PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore

xalexax
04-01-2005, 11:33 AM
This may seem like a stupid question to most of you but are you only straight edge if you like hardcore and go to all the hardcore gigs ?

xdaddydaycorex
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
it helps , but unless youre single and rich , going to " all the hardcore gigs" really is'nt possible.

xsecx
04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
This may seem like a stupid question to most of you but are you only straight edge if you like hardcore and go to all the hardcore gigs ?

straight edge is a subculture founded around music that has a belief of living drug free. You're only straight edge if you're straight edge. I don't see how anyone can mention straight edge without talking about the music that's apart of it.

xdaddydaycorex
04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
straight edge is a subculture founded around music that has a belief of living drug free. You're only straight edge if you're straight edge. I don't see how anyone can mention straight edge without talking about the music that's apart of it.

and yet it happens all the time. i see lots of kids who dont even like hardcore going around town x'd up with my chemical romance shirts on.

xsecx
04-01-2005, 12:26 PM
and yet it happens all the time. i see lots of kids who dont even like hardcore going around town x'd up with my chemical romance shirts on.

you should shout "WALL OF DEATH" and then run right at them and knock them down.

xalexax
04-01-2005, 12:32 PM

so if you dont drink, smoke, or do drugs but like a other music type other than hardcore your not straight edge ?

xsecx
04-01-2005, 12:33 PM
so if you dont drink, smoke, or do drugs but like a other music type other than hardcore your not straight edge ?

if you don't like hardcore, you're not straight edge. you're something else. I don't know why this is such a weird and foreign concept.

xalexax
04-01-2005, 12:53 PM
if you don't like hardcore, you're not straight edge. you're something else. I don't know why this is such a weird and foreign concept.

well its such a weird and foreign concept because i though being straight edge was about your choice of not smoking,drinking,drugs, etc . not because of your choice in music

xsecx
04-01-2005, 12:55 PM
well its such a weird and foreign concept because i though being straight edge was about your choice of not smoking,drinking,drugs, etc . not because of your choice in music

that's only part of it. where did straight edge come from? how did it spread? Why do you know about it? Where can you be sure to find straight edge kids in any given town in most of the world now?

SgtD
04-01-2005, 01:02 PM
if that's so, my grandma is straight edge!

xalexax
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
that's only part of it. where did straight edge come from? how did it spread? Why do you know about it? Where can you be sure to find straight edge kids in any given town in most of the world now?

ok then well thanks for clearing it up

xsecx
04-01-2005, 02:19 PM
ok then well thanks for clearing it up

do you listen to any hardcore?

xalexax
04-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Yea some, but its not my favourite type

xsecx
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Yea some, but its not my favourite type

then why would you want to call yourself something that doesn't describe you?

xalexax
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Well thats why i was asking because i wasnt sure

xGriffox
04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
you should shout "WALL OF DEATH" and then run right at them and knock them down.

xsecx your a RAMBO fan?

SgtD
04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
xsecx your a RAMBO fan?
he wasn't referring to the album title, wall of death is when the band on stage separates the crowd into two, and when the music starts, the two crowds start to run and "change places".

xsecx
04-02-2005, 03:52 PM
he wasn't referring to the album title, wall of death is when the band on stage separates the crowd into two, and when the music starts, the two crowds start to run and "change places".

not necessarily. it's also when a group of people lock hands and arms and sweep across the dance floor.

xsecx
04-02-2005, 03:52 PM
xsecx your a RAMBO fan?

wall of death predates rambo by a lot.

SgtD
04-03-2005, 04:53 AM
not necessarily. it's also when a drop of people lock hands and arms and sweep across the dance floor.
i've never seen that before. sounds fun!

xJoeyNormalx
04-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Haha. As I recall, Sick of it All started doing that, and joke about how everyone else who does it is ripping them off. They call it the Braveheart, I think.

I've only ever heard of the wall of death as Sec described it...