PDA

View Full Version : Hardline?

Straightedgecat
11-08-2004, 09:30 PM
I know dusty or steven can deffiently answere this one fore me..

Hardline: What is it?? What isnt it?? Explain this for me, i know we brought this topic up in a thread almost a year ago

flame_still_burns
11-08-2004, 11:27 PM
well.

it was sort of a philosophy that developed in the early 90's out of straight edge and veganism. but took it to such an extreme it's difficult to label it left or right wing. i'm sure you can find the manifesto somewhere if you look.

basically, hardline preached a straight edge, vegan, pro-life doctrine with the use of violence to achieve these goals. it was a lot of talk and very little action. it's epicenter was memphis, and a record label released a handful of records by vegan reich, raid, and statement. none are so memorable that you should trip over yourself trying to find them.

it took itself way too seriously. talking about a vegan society and those who eat animals being exterminated and things like that. i suppose that's one of the reasons it petered out. kids get into hardcore because it's fun, and it didn't seem like being hardline was much fun.

flame_still_burns
11-08-2004, 11:28 PM
http://veganrevolution.free.fr/documents/hardline.html

the manifesto.

*yawn*

straightXed
11-09-2004, 04:43 AM
right above this thread is a sticky thread called "what is hardline?"

Straightedgecat
11-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
well.

it was sort of a philosophy that developed in the early 90's out of straight edge and veganism. but took it to such an extreme it's difficult to label it left or right wing. i'm sure you can find the manifesto somewhere if you look.

basically, hardline preached a straight edge, vegan, pro-life doctrine with the use of violence to achieve these goals. it was a lot of talk and very little action. it's epicenter was memphis, and a record label released a handful of records by vegan reich, raid, and statement. none are so memorable that you should trip over yourself trying to find them.

it took itself way too seriously. talking about a vegan society and those who eat animals being exterminated and things like that. i suppose that's one of the reasons it petered out. kids get into hardcore because it's fun, and it didn't seem like being hardline was much fun. that pretty much explained it, i had an idea of what hardline and it was pretty much that.. but thanks for the explanation.. are the guys from earth crisis hardline?? because i know there vegan and very militant (not violently) but would they fall into the hardline catigory.