PDA

View Full Version : new to the site... just some stuff

spork
11-02-2004, 09:53 AM
i decided to be sXe about 2 years ago, my friends were doing some scary stuff and i needed a way to show them i didn't want to part of it. being sXe is great, but i need a way to explain it to my mom. she doesn't get that at fifteen I do have the pressures of drugs/drinking/sex. shes old fashoined, and doesn't like the whole "straight-edge business" i'm posting this now, because i just joinded the site and wanted to put a post and to try to find out if anyone had this same parental problem and how i can explain it. thanks

xsecx
11-02-2004, 09:56 AM
so she wants you to drink?

SgtD
11-02-2004, 10:46 AM
well my mom says she is proud that i'M sxe. my dad doesn't get it. yesterday i didn't eat supper cos i didn't felt so well, and my dad said' have a schnapps. that will help.'
i said i won't drink . then he said drink a whiskey than. i didn't answer that because it was clear that he didn't get it however he had a lot of time to realise i don't drink at all.
even every celebraton he asks if i want a champagne....
just ignore what your parents say. it's your choice. it's not a bad thing if someone doesn't drink
and being old fashioned doesn't mean she doesn't realise the threat of drugs i think

xdaddydaycorex
11-02-2004, 02:07 PM
just tell her that its a clean living life style that has been developed to help kids channel their energy in more positive less destructive ways than those usually accepted as the norm. ...and oh yeah, be sure to tell her it leads to the divine truth that is krishna consciousness it'self. that should put her right at ease.

xgregx
11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
explain to her what you stand for.

my parents are proud.
my sister thinks I am an idiot but I love her.

spork
11-03-2004, 07:14 AM
I think she just doesn't want me to draw attention to myself. She says she wonders why a fifteen-year-old girl would be having sex anyway. I think it scares her that all those things are available to me.

xsecx
11-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by spork
I think she just doesn't want me to draw attention to myself. She says she wonders why a fifteen-year-old girl would be having sex anyway. I think it scares her that all those things are available to me.

then unforunately she isn't paying enough attention to the world around her.

xchrisxxx
11-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Explain to her that times have changed, and that the world isn't as nice and happy as it used to be. Tell her that drugs, alcohol, and sex have become very mainstream, and you have decided not to be so mainstream. If she still doesn't understand, just tell her that you've decided it would be better for you not to drink, do drugs, or have promiscuous sex. Ask her if she'd prefer you to drink.. she's bound to say No.

xHellmox
11-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Try and convince your parents to go to a show!
Have them talk to some older kids who have been sXe for awhile.
That's what I did.

Straightedgecat
11-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by xHellmox
Try and convince your parents to go to a show!
Have them talk to some older kids who have been sXe for awhile.
That's what I did. thats a little wierd.. my mom is a guidence counceler so she knows all about straight edge and all the other stuff. but my dad was a little harder at first but hes a teacher to so hes with kids so he had an idea. and he never gave me a hard time. my 13 yr old brother kinda just sits back and watches it all but hes not in to any drugs/alcohol/sex because he lives a drug free lifestyle just he does not proclaim himself sXe becasue he dosnt listen to hardcore and he really is not into the whol straight edge movement but he would never touch any substances. and i see it as i am proud and my parents are proud that i am sXe because they know my younger brother can look up to somone who is not going to be into substances and is not likley to fall of the path.