PDA

View Full Version : terror skateboard

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 12:55 PM
!!! TERROR has a skate out!!!
the deck is just the logo nose to tail. sick! i want it.
http://www.trustkill.com/bands/bios/images/terror_logo.gif

xaspirinx
11-05-2004, 01:28 PM
you're kidding...

and this deck is for use..??..or just for collecting..??..so the trucks have to be fixed on the E and O..??..and if you break its nose..then you don't have an TERROR deck anymore...but an ERROR deck...funny...*hihi*

xaspirinx
11-05-2004, 01:36 PM
...*hihi*...oh little confused girl...you mean a TERROR band deck...cause a friend of mine has a TERROR deck...but it must be a label or something like that...so I thought about a deck just made from letters..that was sick...well...but a TERROR deck...how unsensational..;)))...but well...with brokenn nose..it's just an ERROR deck, too...that's what really matters..:))

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by xaspirinx
...*hihi*...oh little confused girl...you mean a TERROR band deck...cause a friend of mine has a TERROR deck...but it must be a label or something like that...so I thought about a deck just made from letters..that was sick...well...but a TERROR deck...how unsensational..;)))...but well...with brokenn nose..it's just an ERROR deck, too...that's what really matters..:))
yeah not a terror Brand skateboard,
the Band TERROR has a skateboard.
and i thinks it's quite Sensational.

SgtD
11-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by xcyberkillx
yeah not a terror Brand skateboard,
the Band TERROR has a skateboard.
and i thinks it's quite Sensational.
well i guess it's only a matter of money to put out a band deck....

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by SgtD
well i guess it's only a matter of money to put out a band deck....
its only a matter of money to put out any deck. no money, no deck.

SgtD
11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
its only a matter of money to put out any deck. no money, no deck.
so that's why i think it's nothing special to put it out

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by SgtD
so that's why i think it's nothing special to put it out
it's a fucking TERROR deck! whats Not special about that?!

straightXed
11-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I think its fucking ridiculous.

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
I think its fucking ridiculous.

how is it different than wearing a shirt of a band you support?

straightXed
11-05-2004, 04:50 PM
how is it different than wearing a shirt of a band you support?

because its a fucking skateboard

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 04:57 PM
because its a fucking skateboard

so because its not the normal marketing tool used by most bands to promote themselves it's ridiculous?

straightXed
11-05-2004, 05:04 PM
so because its not the normal marketing tool used by most bands to promote themselves it's ridiculous?

pretty much, not because its not normal but because its a skateboard. Fuck off terror its just not cricket, or skateboarding. Now blag flag was really prominant in the skate scene and hank actually featured in magazines skating so there deck was kinda understandable back in the day - but terror, no, just no. Fucking dicks.

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 05:20 PM
pretty much, not because its not normal but because its a skateboard. Fuck off terror its just not cricket, or skateboarding. Now blag flag was really prominant in the skate scene and hank actually featured in magazines skating so there deck was kinda understandable back in the day - but terror, no, just no. Fucking dicks.

ok so you just dont like terror. thats cool.
personaly i would rather ride a J.F.A. skate (if i could find one ...bid on one awhile ago but it went for like 300.00, more than i was willing to pay)

so besides the fact you dont like them personaly, just because they (or any other band ) have no skate history they shouldnt have a skate?

henry rarely wore a shirt but there are plenty of black flag shirts.

straightXed
11-05-2004, 05:34 PM
ok so you just dont like terror. thats cool.
personaly i would rather ride a J.F.A. skate (if i could find one ...bid on one awhile ago but it went for like 300.00, more than i was willing to pay)

so besides the fact you dont like them personaly, just because they (or any other band ) have no skate history they shouldnt have a skate?

henry rarely wore a shirt but there are plenty of black flag shirts.

its got nothing to do with me liking terror and all to do with and all to do with having something to do with skateboarding.

Saying henry rarely wore a shirt is a lame ass argument, he wears shirts alot but a shirt and a skateboard is completely different.

Why a skateboard? its ridiculous, i mean if the band were all about skating and shit then perhaps i could understand but they are just riding on the cool factor of skateboarding for a buck or two, it displeases me greatly and to me it's just cheap and nasty.

