PDA

View Full Version : the modest throwdown says it all

SgtD
01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
wow, i feel very cornered right now. i want to run out of the world, i don't want to be destroyed by the most brutal album of 2005.....

Here's what vocalist Dave Peters says about the new album:
"We want to remind the hardcore and metal world what this music is and isn't about, because some people seem to have forgotten. We wrote these songs to crush all the trendy bullshit out there, and we're going to do just that... We make it a point to make each record twice as brutal as the one that preceded it and we were worried that we couldn't do that after 'Haymaker.' But two weeks into the writing process for 'Vendetta,' we just had to laugh. These songs destroy that album... We're making the heaviest record of 2005, unless Meshuggah goes into the studio, then we'll be making the second heaviest record of the year... Everyone has that one or two special records that makes them want to punish everyone that ever wronged them. We want to make that record for today's hardcore and metal kids. An album that does what Pantera's 'Vulgar Display Of Power' and Sepultura's 'Chaos A.D.' did for us. We won't be satisfied until we've made that album."

pathetic. throwdown should realise they are also responsible for some of the "trendy bullshit out there"

xsecx
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
wow, i feel very cornered right now. i want to run out of the world, i don't want to be destroyed by the most brutal album of 2005.....

Here's what vocalist Dave Peters says about the new album:
"We want to remind the hardcore and metal world what this music is and isn't about, because some people seem to have forgotten. We wrote these songs to crush all the trendy bullshit out there, and we're going to do just that... We make it a point to make each record twice as brutal as the one that preceded it and we were worried that we couldn't do that after 'Haymaker.' But two weeks into the writing process for 'Vendetta,' we just had to laugh. These songs destroy that album... We're making the heaviest record of 2005, unless Meshuggah goes into the studio, then we'll be making the second heaviest record of the year... Everyone has that one or two special records that makes them want to punish everyone that ever wronged them. We want to make that record for today's hardcore and metal kids. An album that does what Pantera's 'Vulgar Display Of Power' and Sepultura's 'Chaos A.D.' did for us. We won't be satisfied until we've made that album."

pathetic. throwdown should realise they are also responsible for some of the "trendy bullshit out there"
I'm glad they talk about metal bands and talk about hardcore kids. I also wonder if they will have brutal hair and brutal womens jeans to go along with their brutal new album?

xNick43543X
01-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm glad they talk about metal bands and talk about hardcore kids. I also wonder if they will have brutal hair and brutal womens jeans to go along with their brutal new album?
lmao

XAngry CodgerX
01-20-2005, 12:06 AM

Throwdown are a bunch of posers trying to make straightedge cool. Not cool because it is a good way to live your life, but cool because you can get girls if you are in a band and straightedge. Dorks.