PDA

View Full Version : IGNITE!!! @ The Troubadour Sep. 15

xdaddydaycorex
08-30-2004, 01:10 PM
IGNITE!!! are performing SEPTEMBER 15th at The Troubadour in Hollywood , Ca.
I don't know how many of you are from SoCal but i highly recommend this show and this band. They have a big sXe following here in Los Angeles even though they don't label themselves "Straight Edge", they call their music POSITIVE HARDCORE. But you can see from photos on their CD's that the audience are sXe'd. Their best ( i think) cd is the first full length from Revelation Records "Call On My Brothers" . Just listen to these lyrics and you are so inspired to not only keep the sXe but to get out and make a difference in the world. They support many X-treme Organizations such as Earth First and Sea Shepherd Society. Check em out!!! http://www.ignitemusic.net And SUPPORT HARDCORE in LA and see them LIVE AT THE TROUBADOUR SEP. 15th!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/atomicXLP/troubIGNITE.jpg

xsecx
08-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by atomicLP
IGNITE!!! are performing SEPTEMBER 15th at The Troubadour in Hollywood , Ca.
I don't know how many of you are from SoCal but i highly recommend this show and this band. They have a big sXe following here in Los Angeles even though they don't label themselves "Straight Edge", they call their music POSITIVE HARDCORE. But you can see from photos on their CD's that the audience are sXe'd. X'd hands, red shirts , pointed fingers and all. Their best ( i think) cd is the first full length from Revelation Records "Call On My Brothers" . Just listen to these lyrics and you are so inspired to not only keep the sXe but to get out and make a difference in the world. They support many X-treme Organizations such as Earth First and Sea Shepherd Society. Check em out!!! http://www.ignitemusic.net And SUPPORT HARDCORE in LA and see them LIVE AT THE TROUBADOUR SEP. 15th!!!!

damn would this count as a reunion show? it's been like 5 years since they played, but damn was call on my brothers a good record.

xdaddydaycorex
08-30-2004, 01:36 PM
No, this is no reunion show. They have been AROUND and ACTIVE ever since Call ON MY Brothers but they MOSTLY tour in Europe. They were also on the WARP tour. They just got off an Australian tour and are heading back to the UK after the Hollywood gig to continue touring Europe. A major Brazilian tour has also just been confirmed. Peep their site for more tour info if interested. http://www.ignitemusic.net

xsecx
08-30-2004, 01:39 PM
No, this is no reunion show. They have been AROUND and ACTIVE ever since Call ON MY Brothers but they MOSTLY tour in Europe. They were also on the WARP tour. They just got off an Australian tour and are heading back to the UK after the Hollywood gig to continue touring Europe. A major Brazilian tour has also just been confirmed. Peep their site for more tour info if interested. http://www.ignitemusic.net

weird. they haven't put anything out new in years. so it's kind of weird that they'd be touring so much.

xdaddydaycorex
08-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, you're right it has been a few years. IGNITE's last release was 2001's "A Place Called Home" so 3 years without new product is "weird" but i think they love touring and seem to have a Huge European following ( esp. Germany and France) that just keeps them busy and on the raod. However i do believe there is a new CD in the works.

straightXed
08-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
damn would this count as a reunion show? it's been like 5 years since they played, but damn was call on my brothers a good record.

i saw them last year in london, it might have even been this year.

xdaddydaycorex
09-13-2004, 01:08 PM
so ready for this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/atomicXLP/troubIGNITE.jpg

SgtD
09-14-2004, 03:04 AM
one thing i hate about ignite:
they are huge in hungary. they have no release sonce 2000. they always play the same set. and Zoli is sooo hungarian, he was born in the U.S. and he keeps on bragging like he was the most hungarian in the world. and i don't even mention his terrible accent. sometimes i think he speaks english when he speaks hungarian.
their music is good, but it sounds exactly like uniform choice. not so original.
but have fun tomorrow.

xdaddydaycorex
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SgtD
one thing i hate about ignite:
they are huge in hungary. they have no release sonce 2000. they always play the same set. and Zoli is sooo hungarian, he was born in the U.S. and he keeps on bragging like he was the most hungarian in the world. and i don't even mention his terrible accent. sometimes i think he speaks english when he speaks hungarian.
their music is good, but it sounds exactly like uniform choice. not so original.
but have fun tomorrow.

i've never seen them live ( they tour europe more than they play here in their hometown) so if its the same set as always... i wouldn't know the difference.
i love UNIFORM CHOICE And i love IGNITE and i have to say i don't think they sound the same. The voice is similar but definately not the same. And the music is totally different. However I will listen to my two favorite cd's of each today; Screaming For Change and Call On My Brothers , and get back to you on this.

xsecx
09-14-2004, 01:14 PM
i've never seen them live ( they tour europe more than they play here in their hometown) so if its the same set as always... i wouldn't know the difference.
i love UNIFORM CHOICE And i love IGNITE and i have to say i don't think they sound the same. The voice is similar but definately not the same. And the music is totally different. However I will listen to my two favorite cd's of each today; Screaming For Change and Call On My Brothers , and get back to you on this.

what no staring at the sun or a selection from mindfunk?

xdaddydaycorex
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
what no staring at the sun or a selection from mindfunk?

more sarcasm right?

xsecx
09-14-2004, 02:24 PM
more sarcasm right?

not really. you take the good with the bad. the really really bad.