PDA

View Full Version : the promise....

SgtD
04-05-2005, 09:15 AM
just broke up. damn, they were fucking great! i'm glad i saw them every time they played here

Life's priorities have been placed on hold or back-burnered so that we could spread what the band had to offer to as many people and places that cared. It's gotten to a point where we need to get a second record written, recorded, and released. With that, touring must be done immediately afterwards and we've all come to a crossroad. Do we do this record and sacrifice all that we need in our lives, or do we end the band because we can no longer afford to make those sacrifices?

"Unfortunately, we don't live at home with our parents paying our rent while we are on tour. Unfortunately, the gas and electric bill doesn't stop coming because we left for tour for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, the businesses that we own/operate can't self-exist so that we can go play to a bunch of punks in Japan, Europe, Canada, or the States. Life can't shut down and wait for The Promise to come home from tour and it's all gotten to be too much for some of us. Therefore, we have decided to stop doing the band.

A "last show" may or may not happen. However, we are playing April 15th in Philadelphia at The First Unitarian Church with Turmoil, so in case we decide to not do an official last show, this will be the unofficial one, I suppose. So, for those who can make it, we'd love for you to be there.

Thanks to everybody who cares across the globe. You've all affected us the same as we've hopefully affected you.

Buske DNA / The Promise Hardcore"
http://www.thepromisehardcore.com/

xsecx
04-05-2005, 09:25 AM
not at all surprised by this. it does suck though.