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 06:38 PM
its got nothing to do with me liking terror and all to do with and all to do with having something to do with skateboarding.

Saying henry rarely wore a shirt is a lame ass argument, he wears shirts alot but a shirt and a skateboard is completely different.

Why a skateboard? its ridiculous, i mean if the band were all about skating and shit then perhaps i could understand but they are just riding on the cool factor of skateboarding for a buck or two, it displeases me greatly and to me it's just cheap and nasty.

henry and his lack of shirt wearing was a joke.

so your answer to my question,"... just because they (or any other band ) have no skate history they shouldnt have a skate?..., is a yes.

i dont agree that one form of benign marketing is more acceptable over another.
sure the band wants money. they also want exposure. they also want to please their fans. and some fans like to have something besides the traditional black band shirt to show their support. the punk rock skateboards have been very popular because fans of the bands want to have something they can relate directly to and use everyday(you cant wear the same shirt everyday ,i have tried) that shows others what and who they are into. it all strated when kids started putting stickers on their boards of their fav bands...it's only a natural ,albeit commercial, progression of that. just look at misfits fans , there are like 100's of stupid items on their catalog from incense to bicycles (and skateboards). but whos getting hurt? who's getting scamed? the fan gets their fill of tacky shit that they sport proudly and the band makes money. and sure maybe skateboarding has a cache' of coolness to it more so than ever before but who cares? ultimately it's good for skateboarding. if a kid who never would buy a skateboard buys a terror or aggression deck they are going to go buy some trucks and wheels and griptape and bearings too. i know alot of good honest people who are finally making some decent money in this business thanks to the 'coolness" factor of skateboarding and you know what? they aren't hurting anyone in the process. the kids stay happy the companies stay happy, the companies kids stay happy. where's the crime?

straightXed
11-05-2004, 06:48 PM
henry and his lack of shirt wearing was a joke.

so your answer to my question,"... just because they (or any other band ) have no skate history they shouldnt have a skate?..., is a yes.

i dont agree that one form of benign marketing is more acceptable over another.
sure the band wants money. they also want exposure. they also want to please their fans. and some fans like to have something besides the traditional black band shirt to show their support. the punk rock skateboards have been very popular because fans of the bands want to have something they can relate directly to and use everyday(you cant wear the same shirt everyday ,i have tried) that shows others what and who they are into. it all strated when kids started putting stickers on their boards of their fav bands...it's only a natural ,albeit commercial, progression of that. just look at misfits fans , there are like 100's of stupid items on their catalog from incense to bicycles (and skateboards). but whos getting hurt? who's getting scamed? the fan gets their fill of tacky shit that they sport proudly and the band makes money. and sure maybe skateboarding has a cache' of coolness to it more so than ever before but who cares? ultimately it's good for skateboarding. if a kid who never would buy a skateboard buys a terror or aggression deck they are going to go buy some trucks and wheels and griptape and bearings too. i know alot of good honest people who are finally making some decent money in this business thanks to the 'coolness" factor of skateboarding and you know what? they aren't hurting anyone in the process. the kids stay happy the companies stay happy, the companies kids stay happy. where's the crime?

The crime is the terror board, i hate it, i will always hate it. I don't care about the money in skateboarding, well until it has negative effects. If there was a wing chun skateboard i would not buy it, if there was an awesome hardcore band skateboard i would not buy it, if there was a skateboard by a skateboard company made for skateboarders i'd buy it.

Its all as dumb as that whole perferated griptape thing.

xdaddydaycorex
11-05-2004, 06:52 PM
The crime is the terror board, i hate it, i will always hate it. I don't care about the money in skateboarding, well until it has negative effects. If there was a wing chun skateboard i would not buy it, if there was an awesome hardcore band skateboard i would not buy it, if there was a skateboard by a skateboard company made for skateboarders i'd buy it.

cool. but are you sure you dont want this one?
http://www.fantasytoyland.com/nsg-620005-kf.html

straightXed
11-05-2004, 07:31 PM
cool. but are you sure you dont want this one?
http://www.fantasytoyland.com/nsg-620005-kf.html

there have been much better kung fu graphics on proper skateboards.

