and continue to be straightedge. No one has said that because they broke edge they are fucked for life just that it constitutes breaking edge and that is all that has been said.

straightXed
04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes. I agree with that. I also believe that whemn you have screwed up, while you have broken edge, you can regain that path. Yes, you fucked up. But yes, I believe you can fix it.

We aren't saying they can't continue to live a clean lifestyle just that they broke edge, as a comitment its broken. Like how you'd fix that is interesting to me, i mean if i break a promise i can never fix that once its been broken, i can make new promises but the integrity would be lessened. You just can't regain a path once its broken, you are carving new paths and then it becomes something other than straightedge.

sXeAlaska
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
We aren't saying they can't continue to live a clean lifestyle just that they broke edge, as a comitment its broken. Like how you'd fix that is interesting to me, i mean if i break a promise i can never fix that once its been broken, i can make new promises but the integrity would be lessened. You just can't regain a path once its broken, you are carving new paths and then it becomes something other than straightedge.

Agreed.