PDA

View Full Version : Now this is pissing me off.

xImmortalx
03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I just got a new boyfriend a week or so ago. He's graet...exept he's really into sex. He knows I'm sXe and he respects it and isn't trying to presser me into anything..(yet?).

The problem is, his freinds are assholes. They are making fun of him because he is going out with "a straight edge". That is how the adress me now even. And apperently I'm not human anymore...I'm just "a straight edge".
And they mess with him saying "your not getting anything cus she's a straight edge". And its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damnit! I commited to this! It was MY choice! Its one thing to discriminate against me for it or make fun of me, but they are messing with him now, and thats just not fair!
He IS the one who asked me, and he DID say he would respect me being edge..(even though I know he doesnt like it), but they shouldn't bug him about it!
He is close to them, so its not like he can just go tell them to go crawl in a whole and die or anything either. So I just feel bad I'm putting him in this position.
He smokes, but very rarely arround me, and his friends are mad at me because he won't do pot anymore...or drink.

I just...want to scream!! I dont even know how to handle this...any advice?

straightXed
03-09-2005, 06:09 PM
I just got a new boyfriend a week or so ago. He's graet...exept he's really into sex. He knows I'm sXe and he respects it and isn't trying to presser me into anything..(yet?).

The problem is, his freinds are assholes. They are making fun of him because he is going out with "a straight edge". That is how the adress me now even. And apperently I'm not human anymore...I'm just "a straight edge".
And they mess with him saying "your not getting anything cus she's a straight edge". And its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damnit! I commited to this! It was MY choice! Its one thing to discriminate against me for it or make fun of me, but they are messing with him now, and thats just not fair!
He IS the one who asked me, and he DID say he would respect me being edge..(even though I know he doesnt like it), but they shouldn't bug him about it!
He is close to them, so its not like he can just go tell them to go crawl in a whole and die or anything either. So I just feel bad I'm putting him in this position.
He smokes, but very rarely arround me, and his friends are mad at me because he won't do pot anymore...or drink.

I just...want to scream!! I dont even know how to handle this...any advice?

His friends are gonna give him shit no matter what, thats what friends do at that age, let them know that its nothing to do with straightedge and its just your personal choice, because no one else here has any problems with being straightedge and having sex. Not sure what you actually commited to but this really isn't a straightedge issue this is about you and how you feel about sex - straightedge is not a vow of celibacy, thats nuns/monks. I'm not suggesting by any means that you have sex when you don't feel comfortable with it but perhaps you should have a serious look at where you stand on sex honnestly without any supposed external commitment, it might help. Also check out the rest of the site and ask any questions you may have.

xsecx
03-09-2005, 06:58 PM
this will not end well.

Azmodan
03-11-2005, 08:37 PM
this will not end well.

Another thing for us to agree on...

xImmortalx
03-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Well, no sex before marrage is kinda what I'm shooting for. But its not just about the sex anymore. Its about drugs too. He used to do drugs a lot (from what I hear) but now he won't, even when I'm not there and he's just around his freinds and so his friends blame me for it...and I guess then hate me for it too. They are still assholes about it, (sex and drug wise), when I'm there or not there.

xsecx
03-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, no sex before marrage is kinda what I'm shooting for. But its not just about the sex anymore. Its about drugs too. He used to do drugs a lot (from what I hear) but now he won't, even when I'm not there and he's just around his freinds and so his friends blame me for it...and I guess then hate me for it too. They are still assholes about it, (sex and drug wise), when I'm there or not there.
dude is going to either need to get new friends or not. nothing you can really do about it, but chances are he won't and you'll probably end up hurt.

also might want to shoot for no sex until you're ready vs no sex until you're married.

xImmortalx
03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
dude is going to either need to get new friends or not. nothing you can really do about it, but chances are he won't and you'll probably end up hurt.

also might want to shoot for no sex until you're ready vs no sex until you're married.
yeah. I thought about that after my last post. I think thats what I'm going to do.
Well, I've got things under control for now.
Thanks guys.

Azmodan
03-14-2005, 07:00 PM

You don't really put things lightly do ya... You love getting the point across eh?

xsecx
03-14-2005, 07:10 PM
You don't really put things lightly do ya... You love getting the point across eh?
why would I put that lightly?

xResolvex
03-14-2005, 08:57 PM

if someone says they want to not have sex until marriage i believe that is a wonderful commitment for them. While i dont share the same belief, i wouldnt tell anyone otherwise because it makes it seem like everyone that is like you is doing it.

xxx
jared

xsecx
03-14-2005, 09:04 PM
if someone says they want to not have sex until marriage i believe that is a wonderful commitment for them. While i dont share the same belief, i wouldnt tell anyone otherwise because it makes it seem like everyone that is like you is doing it.

xxx
jared

and I think it's a horrible mistake to go into marriage a virgin and to have not explored your own sexuality.

xResolvex
03-14-2005, 09:32 PM
and I think it's a horrible mistake to go into marriage a virgin and to have not explored your own sexuality.
if you say that then you must also think that its a terrible choice to become edge without exploring the world of drugs. same coin, different sides.

