PDA

View Full Version : i got 2 questions for you guys and gals

xacoix
02-19-2005, 09:06 AM
i have 2 questions for you guys, is laying next to a girl/woman considered sex or not allowed or whatever, i wasn't sure on this.

also, i don't cut personally, but i just wanted to know if cutting isn't allowed by sxe, i thought it wasn't but i am not too sure on this either

thanks for all the help,
the new guy

rodrigo
02-19-2005, 10:13 AM
What's Cutting?

xsecx
02-19-2005, 10:29 AM
i have 2 questions for you guys, is laying next to a girl/woman considered sex or not allowed or whatever, i wasn't sure on this.

if it was, would it matter?

also, i don't cut personally, but i just wanted to know if cutting isn't allowed by sxe, i thought it wasn't but i am not too sure on this either

why would or wouldn't it be?

straightXed
02-19-2005, 11:27 AM
What's Cutting?

Self harm originally but its become fashionable.

straightXed
02-19-2005, 11:28 AM
So this makes me wonder, if you lay next to someone without their consent is it rape?

xdaddydaycorex
02-19-2005, 01:00 PM

yes thats what we call hardcore sex. but because its hardcore style it's allowed.

thanks for all the help,
the new guy

cutting is totally edge!!! where do you think the word STRAIGHTEDGE came from anyway ( think razor) yeah all the early kids from DC and Boston would use straightedge razors to cut X's into their hands before going out to scalp hippies before going to the shows. now people just use magic markers for the X's cause the scene is much softer than it used to be.

hope i cleared things up for you.

xsecx
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
yes thats what we call hardcore sex. but because its hardcore style it's allowed.

cutting is totally edge!!! where do you think the word STRAIGHTEDGE came from anyway ( think razor) yeah all the early kids from DC and Boston would use straightedge razors to cut X's into their hands before going out to scalp hippies before going to the shows. now people just use magic markers for the X's cause the scene is much softer than it used to be.

hope i cleared things up for you.
I can understand and appreciate the urge to make fun of people when they ask questions that one might find strange, but seriously guys, don't make fun of people. They're coming here to get answers to their questions, not to be made fun of or made to feel stupid for asking them.

xdaddydaycorex
02-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I can understand and appreciate the urge to make fun of people when they ask questions that one might find strange, but seriously guys, don't make fun of people. They're coming here to get answers to their questions, not to be made fun of or made to feel stupid for asking them.

point taken. sorry acoi. no ill will was intended. just having fun, i guess more at your expense so perhaps it's not the right kind of fun.

in real regard to your ?'s
...sex is alot more than lying next to someone. so if thats all thats going on your not having sex.
...cutting is just not healthy or very sane so while there is nothing historicaly linked to it's being a sxe no no, i would avoid it if at all possible.

again and much more sincere i say....hope that was helpful. and welcome to the board.

xacoix
02-19-2005, 06:56 PM
thanks for all of your responses, to those of you who made fun of my questions, no offense taken at all. i just assumed you guys were messin' around, no hard, no foul

i was pretty sure that cutting wasn't a sxe no no and that lying next to a girl wasn't sex, i was just making sure so that i could tell other people if they asked me, thanks for your help again

max
02-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, but it's no harm, no foul
If you just typed it wrong my apologies.

But yeah, cutting isn't really a positive thing to do. If you need some more constructive alternatives give me a shout and I can offer up quite a few.

Jon
03-18-2005, 11:24 AM
thanks for all of your responses, to those of you who made fun of my questions, no offense taken at all. i just assumed you guys were messin' around, no hard, no foul

i was pretty sure that cutting wasn't a sxe no no and that lying next to a girl wasn't sex, i was just making sure so that i could tell other people if they asked me, thanks for your help again
Yeah i never saw cutting as a very positive thing either. And i don't think lying next to someone is wrong. well,i dont think having sex isnt wrong either. I think it's okay when you're making love,but fucking is a whole different story.

straightXed
03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah i never saw cutting as a very positive thing either. And i don't think lying next to someone is wrong. well,i dont think having sex isnt wrong either. I think it's okay when you're making love,but fucking is a whole different story.

define love

SxEforChirst
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Alright Cutting is a hard one... some say yes others say no..

Cutting very much is self-destruction of the body and mind, and a little cut here or there can lead to bigger deeper more destructive cuts. When you cut part of your brain releases a chemical that makes you think more about the current state of your body instead of what made you cut in the first place, it also "makes" the person feel "good" in most cases. But this chemical actually this feel is very addictive.

So IMO it’s a act that harms the body, can lead to more self harm, and is addictive.
Not a Straight Edge Act IMO

XGeorgeX
04-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Ive been around the straight edge for a while and I will say when my girlfriend years back admitted she cut most of the people in our local scene were about getting her help. that stuff like what sxeforchrist said is true and most cutters are just as addicted as a druggie or a drunk. many go on to kill themselves. If you know some one who is cutting get them some help I have seen that stuff go really really bad.

And I will say lying next to a girl is not sex. I will say waiting for marrage for sex is a sign of love and commitlent... yea lets define this Love

xsecx
04-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Alright Cutting is a hard one... some say yes others say no..

Cutting very much is self-destruction of the body and mind, and a little cut here or there can lead to bigger deeper more destructive cuts. When you cut part of your brain releases a chemical that makes you think more about the current state of your body instead of what made you cut in the first place, it also "makes" the person feel "good" in most cases. But this chemical actually this feel is very addictive.

So IMO it’s a act that harms the body, can lead to more self harm, and is addictive.
Not a Straight Edge Act IMO

so anything that is self harming and/or potentially addictive is not straight edge?

Xx-Ky-xX
04-07-2005, 06:22 AM

thanks for all the help,
the new guy
Quick question why would you think laying next to a girl is having sex?

codie
05-01-2005, 12:42 AM
so anything that is self harming and/or potentially addictive is not straight edge?

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

Here's a good way to look at things. There's this way of looking at things called 'situational ethics.' The name implies it all, that all ethics should be based on the current situation. A smaller branch off of that has you ask yourself 'would I want or allow anyone else to make the decision I'm about to make in this current situation.' Say you use this for drinking (hypothetically, of course). You want to know if you should drink. Ask yourself. No, you don't want to, because alcohol affects some people in such a negative way the inflict harm on themselves and others.

You can use it for cutting, also. No, you wouldn't want to, because some people get addicted to it and might kill themselves eventually, devastating people around them.

It's just a general rule of thumb to use on things like that.

sXeAlaska
05-01-2005, 04:14 AM

Here's a good way to look at things. There's this way of looking at things called 'situational ethics.' The name implies it all, that all ethics should be based on the current situation. A smaller branch off of that has you ask yourself 'would I want or allow anyone else to make the decision I'm about to make in this current situation.' Say you use this for drinking (hypothetically, of course). You want to know if you should drink. Ask yourself. No, you don't want to, because alcohol affects some people in such a negative way the inflict harm on themselves and others.

You can use it for cutting, also. No, you wouldn't want to, because some people get addicted to it and might kill themselves eventually, devastating people around them.

Good rule. I like it.

xsecx
05-01-2005, 08:35 AM

yeah, but that's to decide what you should and shouldn't do not what is and what isn't included in straight edge.