PDA

View Full Version : crippled youth

container28
02-15-2005, 02:31 PM
hi everybody, newbie here, so please don't be too hard on me. ;-0
recently heard stuff by a band called crippled youth... well, the sound and lyrics moved me greatly. i was told CY was the original name of bold. i'm not sure if it was a demo or record. the lyrics i remembered were "i can put Xs on my hand... it's not to be cool it's part of who I am... you can (something) when you're (something)..." and that's all I remembered. what is that?

xsecx
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
hi everybody, newbie here, so please don't be too hard on me. ;-0
recently heard stuff by a band called crippled youth... well, the sound and lyrics moved me greatly. i was told CY was the original name of bold. i'm not sure if it was a demo or record. the lyrics i remembered were "i can put Xs on my hand... it's not to be cool it's part of who I am... you can (something) when you're (something)..." and that's all I remembered. what is that?
it was a 7".

Too many kids are screwed up
No alternative, no hope
Too many kids act like dicks
They've got no reason
They've got no hope

Why do they do it
They've lost their minds
Society's victim
The system fucked up their mind
Not enough brains in their head
Before they learn
They're already dead

See the X's on my hand
It's not to be cool, it's who I am
You can put X's on your hand
When you're in control and in command

Why do they do it
They've lost their minds
Society's victim
The system fucked up their mind
Not enough brains in their head
Before they learn
They're already dead

Walk tall, walk straight

container28
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
thanks for that. so it was their original 7" then... was it ever released on disc?

xsecx
02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
thanks for that. so it was their original 7" then... was it ever released on disc?
I don't think so, and you'll probably have a really really hard time finding it on 7", since it wasn't that popular and at this point is semi obscure.