xsecx
03-15-2005, 06:08 AM
if you say that then you must also think that its a terrible choice to become edge without exploring the world of drugs. same coin, different sides.

because drugs are a healthy and normal part of everyones life?

xSouthernEdgex
03-15-2005, 07:47 AM

He owns the site he can do whatever the Hell he wants.

xResolvex
03-15-2005, 09:02 AM
its sad that you would rollover and agree with what he says just because he is the owner.

i am a christian, you know this already. i dont believe that sex is a "healthy and normal part of everyday life" because it was given to us by God to be shared in an intimate relationship. While others think this can only mean marriage, I believe that you should have a lasting and comfortable relationship - otherwise it is no longer special or sacred, but just "a healthy and normal part of everyday life".

xsecx
03-15-2005, 09:11 AM
its sad that you would rollover and agree with what he says just because he is the owner.

i am a christian, you know this already. i dont believe that sex is a "healthy and normal part of everyday life" because it was given to us by God to be shared in an intimate relationship. While others think this can only mean marriage, I believe that you should have a lasting and comfortable relationship - otherwise it is no longer special or sacred, but just "a healthy and normal part of everyday life".

can you read? everyone's life. not everyday life.

xResolvex
03-15-2005, 09:16 AM
ok so i made one error, chalk that up next to your glaring argument holes.

i dont find it to be a normal part of my life. when i had sex it was very special to me and i believe i am a better person for not sleeping around. I dont respect sluts.

xsecx
03-15-2005, 09:18 AM
ok so i made one error, chalk that up next to your glaring argument holes.

i dont find it to be a normal part of my life. when i had sex it was very special to me and i believe i am a better person for not sleeping around. I dont respect sluts.
you've made more than one error. and you're massively prone to incorrect assumptions.

so if you have had sex, how exactly isn't it a normal part of your life? How exactly isn't it a normal part of healthy relationships? And I'm glad that you don't respect sluts, now how exactly are you so sure that I promote sleeping around or do it myself?

xResolvex
03-15-2005, 09:23 AM
you've made more than one error. and you're massively prone to incorrect assumptions.

so if you have had sex, how exactly isn't it a normal part of your life? How exactly isn't it a normal part of healthy relationships? And I'm glad that you don't respect sluts, now how exactly are you so sure that I promote sleeping around or do it myself?
you said you think people should explore their sexual identities before marriage, and disagree with my viewpoint on promiscuous sex. You support people sleeping around.

its not a normal part of my life because i dont treat it as "just another thing". Sex is and was special to me.

xsecx
03-15-2005, 09:32 AM
you said you think people should explore their sexual identities before marriage, and disagree with my viewpoint on promiscuous sex. You support people sleeping around.

its not a normal part of my life because i dont treat it as "just another thing". Sex is and was special to me.

so it's not possible to explore your sexuality within a relationship?

I disagreed that promiscious sex had anything to do with straight edge, that doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea. You made the incorrect assumption. There are lots of things that I don't think are good ideas, but that doesn't mean they have anything to do with straight edge. so how exactly am I supporting people sleeping around?

xResolvex
03-15-2005, 09:36 AM
you support sxe youth sleeping around by saying that it is ok, that it has nothing to do with living edge. im simply saying it is part of straightedge and that its not ok even if you arent edge.

xsecx
03-15-2005, 09:42 AM
you support sxe youth sleeping around by saying that it is ok, that it has nothing to do with living edge. im simply saying it is part of straightedge and that its not ok even if you arent edge.

are you seriously insane? how am I supporting sxe youth sleeping around? Where have I actually said that? How is saying that something has nothing to do with living edge automatically mean that I think it's ok or it's a good idea?

straightXed
03-15-2005, 11:57 AM

Hey crazy boy, i don't think sleeping around is cool but its not a straightedge issue.

xdaddydaycorex
03-15-2005, 12:13 PM
this will not end well.

how right you were. you know it's kinda funny, what are all these new kids gonna do when they really realize true straightedge has nothing to do with sex, i wonder if they will just start humping like bunnies OR if they will use their own minds and decide for themselves if sex is right for them at this point in their life or not. I wish them all luck.

Azmodan
03-19-2005, 03:19 PM
why would I put that lightly?

You could hurt someones feelings?

I never said anything about him being the owner -_-
I obviously respect him for that, but i also respect others just as much. I was just saying that he can put something more lightly to not (possibly, depends on person) hurt their feelings...

xsecx
03-19-2005, 04:18 PM
You could hurt someones feelings?

unless I'm being straight up rude, I'm not particularly concerned about someones feelings, especially in matters such as these. given the situation as described it probably won't turn out well, so why should I say anything otherwise? Why should I sugarcoat it? IF something is most likely going to turn to shit, why should you present the situation as anything other than that?

prolixepithet
03-23-2005, 09:15 AM
His friends are gonna give him shit no matter what, thats what friends do at that age

Lets change that to at any age. It is a guys best friends' job to keep him level headed.

xsecx
03-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Lets change that to at any age. It is a guys best friends' job to keep him level headed.

you're joking right?

straightXed
03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Lets change that to at any age.

lets not.