PDA

View Full Version : worst recording ever

xsecx
09-23-2004, 08:22 PM
so far, i think the cast aside record is up there. it's fucking unlistenable.

flame_still_burns
09-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
so far, i think the cast aside record is up there. it's fucking unlistenable.

are you talking about the LP?

i have the overcome seven inch... and that band does little to nothing for me. the recording is nothing to write home about either...

xsecx
09-24-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
are you talking about the LP?

i have the overcome seven inch... and that band does little to nothing for me. the recording is nothing to write home about either...

yeah the lp. I can't tell you if the band does anything for me or not since I could only listen to about 15 secs of 4 songs before I turned it off because it sounded like it was recorded at a live show inside a tin can.

flame_still_burns
09-24-2004, 09:04 PM
yeah. the seven inch isn't any better recording wise... and the songs seem sort of basic with toughguy lyrics to me.

the quality of many hardcore records these days really has my tolerance for crappy recordings at almost zero.

xsecx
09-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
yeah. the seven inch isn't any better recording wise... and the songs seem sort of basic with toughguy lyrics to me.

the quality of many hardcore records these days really has my tolerance for crappy recordings at almost zero.

I just don't understand how/why people are going to home record anything other than a demo. especially for the time and energy going into it to have something that sounds like shit.

xCodyx
09-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Anything by Minor Threat.

xsecx
09-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by xCodyx

how shocking and contraversial!

xCodyx
09-27-2004, 01:37 PM
how shocking and contraversial!

...How can you deny the fact that all of Minor Threats release sound like they're playing in a soup can.

xsecx
09-27-2004, 02:42 PM
...How can you deny the fact that all of Minor Threats release sound like they're playing in a soup can.

because they don't? considering the time and how everything else sounded at the time, no not really.

straightXed
09-27-2004, 04:42 PM

who are they?

Racer X
09-27-2004, 07:32 PM
...speaking of worst recordings...i almost bought the committed cd.....but after hearing it in the store i just hated the recording, drums were tiny and the bass was way too high in the mix...but the band sounds like they could be shredders. It sucks when a good band makes bad recordings, this just sounded like the engineer didnt know how to mix it or something...i may still pick it up though.

xCodyx
09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
because they don't? considering the time and how everything else sounded at the time, no not really.

Almost everything from that time was poorly recorded. Gorrila Biscuits, Minor Threat, Teen Idols etc.

straightXed
09-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Almost everything from that time was poorly recorded. Gorrila Biscuits, Minor Threat, Teen Idols etc.

gorilla biscuits was a different time

xsecx
09-28-2004, 12:43 PM

way to not even know timelines. and if you think start today was poorly recorded, you need new ears.