PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for "straight edge" people - not trolling

SNK
07-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Hello. First off, I'm not straight edge by any means at all. I use drugs and alcohol recreationally and regularly, and have sex. I was having a discussion with a person who said they were "straight edge" and started going off on me for using illegal drugs. What my main question for all of you is why do straight edge people feel the need to create a "scene" to simply exclude people who do drugs? I know that this one person is most likely not able to represent your entire community, or whatever you are, but it certainly gives me the impression that "sxe" kids like to bash people that do drugs. It's my choice, and my lifestyle. It's never done me any harm. If someone doesn't want to do drugs, then that's fine by me. I do have a problem with people who feel the need to preach to me about how harmful and terrible it is, and personally attack me for no reason other than to bash my lifestyle. I just thought I would offer my thoughts on your whole community and why I don't understand it. I'm not trying to bash people or start a fight for the record.

xsecx
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SNK
Hello. First off, I'm not straight edge by any means at all. I use drugs and alcohol recreationally and regularly, and have sex. I was having a discussion with a person who said they were "straight edge" and started going off on me for using illegal drugs. What my main question for all of you is why do straight edge people feel the need to create a "scene" to simply exclude people who do drugs? I know that this one person is most likely not able to represent your entire community, or whatever you are, but it certainly gives me the impression that "sxe" kids like to bash people that do drugs. It's my choice, and my lifestyle. It's never done me any harm. If someone doesn't want to do drugs, then that's fine by me. I do have a problem with people who feel the need to preach to me about how harmful and terrible it is, and personally attack me for no reason other than to bash my lifestyle. I just thought I would offer my thoughts on your whole community and why I don't understand it. I'm not trying to bash people or start a fight for the record.

the scene was created for people to get away from the self destruction that ruled punk at the time that hardcore and straight edge started. For the most part we chose to live our lives against the grain of society.

as for everything else, a lot of people are offensive and defensive of their chosen beliefs. This isn't unique to straight edge vs not. And it's not universal across all people. Some people are vocal about religion, diet, politics, some aren't.

straightXed
07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by SNK

Yeah i guess it could give the impression that straight edge kids like to bash people that do drugs, but if you look at some of the trolls that have posted here this week and in the past you could just as easily get the impression that people who do drugs like to bash straight edge kids. So much so that they go out of there way to find a community of sxe kids to do it, i'm sure they aren't representing your beliefs, it would not be accurate to say that because a lot of kids who do drugs have come here to bash us that you will.

xsecx
07-30-2004, 10:10 AM
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/025841.html

now the irony here of course is that this is the same kid who attempted to troll by asking about masturbation.

straightXed
07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/025841.html

now the irony here of course is that this is the same kid who attempted to troll by asking about masturbation.

wow, thats silly

xvunderx
07-30-2004, 11:57 AM
I think it's funny that the kid has such a hard on against sxe. I almost feel bad that his life is so shitty.