PDA

View Full Version : "tomorrow i'm going to be edge, but first....

SgtD
10-05-2004, 02:52 AM
...i smoke my last pot"
said a guy to me and he "got high" after that. i was like" you'll never be edge with an attitude like this..."
that was 3 weeks ago. and at the weekend he told me, he is edge for 3 weeks now, and he seemed so proud. the problem is that i remember him as always doing pot like crazy. 2-3 joints per evenings at the weekends (i don't know if he did every day, but the weekends)

any comments?

xsecx
10-05-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
...i smoke my last pot"
said a guy to me and he "got high" after that. i was like" you'll never be edge with an attitude like this..."
that was 3 weeks ago. and at the weekend he told me, he is edge for 3 weeks now, and he seemed so proud. the problem is that i remember him as always doing pot like crazy. 2-3 joints per evenings at the weekends (i don't know if he did every day, but the weekends)

any comments?

it is how some people treat sobriety. especially with cigarettes. so I don't know it works for some people.

SgtD
10-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
it is how some people treat sobriety. especially with cigarettes. so I don't know it works for some people.
yeah i was thinking this way too

veganedge
10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
just see how it goes man, you never know... he could never touch that stuff again... A relative of mine went into his 3rd heart surgery due to clogged arteries from smoking and had to have his last cigarette in the car on the way there, for some reason.... he hasn't smoked yet and hopefully he won't again... maybe that's just there way of ending that life who knows. Differs with everybody I'm sure.

xvunderx
10-12-2004, 08:40 PM
it's one of those wierd things, for alot of people when you first go clean it's a big deal ande a huge change, so every day seems like a landmark day. After a while it's just the way it is and you never really think about it any more.

Gryphon
10-13-2004, 12:12 AM
I agree with Vunder, durring the first few weeks people should be as supportive as possible so he has a sense of accomplishment and doesnt feel like he is wasting his time and goes back to his old habbits. That way he is more likly to stick with it.

SgtD
10-13-2004, 03:08 AM
all his friends are potheads. i really wonder if he can stick to it, and be strong. old pals telling him all the way"cut that crap" won't make him strong, but it should
the wierd thing was he knew from tomorrow he'll be edge, but he had to get his joint. it was like a joke.

xvunderx
10-13-2004, 08:03 AM
all his friends are potheads. i really wonder if he can stick to it, and be strong. old pals telling him all the way"cut that crap" won't make him strong, but it should
the wierd thing was he knew from tomorrow he'll be edge, but he had to get his joint. it was like a joke.

Yeah if your serious why not start right away? I hope the guy makes it. Having unsuportive friends in the beggining is super shitty.

SgtD
10-13-2004, 08:14 AM
yeah it is. even now some of my friends tell jokes like this'do you want a beer?' or 'you look like shit, i'm sure you're having a hangover' and all this
i hate it when the others smoke pot during practice, and it makes my fun run away

xscoutx
10-23-2004, 08:39 AM
hi D
yeah i once had a friend whose grandmother had a wicked heart attack and totally messed up liver but smoked and drank as soon as she got home from hospital. addiction SUCKS!
i've known people to do the same as the guy you speak of, like, 'tomorrow i'll go vegetarian. lets go get a steak!'
ugh.
xcx

DcDuckee
10-23-2004, 09:41 PM
i know two kids like that.
one , eddie, has been straightedge 3 times. each time it was for a month or two but as soon as someone said, wanna smoke? he did it and broke edge. no surprise. and so now once again he's not anymore.
this other kid went from being a crazy pot head to vegan straightedge. it lasted a good 3 months, but then he started smoking again.

kids in liverpool are so cool.

TheXIsOnMyHand
10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
i dunno man, im pretty suer that it would b hard from goin from 2-3 joints a day to nothin. but give ur friend the benifit of the doubt, unless u have some tru proof that he isnt maintaining the sxe way of life, theres really no way to b sure of anything. ppl can change, but im sure u know ur friend much better than i do, and u would b the one to know wether he was capable of change or not.
btw, ive been sxe my whole life,

XxRavens Lost LenorexX

xsecx
10-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by TheXIsOnMyHand
i dunno man, im pretty suer that it would b hard from goin from 2-3 joints a day to nothin. but give ur friend the benifit of the doubt, unless u have some tru proof that he isnt maintaining the sxe way of life, theres really no way to b sure of anything. ppl can change, but im sure u know ur friend much better than i do, and u would b the one to know wether he was capable of change or not.
btw, ive been sxe my whole life,

XxRavens Lost LenorexX

you can't be edge your whole life.

TheXIsOnMyHand
10-24-2004, 12:59 AM
ive been straight edge for 3 years, and my main inspiration was my aunt. i was 11 when i became sxe, and my aunt, who dies 6 weeks ago, was my inspiration to stay straight edge. she literally drank herself to death. she got a new liver and everything, and 3 days after she gout out of the hospital she was passed out drunk. now she has an 18yr old daughter and 22 year old daughter, and a grandson she never got to meet because of alcohol. i enver want that to happen to me which is y ive been dedicated to keeping my edge.

XxThe Ravens Lost LenorexX

SgtD
10-24-2004, 06:07 AM
...i smoke my last pot"

oh yeah. we played yesterday and there was this kid..smoking weed.
i walked towards and asked: hey you broke the edge?
he says: 'i never said i'm straightedge. i just wanted to rest it a while (marijuana)"

man i wish i had never talked to him about sxe

xscoutx
10-24-2004, 09:11 AM
xisonmyhand,
thats really sad! my grandfather drank himself to death, too...portions of his stomach and liver were removed years before he died, but he just kept on drinking!! what the hell??
he's partially my inspiration for going xxx.
i'm really sorry about your aunt and for your cousins.
c

TheXIsOnMyHand
10-24-2004, 12:34 PM
when i say ive been sxe my whole life, let me explain

i became straight edge at age 11, and before that, i had never smoked, or darnk, or done drugs, im now 14 1/2, and have still maintained my edge. once i break my edge, i will never take the privilege of being known as sxe again. i hate it when ppl take this for granted, and beleive that u can call urself sxe whenever u feel like it, because its a pretty big deal to me, and i have been dedicated to living in a straight edge fashion. btw, to the person that said they had wished they never told their friend about sxe, if you dont tell anyone about sxe, it isnt possible for anyone to maybe improve their life by commiting themselves to sxe, i think im not making any sense, but im tired and am having a hard time thinking straight. i think wat im tryin to say is that u hafta tell ppl about sxe, because even tho some ppl wont take it seriously, some will and then you have some ppl that actaully benifit from the knoledge of sxe. ok i think im being a bit redundant, or not making sense at al, so im just gonna stop here

straightXed
10-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by TheXIsOnMyHand
when i say ive been sxe my whole life, let me explain

i became straight edge at age 11, and before that, i had never smoked, or darnk, or done drugs, im now 14 1/2, and have still maintained my edge. once i break my edge, i will never take the privilege of being known as sxe again. i hate it when ppl take this for granted, and beleive that u can call urself sxe whenever u feel like it, because its a pretty big deal to me, and i have been dedicated to living in a straight edge fashion. btw, to the person that said they had wished they never told their friend about sxe, if you dont tell anyone about sxe, it isnt possible for anyone to maybe improve their life by commiting themselves to sxe, i think im not making any sense, but im tired and am having a hard time thinking straight. i think wat im tryin to say is that u hafta tell ppl about sxe, because even tho some ppl wont take it seriously, some will and then you have some ppl that actaully benifit from the knoledge of sxe. ok i think im being a bit redundant, or not making sense at al, so im just gonna stop here

yeah its proabably best