PDA

View Full Version : crucial

veganedge
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
what's the meaning or significance of the word crucial??? Not definition (I know what it means) but applied towards sxe, because I have been straightedge for 5+ years now and have never heard it besides here. Thanks for the info ahead of time.

xsecx
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by veganedge
what's the meaning or significance of the word crucial??? Not definition (I know what it means) but applied towards sxe, because I have been straightedge for 5+ years now and have never heard it besides here. Thanks for the info ahead of time.

are you serious? if you've been edge for 5+ years then you should remember when ten yard fight was around at least. or at least have heard of crucial youth.

straightXed
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
not so crucial

xdaddydaycorex
10-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
are you serious? if you've been edge for 5+ years then you should remember when ten yard fight was around at least. or at least have heard of crucial youth.

YEAH !!! ten yard fight!!!! go boston hxc!!!

You turned in your helmet you fumbled the ball,
You lost the edge man,
You're gonna fall.

football references and hXc...love it!!!

veganedge
10-07-2004, 10:01 PM

heard of them, but was never into them.. .and nobody I know was.... I live in California and the scene is not so established here compared to east coast, especially where I live in the central valley.... so is anybody going to directly answer my question?

xsecx
10-08-2004, 08:46 AM
heard of them, but was never into them.. .and nobody I know was.... I live in California and the scene is not so established here compared to east coast, especially where I live in the central valley.... so is anybody going to directly answer my question?

the term crucial has been around for about as long as straight edge has. and I've been to california and dealt with tons of people from california and I wouldn't say the scene is not so established.

straightXed
10-08-2004, 10:16 AM
the term crucial has been around for about as long as straight edge has. and I've been to california and dealt with tons of people from california and I wouldn't say the scene is not so established.

hell, i've heard of crucial youth and i live in a tiny town in england.

xsecx
10-08-2004, 10:37 AM
http://www.newredarchives.com/bands/crucialyouth/glossary.jpg

since at least '87

straightXed
10-08-2004, 10:39 AM

since at least '87

that page was submitted as research in a ceramic project i did.

veganedge
10-10-2004, 03:49 PM
well, where I live in CA it's not so established... but anyways thanks for the crucial info.... got all the rest.

xdaddydaycorex
10-12-2004, 02:53 PM
well, where I live in CA it's not so established... but anyways thanks for the crucial info.... got all the rest.
where in cali are you at?

Sean The Red
10-13-2004, 02:25 AM
well, where I live in CA it's not so established... but anyways thanks for the crucial info.... got all the rest. Please say youre from the BA.

slinkysRrad
10-15-2004, 07:05 PM

since at least '87

That's really cool. Altough, I use the word rad, and I'm definately not a skatebrat.

veganedge
10-18-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm in the central valley