PDA

View Full Version : dusty and viv.

flame_still_burns
12-28-2004, 07:28 PM
are you going to the verse/heave heart show on wednesday?

i'm heading up there with rich miles. (who i think i remember you guys sorta knowing)

anyway. you should go. let me know if you are and i'll look for you there.

i just realized this coulda been a PM...but who cares.

xsecx
12-28-2004, 09:28 PM
yeah we met him at a mutual friends wedding and he was at least dating somone viv hung out with.

we might go, viv's got catalogs that have to go to shops this week and I've been moved around at work so I don't know if it'll be a late night or what. I want to go and see both versus and have a heart, but the fact that it's in md doesn't help matters.

xsecx
12-29-2004, 10:02 PM
how was the show?

I ended up getting anally raped by work and just got home.

SgtD
12-30-2004, 05:55 AM
yeah! how was the show?

flame_still_burns
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
it was awesome.

have heart and verse were amazing.

guns up covered side by side.

have heart covered inside out.

i have no voice left.

i rode over there with the drummer of 86 mentality and he locked his keys in the car...and we had to wait at the club for almost two extra hours. that was the only thing that sucked.

xsecx
12-30-2004, 10:07 AM
you have no idea how bitter I am that I had to miss it.

SgtD
12-31-2004, 04:31 AM
i hope they get here someday

Straightedgecat
01-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
it was awesome.

have heart and verse were amazing.

guns up covered side by side.

have heart covered inside out.

i have no voice left.

i rode over there with the drummer of 86 mentality and he locked his keys in the car...and we had to wait at the club for almost two extra hours. that was the only thing that sucked. how do you know so many people? because you were saying you rode over with the drummer of 86 mentality and you said you were talkiong to the guys from the first step in another post. i was just wondering how you know so many people, i mean your a cool guy but how do all these people know your such a cool guy? im friends with all the local bands but not much else..
ps. your daughters must think your a cool daddy.

straightXed
01-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Straightedgecat
how do you know so many people? because you were saying you rode over with the drummer of 86 mentality and you said you were talkiong to the guys from the first step in another post. i was just wondering how you know so many people, i mean your a cool guy but how do all these people know your such a cool guy? im friends with all the local bands but not much else..

Its because of his mafia connections.

flame_still_burns
01-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Straightedgecat
how do you know so many people? because you were saying you rode over with the drummer of 86 mentality and you said you were talkiong to the guys from the first step in another post. i was just wondering how you know so many people, i mean your a cool guy but how do all these people know your such a cool guy? im friends with all the local bands but not much else..

well. i suppose for starters... i've been involved in hardcore for most if not all of your life. i have also put on hundreds of shows and that is one of the best way to make connections.

but in all seriousness...

hardcore is about accessability. if anyone is in a band that i can't email and ask a few questions of or walk up to after a show and shoot the shit, then they are likely not a band that i wanna get that into. so what i'm saying is that i'm not cool... i'm just like any other kid. granted i may be older and get a couple of extra cool points from people for the bands i've seen... but you could be doing the same thing.

for instance... i recorded back up vocals on the blue monday LP coming out on bridge 9. i started talking with the bass player via email and he mentioned they were recording in nyc and i happen to work there. i said 'okay... call me up when you are recording the gang vocals... i wanna be on that shit' and he said okay. if i had not asked, then i'd have never done it. now i met all of those guys and have some contacts in the pacific northwest.

my daughters do not think i'm cool because of hardcore.

straightXed
01-03-2005, 10:06 AM
well. i suppose for starters... i've been involved in hardcore for most if not all of your life. i have also put on hundreds of shows and that is one of the best way to make connections.

hardcore is about accessability. if anyone is in a band that i can't email and ask a few questions of or walk up to after a show and shoot the shit, then they are likely not a band that i wanna get that into. so what i'm saying is that i'm not cool... i'm just like any other kid. granted i may be older and get a couple of extra cool points from people for the bands i've seen... but you could be doing the same thing.

for instance... i recorded back up vocals on the blue monday LP coming out on bridge 9. i started talking with the bass player via email and he mentioned they were recording in nyc and i happen to work there. i said 'okay... call me up when you are recording the gang vocals... i wanna be on that shit' and he said okay. if i had not asked, then i'd have never done it. now i met all of those guys and have some contacts in the pacific northwest.

my daughters do not think i'm cool because of hardcore.

Tell your daughters your in the mafia.

Straightedgecat
01-03-2005, 11:15 AM

my daughters do not think i'm cool because of hardcore. yea i remember your saying you put together some shows.. i do the same (only im a littl younger) but i just have a little chat with the people from some bands if they were good..and i have met some really nice people that way..
did you used to work in NYC or do you still? because i thought you lived down south.
i agree with ed tell your daughters your in the mafia they'll either fear you or think your cool