flame_still_burns
11-06-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah... the guy who makes these, luke, is pretty cool. i don't like terror. but i see no problem having a hardcore band on a skateboard. skateboarding and hardcore are linked, like it or not. these are runs of 50 or 100 decks... so it's not for mass advertising or anything.

http://www.bloodyknucklesskateboards.com/

xdaddydaycorex
11-06-2004, 12:17 PM
there have been much better kung fu graphics on proper skateboards.
'twas a joke my friend. i just thought the razor "X" meets "kung fu" was hilarious and had a goofy place in this exchange.

btw hows that online skate portfolio going? my hand in on the kosick hotline just waiting for your "go".

straightXed
11-06-2004, 12:45 PM
'twas a joke my friend. i just thought the razor "X" meets "kung fu" was hilarious and had a goofy place in this exchange.

btw hows that online skate portfolio going? my hand in on the kosick hotline just waiting for your "go".

i know it was a joke, like skateboard locks! Give me until january time, i got what i need to get my motordrive running again.

xdaddydaycorex
11-06-2004, 12:49 PM
i know it was a joke, like skateboard locks! Give me until january time, i got what i need to get my motordrive running again.
skateboard locks!!!????
damn, i gotta get me one of those i always park my deck in the worst parts of town!

looking forward to seeing them. im currently having my own photo site revamped and shit. i'll let you know when its up too.

xsecx
11-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
yeah... the guy who makes these, luke, is pretty cool. i don't like terror. but i see no problem having a hardcore band on a skateboard. skateboarding and hardcore are linked, like it or not. these are runs of 50 or 100 decks... so it's not for mass advertising or anything.

http://www.bloodyknucklesskateboards.com/

they're linked, but it'd make sense if it's a band like tragedy that was know for skate ties. I gotta agree with ed, it doesn't make sense to do stuff if the people in the band don't skate. like the AF and slapshot boards. I don't think roger or choke skate.

SgtD
11-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
they're linked, but it'd make sense if it's a band like tragedy that was know for skate ties. I gotta agree with ed, it doesn't make sense to do stuff if the people in the band don't skate. like the AF and slapshot boards. I don't think roger or choke skate.
they put out gbh decks last year, and gbh had nothing to do with skateboarding i guess...

straightXed
11-06-2004, 05:20 PM
the thing is it would make more sense in the now to make hip hop skateboards but it would still be daft, seeing a black flag deck still makes me laugh. The musical ties back then were very different than today but its not like terror or any of those bands are out to make quality skate products, it just seems silly to me, i mean i love it when theres links between hardcore and skating, i remember being completely stoked when i first got into 97a or when i first picked up stuff by no comply, or the 4 way split 7" with skate art and songs. When i read about stories of ian mackaye and henry rollins growing up skating together i think its cool and i laugh when i read about kids offering ian stupid ammounts of money for his old skateboard that picture on the minor threat records. I love there being links but this isn't an organic link and i think its sucky, i still get stoked when i see that early 90's world industries video - i forgot the name, but the dude put GB's new direction on his section, i mean skateboarding was part of the reason i got into hardcore, and i'm sure it works the other way too but not like that, not with a tacky board, its not needed and its just nicer when the ties don't work like that. I find it hard to verbalise exactly what i mean here but i talked to about this to all the kids in the shop today without prompting them, just asking like "would you like to have a skateboard with graphics of your favourite band or whatever?" and none of them were going for it maybe its just here?

Its like skate companies do put out boards in reference to what is generally tied in with it, i can't remember what company it was that put out a few Beastie boys deck's but it was cool you know because it was skateboarding propping the beasties. And like 97a used bones brigade art and quotes to prop skateboarding, this terror thing just to me seems like a hardcore band using skateboarding to prop their hardcore band and they don't skate, i mean i'm sure if you asked them they would say they did, but pretty much everyone "used to skate" - like every friday and saturday we used to get all the pissed up rugby players coming past our skate spots saying let us have a go, i used to skate" and then fall promptly on their ass. I dunno, i mean theres nothing i can do about it i guess thats just my opinion on it.