PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis and MORE hXc hip-hop.

XSageXKILLSX
02-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Am i the only one that listens to hxc hip-hop??? i love atmosphere!!!! and sage francis and eyedea and soul position....

its just soooooo real. i love it... am i alone on this one??

xsecx
02-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Am i the only one that listens to hxc hip-hop??? i love atmosphere!!!! and sage francis and eyedea and soul position....

its just soooooo real. i love it... am i alone on this one??
no you're not. but there's nothing hxc about it. hardcore is hardcore, hip hop is hip hop

XSageXKILLSX
02-06-2005, 08:09 PM
actually... its straight deep poetry and 95% of the people thaT listen to the people i listed are hXc and mosh and everything...

Sage Francis is signed to Epitaph which is a punk label...

do some research dude.

xsecx
02-06-2005, 08:12 PM
actually... its straight deep poetry and 95% of the people thaT listen to the people i listed are hXc and mosh and everything...

do some research dude.
your point is what? hardcore is a style of music, if it doesn't sound like hardcore, it's not hardcore.
epitaph hasn't now, or ever had anything to do with hardcore, so I don't understand how that illustrates your point at all. Is it underground? yes. Is it different? yes. Is it hardcore? no.

xdaddydaycorex
02-07-2005, 03:39 PM

do some research dude.

i saw a billboard this weekend for sage francis. i had never heard of them/him? ( i live in a van down by the river) but from the title and design i said to my wife (who had been the one to bring the billboard to my attention because our daughters middle name is francis); "looks like another straightedge band honey". Then went home and saw a commercial for sage francis on the cable rap station. Which promted, " Hey quess what ? That sage francis we saw earlier can't be a straightedge band, because they're rap." .

glad to hear i was right.

straightXed
02-07-2005, 05:08 PM
I like sage francis, but its plainly not hardcore.