PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Sorkpasen
10-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Have any of you peeps heard about Refused from sweden ???
if not .... you should look it up .... its worth it.

SgtD
10-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Sorkpasen

yeah. the shape of punk to come...
well it sucks.

xsecx
10-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Sorkpasen

they were pretty big outside of sweden, but not as big as they were in.

SgtD
10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
they were pretty big outside of sweden, but not as big as they were in.
actually i thought they are 'merican...

xsecx
10-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
actually i thought they are 'merican...

nope. it was weird. when they'd come here thy'd play like house shows, but apparently in sweden they'd play stadiums and shit.

the older stuff however is pretty damn good.

SgtD
10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
nope. it was weird. when they'd come here thy'd play like house shows, but apparently in sweden they'd play stadiums and shit.

the older stuff however is pretty damn good.

i first saw them on the fat wreck dvd compilation.
i thought they are huge in the u.s.

Kickafterpunch
10-21-2004, 02:55 PM
wait....are we talking about Refused...the ones that broke up and are now International Noise Conspiracy (thats the one that was pretyt big in U.S. SgtD). So are we all talkinga bou tthe same one...or is this another out of sweden?

xsecx
10-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Kickafterpunch
wait....are we talking about Refused...the ones that broke up and are now International Noise Conspiracy (thats the one that was pretyt big in U.S. SgtD). So are we all talkinga bou tthe same one...or is this another out of sweden?

same band, who is swedish.

SgtD
10-22-2004, 03:58 AM
haha
i'm not the only one....

Hoffen
10-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Kickafterpunch

Refused and (t)INC aren't the same band. I think it's only Dennis (the singer) that's been a member of both bands.

veganedge
10-23-2004, 09:39 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
you are right on there.

and yes Refused were from Umea, Sweden

I think the Refused DVD should be out soon. I don't understand how they broke up "because they didn't have anything more to say" and the INC is exactly the same message...

have any of you checked out Text by any chance, the band that the rest of the members went to? If so, what's it like?

Hoffen
10-24-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by veganedge
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
you are right on there.

and yes Refused were from Umea, Sweden

I think the Refused DVD should be out soon. I don't understand how they broke up "because they didn't have anything more to say" and the INC is exactly the same message...

have any of you checked out Text by any chance, the band that the rest of the members went to? If so, what's it like?

They didn't break up because they didn't have anything more to say. They broke up because they didn't think the aggressive music of Refused was an effective way of spreading their message. At least that is their official story.

veganedge
10-24-2004, 11:47 AM
oh awesome, that's just not what I read, but I no longer remember where I read that so it might not have been a reliable source.