PDA

View Full Version : straight edge

im_not_sxe77
12-30-2004, 09:49 PM
all you hardcore straight edge loving kids, have you ever fucking heard of minor threat? do you know that the person who invented straight edge isnt edge anymore, drop the edge for life shit, straight edge also has nothing to do with liking hardcore. hardcore music sucks

xsecx
12-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by im_not_sxe77
all you hardcore straight edge loving kids, have you ever fucking heard of minor threat? do you know that the person who invented straight edge isnt edge anymore, drop the edge for life shit, straight edge also has nothing to do with liking hardcore. hardcore music sucks

well you've clearly demonstrated that you're an expert on all things that you're not. You really should learn how to express yourself without run on sentances and actually attempt to make sense.

xsecx
12-30-2004, 11:18 PM
also pretending to be way older than you actually are, pretty lame.

http://www.withoutacause.net/bios/Jeramy_bio.jpg

come on jeremy. 1977? No one would even believe 1987.

straightXed
12-31-2004, 01:46 AM
Oooo a disgruntled punk, i'm sure going to take his word on what i should listen too. And what a revelation, someone edge isn't anymore, definitely a reason for me to stop being edge there!! Who is this mysterious minor threat you speak of? Do they hold the holy grail, i wonder if any other hardcore kids have heard of them?

p.s. Punk died, theres no reason for you to dress that way at all anymore.

SgtD
12-31-2004, 04:48 AM
hardcore music sucks? why do you listen to minor threat then?
oh and just wanted you to know: they didn't invent straight edge.
you are pathetic

straightXed
12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Just for those who are way to simple to understand sarcasm, i am well aware of who minor threat are and exactly what they did in relation to straightedge.

xvunderx
12-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by xsecx

How about 97?

straightXed
12-31-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by xvunderx
How about 97?

yeah i think i saw him on the 97 episode of i love the nineties!

in_my_heart
01-01-2005, 01:06 AM
I am not exactly straight edge although I do not drink, smoke, do any kind of drugs and I prefer diet caffine free coke because it allows me to sleep better at night, but I have a great deal of respect for those who have fought for their beliefs within the straight edge community. I didn't know that much about straight edge until my old band, Losing Faith went to play a show in Dayton, OH @ El Diablos. When we got there I saw all these "X's" and all thesem people standing around outside talking like they all knew each other. It was different to me 'cuz I always saw people at other shows going in and doing their usual bull-shit like drinking and smoking and shit. The rest of my band was inside doing the same as they had always done, drink and smoke. By the way we were a metal band that had been asked to play by Mike Couls (former Cold as Life, Sworn Enemy, current Agents of Man). We already didn't fit in but I had no idea we didn't at the time. This was indeed a hard-core show with Suffocate Faster and many other awesome hard-core bands. When we took the stage and play our set, I was left scatching my head as to why no one in the entire place moved a muscle. Everyone stood there with their arms crossed and scowled at us. It sucked! Later I found out why. The rest of my band was walking around half drunk and blowing smoke through the entire venue. I guess this pissed a lot of people off and we ended up doing $0 in merch for that. Since then I have tried my hardest to study up on the straight edge scene and see what I can learn. I tend to HEAR a lot of bad mouthing, but until you actually witness the strength, honor, and pride of those who are down for life, you really have nothing more than an outside view on it. I said earlier I wouldn't consider myself straight edge and that's only because I am so new to the entire thing. I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us. So thank you to all of the straight edge and keep up the good fight!!!

SgtD
01-01-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by in_my_heart
I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us.
i don't think you do

xsecx
01-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by in_my_heart
I am not exactly straight edge although I do not drink, smoke, do any kind of drugs and I prefer diet caffine free coke because it allows me to sleep better at night, but I have a great deal of respect for those who have fought for their beliefs within the straight edge community. I didn't know that much about straight edge until my old band, Losing Faith went to play a show in Dayton, OH @ El Diablos. When we got there I saw all these "X's" and all thesem people standing around outside talking like they all knew each other. It was different to me 'cuz I always saw people at other shows going in and doing their usual bull-shit like drinking and smoking and shit. The rest of my band was inside doing the same as they had always done, drink and smoke. By the way we were a metal band that had been asked to play by Mike Couls (former Cold as Life, Sworn Enemy, current Agents of Man). We already didn't fit in but I had no idea we didn't at the time. This was indeed a hard-core show with Suffocate Faster and many other awesome hard-core bands. When we took the stage and play our set, I was left scatching my head as to why no one in the entire place moved a muscle. Everyone stood there with their arms crossed and scowled at us. It sucked! Later I found out why. The rest of my band was walking around half drunk and blowing smoke through the entire venue. I guess this pissed a lot of people off and we ended up doing $0 in merch for that. Since then I have tried my hardest to study up on the straight edge scene and see what I can learn. I tend to HEAR a lot of bad mouthing, but until you actually witness the strength, honor, and pride of those who are down for life, you really have nothing more than an outside view on it. I said earlier I wouldn't consider myself straight edge and that's only because I am so new to the entire thing. I do however tell everyone I meet that drinks and smokes and disagrees with the whole straight edge scene out of sheer ignorance that they need to just walk off a building and stop wasting blood and air for the rest of us. So thank you to all of the straight edge and keep up the good fight!!!

