PDA

View Full Version : running like thieves

SgtD
09-13-2004, 09:37 AM
what do you think of them? a lot of sxe people don't like them cos that guy from Bold broke the edge. (i think his name is matt)

flame_still_burns
09-13-2004, 10:28 AM
i don't think this band is very good.

it has nothing to do with matt bold not being edge, he sold out in like 1990, i'm over that...

bold, in my opinion was/is the most over-rated of the youth crew era bands... matt bold could scream decently enough, but when he sings it doesn't sound good to me.

SgtD
09-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
i don't think this band is very good.

it has nothing to do with matt bold not being edge, he sold out in like 1990, i'm over that...

bold, in my opinion was/is the most over-rated of the youth crew era bands... matt bold could scream decently enough, but when he sings it doesn't sound good to me.

did you think before 1990 that bold's overrated ?

flame_still_burns
09-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
did you think before 1990 that bold's overrated ?

i think the crippled youth seven inch is the best thing they did. speak out was good, not great... it suffered from shoddy production in my opinion. the revelation seven inch, post edge, never did much for me.

i saw this band live and they were good. but their recordings never really captured much energy, in my opinion. my thoughts are, if bold wasn't on revelation, at the time period they were, they would not be as revered as they are. i can name many bands from this era that are better, but way less sweated.