PDA

View Full Version : Beat the shit out of smokers?

hardcorefan2008
03-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Yo, i was wondering if your straight edge, is it like part of the lifestyle to beat the hell out of smokers, drinkers etc. Cause i am really into hardcore and i would like to turn sxe, but the bassist in my band happens to smoke ciggarettes, and in a small town like this all of the ppl that like the same music as me generally smoke something.
And i was also wondering (even though i doubt) if i could still keep my bassist around if i went sxe?

linsee
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
violence is not meant to be a part of straight edge.

SgtD
03-28-2005, 05:08 AM
i'm in a punk band, nobody else is sxe but me. they do pot and drink, but they are my friends. and i don't care what they do, it's their health. why should i beat them up?
sxe isn't about beating up people who do any kind of drugs, i would be too busy if it was.

Synesthesia
03-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Hehe, my parents smoke. :D

xdaddydaycorex
03-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Hehe, my parents smoke. :D
nice screen name. i put out a zine in high school called synesthesia.

Synesthesia
03-30-2005, 09:37 PM
nice screen name. i put out a zine in high school called synesthesia.

sabresnmets
04-02-2005, 12:05 PM
people really do view straightedge people as violent.

eastcoastSXEkid
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
violence is not meant to be a part of straight edge.

Why not? I get joy out of violence

straightXed
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM

do you think those on the recieving end get joy?

xsecx
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM

from the roid rage?

xJoeyNormalx
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Basically, in order to claim Edge, you must have killed either one druggie, two smokers or three drinkers. Then you get taught the secret handshake and branded with The Mark Of The X on your balls and truly initiated into the scene.

Jon
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
i think beating people up for edge or whatnot is ridiculous. thats considered hate edge. but there has been one occasion when someone over my house attempted to spike my drink but i found out from another friend before i drank it, and then proceeded to beat the shit out of the kid that did it.

XTILLDEATHX
04-05-2005, 10:10 AM
people really do view straightedge people as violent.

there was an interveiw with a few sXe people on 20/20 and it made all of us to look like violent gang members.. it was totally rediculous.. they had about 3 or 4 sXe people in the room telling them over and over agian that it isnt based on violence and that we are not a gang, and it was basically just diregarded and they kept saying it over and over... i have the link for you all to read what was said if you would like...

http://toefur.com/straightedge/articles/2020.html

xsecx
04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
there was an interveiw with a few sXe people on 20/20 and it made all of us to look like violent gang members.. it was totally rediculous.. they had about 3 or 4 sXe people in the room telling them over and over agian that it isnt based on violence and that we are not a gang, and it was basically just diregarded and they kept saying it over and over... i have the link for you all to read what was said if you would like...

http://toefur.com/straightedge/articles/2020.html

it was also a very long time ago at this point.
it had more to do with courage crew being on rolanda, and the bombings and knivings that were happening in slc at about the same time.

XprennaX
04-07-2005, 07:13 AM

Spoken like someone who's never encountered real violence.

gypsydance6184
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Now, see I am looking into this straight edge thing cause I have known people who claim to be straight edge and they do react violently to people who are smoking or drinking. Especially here in cincinnati. If anyone has any information about these Courage Crew people I would love to hear it. Cause last time I checked, it wasn't punk to force your ideas on other people violently.

xsecx
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Now, see I am looking into this straight edge thing cause I have known people who claim to be straight edge and they do react violently to people who are smoking or drinking. Especially here in cincinnati. If anyone has any information about these Courage Crew people I would love to hear it. Cause last time I checked, it wasn't punk to force your ideas on other people violently.

#1, the courage crew are straight edge, however they do not represent the majority of people and aren't nearly what they once were. Every group with beliefs has militants, straight edge is no different.

#2, straight edge isn't punk, it's a reaction TO punk. http://www.straightedge.com provides a pretty good history on it.