this is the first time someone has told a story like that it didn't end with "and after the show they came out after us and jumped us!"
the sad part is the story that you've just told is norm and the other for the most part is an internet fairy tale.

xsecx
01-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by straightXed
Just for those who are way to simple to understand sarcasm, i am well aware of who minor threat are and exactly what they did in relation to straightedge.

http://xradicalx.blogspot.com/

straightXed
01-01-2005, 12:37 PM
http://xradicalx.blogspot.com/

It truly amazes me.

sabresnmets
01-01-2005, 01:24 PM
wow, some people are truly as dumb as i like to make fun of. i think my five year old daughter would pick up on that sarcasm.

SgtD
01-01-2005, 02:41 PM
dude is confused a bit

im_not_sxe77
01-02-2005, 10:02 AM
77 has nothing to do with the year i was born, if you dont know about 77 you dont need to know. ian mckaye from minor threat did start straight edge, no one can say differently

sabresnmets
01-02-2005, 10:04 AM
77 has nothing to do with the year i was born, if you dont know about 77 you dont need to know. ian mckaye from minor threat did start straight edge, no one can say differently

wow, no one can say differently. that really leaves room for discussion. since you said so, no one can say anything.

im_not_sxe77
01-02-2005, 10:04 AM
i have respect for people who are actually straight edge, but the people who made this site are idiots

xsecx
01-02-2005, 10:06 AM

dumbass, you listed your birthday as 1977.

minor threat named straight edge, they did not start it. they also haven't had anything to do with it since 1983. Your knowledge on the subject is shallow. if you're going to pretend to be an expert on the subject, you might want to at least spell mackaye right.

xsecx
01-02-2005, 10:09 AM
i have respect for people who are actually straight edge, but the people who made this site are idiots

so I'm not actually straight edge? how so?

straightXed
01-02-2005, 01:46 PM

Other people in minor threat can and do say differently. As well as other people in the straightedge scene as it came about, a movement adopted a name, ian did not make the movement, think of hios songs as a commentry of the mind set of the scene at that time.

straightXed
01-02-2005, 01:48 PM

That makes no sense, you obviously know nothing about straightedge.

xdaddydaycorex
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
you dont know anything about the people or person who made this site so may i suggest that it is You who is the real idiot here. if you really had respect for people who were sxe you would think twice about insulting them.

daytonohsxe
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I hate people like that.

im_not_sxe77
01-08-2005, 11:41 PM
im not going to put my birthday on here, the only reason i signed up for this was to tell you guys what dumbass's you are, minor threat is 100% responsible for straight edge. You are so fucking stupid.

im_not_sxe77
01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
i am going to fight each and everyone of you, email me for place and time

sabresnmets
01-09-2005, 01:58 AM
wow im not scared.

xsecx
01-09-2005, 08:43 AM
im not going to put my birthday on here, the only reason i signed up for this was to tell you guys what dumbass's you are, minor threat is 100% responsible for straight edge. You are so fucking stupid.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but your website gives away far more information than you do, you dumbass.

xsecx
01-09-2005, 10:44 AM

seriously jeremy, you're not beating up anyone.

sabresnmets
01-09-2005, 11:14 AM
yeah i think even i could take you, and thats not a good thing.

coldfrenchfries
02-24-2005, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't talk if I were you. You don't know anything about the people who run this site, dumbass

SgtD
02-24-2005, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't talk if I were you. You don't know anything about the people who run this site, dumbass
how do you know what i know?

**SARA**
02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
but yeah i really do not know what to say but i really do not like minor threat buit anyways i have a short story i was at school and me and my friend decided to put X's on her hand and well everybody thought it sood for we take ecstasy how gay is that!?!

**SARA**
02-25-2005, 03:53 PM
by the way i 4got to say i guess this it's name is dumbass i guess ya know but yeah is it a he or she the shim has gotten me confused

straightXed
02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
by the way i 4got to say i guess this it's name is dumbass i guess ya know but yeah is it a he or she the shim has gotten me confused

I don't know what this post says?!

straightXed
02-25-2005, 04:24 PM
but yeah i really do not know what to say but i really do not like minor threat buit anyways i have a short story i was at school and me and my friend decided to put X's on her hand and well everybody thought it sood for we take ecstasy how gay is that!?!

I don't know, could you please tell us all how gay that is?

coldfrenchfries
03-02-2005, 03:54 PM
A little off the subject Sara.