PDA

View Full Version : If you play nu-metal...

xJoeyNormalx
07-26-2004, 02:08 AM
...you don't play hardcore. Nu-metal has no place in hardcore and vice-versa. Metalcore I can accept. I like Earth Crisis, I like Converge, I like Throwdown*. When it starts to sound like the Deftones and is played by long-haired, baggy-trousered kids who don't go to other bands shows...well, it ain't fucking hardcore, it's nu-metal.

That is all.

* IE, xPanterax

sXe_chicana
08-10-2004, 08:42 PM
dont dis deftones, they have more hardcore influence than alot of this so called metalcore crap today

xJoeyNormalx
08-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of shitty metalcore.

However, if you wear baggy fucking pants and have a turntablist, you're nu-metal. If you think your fruity bullshit is hardcore, you're stupid.

I don't mind the Deftones, but if they began calling themselves a hardcore band, I would.

unspoken
08-19-2004, 02:51 PM
i think you need to reealize its music, and as long as kids are having fun, then its rad.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by unspoken
i think you need to reealize its music, and as long as kids are having fun, then its rad. tell sec that!!!

xsecx
08-29-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by XuntaintdbloodX
tell sec that!!!

when did I ever say anything about nu metal?

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
when did I ever say anything about nu metal?
i believe unspoken said music not nu-metal

xsecx
08-29-2004, 09:54 AM
i believe unspoken said music not nu-metal

and? the discussion is about nu metal not anything else. if you want to discuss something else, then do it. I've never said anything to the contrary of what's been stated here.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 09:56 AM
and? the discussion is about nu metal not anything else. if you want to discuss something else, then do it. I've never said anything to the contrary of what's been stated here. so your straight edge if you listen to nu-metal but not if you listen to hardcore but dont make it to shows? i thought straight edge is hardcore and hardcore is straight edge NOTHING MORE

xsecx
08-29-2004, 09:59 AM
so your straight edge if you listen to nu-metal but not if you listen to hardcore but dont make it to shows? i thought straight edge is hardcore and hardcore is straight edge NOTHING MORE

when at any point did anyone say anything about nu metal and straight edge?

you've got a chip on your shoulder because you don't think things through. how can you be claim to be apart of something without actually participating? Your inferiority complex is the problem here.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 10:02 AM
when at any point did anyone say anything about nu metal and straight edge?

you've got a chip on your shoulder because you don't think things through. how can you be claim to be apart of something without actually participating? Your inferiority complex is the problem here. HMMMM HOW BOUT CAUSE THIS IS A STRAIGHT EDGE SITE AND A NU-METAL THREAD...SEE THE BLEND? my porblem is a rag on every kid who doesnt know as much about hardcore and straight edge is you were you the founder of it? cause then i can understand if you know erverything about it cause you set the ground rules but if yer just the administrator of the site then i doubt you know EVEYTHING unless they give you straightedge/hardcore handbooks and if thats the case send me one

xsecx
08-29-2004, 10:07 AM
HMMMM HOW BOUT CAUSE THIS IS A STRAIGHT EDGE SITE AND A NU-METAL THREAD...SEE THE BLEND? my porblem is a rag on every kid who doesnt know as much about hardcore and straight edge is you were you the founder of it? cause then i can understand if you know erverything about it cause you set the ground rules but if yer just the administrator of the site then i doubt you know EVEYTHING unless they give you straightedge/hardcore handbooks and if thats the case send me one

everything that's mentioned here isn't automatically linked to straight edge. kids talk about video games and movies. that doesn't hold. or even make any sense.

It's not a rag. If you don't know that much. learn. ask questions. You don't get to acheive a level of respect simply because you want it. You haven't experienced things for yourself, but yet you want people to respect you like you have? you haven't interacted with straight edge kids. You've never been to a show. How/why should you expect to think you know everything? Or even a small amount?

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 10:14 AM
everything that's mentioned here isn't automatically linked to straight edge. kids talk about video games and movies. that doesn't hold. or even make any sense.

It's not a rag. If you don't know that much. learn. ask questions. You don't get to acheive a level of respect simply because you want it. You haven't experienced things for yourself, but yet you want people to respect you like you have? you haven't interacted with straight edge kids. You've never been to a show. How/why should you expect to think you know everything? Or even a small amount? because the first statement goes something like if you play nu-metal you dont play hardcore it has no place in hardcore and vis-versa...but i see your point on the rest of yer statement and at least your not makin fun of me i dont say ill never go to a show just havent yet i didnt pretend to know stuff though and i did ask when womens jeans for guys was cool one question and no offense but are all straight edge kids snobs for their cause? or just like to fuck with the kids who dont listen to what they listen to? im not gonna tell you a sob story but there was this douche bsag straight edge kid in my summer school health class and he was all like oh you listen to that watered down hardcore (atreyu) i listen to tough guy hard core (earth crisis and madball) and that made him sound like such a poser hahaha

xsecx
08-29-2004, 10:26 AM
because the first statement goes something like if you play nu-metal you dont play hardcore it has no place in hardcore and vis-versa...but i see your point on the rest of yer statement and at least your not makin fun of me i dont say ill never go to a show just havent yet i didnt pretend to know stuff though and i did ask when womens jeans for guys was cool one question and no offense but are all straight edge kids snobs for their cause? or just like to fuck with the kids who dont listen to what they listen to? im not gonna tell you a sob story but there was this douche bsag straight edge kid in my summer school health class and he was all like oh you listen to that watered down hardcore (atreyu) i listen to tough guy hard core (earth crisis and madball) and that made him sound like such a poser hahaha

who's being a snob? You come making statements that don't make any sense and people call you on that. It's not like you came around and started asking questions. go into the questions portion of the site. Point to me where anyone is being a snob.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 10:30 AM
who's being a snob? You come making statements that don't make any sense and people call you on that. It's not like you came around and started asking questions. go into the questions portion of the site. Point to me where anyone is being a snob. whoa someones inferiority complex is showing i just ment you and that kid not anyone else i havent talked to anyone else on here except for that ed person and you said he didnt know what he was talkin about either so it must only be you who knows what they are talkin about this is your site so you are god and no one can prove you wrong and your reply will be id have to be wrong first to be proven wrong (which in yer eyes you never are)

xsecx
08-29-2004, 10:38 AM
whoa someones inferiority complex is showing i just ment you and that kid not anyone else i havent talked to anyone else on here except for that ed person and you said he didnt know what he was talkin about either so it must only be you who knows what they are talkin about this is your site so you are god and no one can prove you wrong and your reply will be id have to be wrong first to be proven wrong (which in yer eyes you never are)

I never said ed didn't know what he was talking about. The simple fact of the matter is that you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. you think you've been edge since birth, which is impossible. You've never been apart of something you're claiming to be. Why do teenagers think they automatically deserve respect and to be taken seriously? Especially when you've done nothing but spout bullshit.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I never said ed didn't know what he was talking about. The simple fact of the matter is that you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. you think you've been edge since birth, which is impossible. You've never been apart of something you're claiming to be. Why do teenagers think they automatically deserve respect and to be taken seriously? Especially when you've done nothing but spout bullshit. i didnt know that you had to attend shows in order to be something in reality you guys are just free advertisng and a gimmick for the hardcore and punk rock scene

xsecx
08-29-2004, 11:35 AM
i didnt know that you had to attend shows in order to be something in reality you guys are just free advertisng and a gimmick for the hardcore and punk rock scene

of course you wouldn't because you don't actually know anything about it.

straightXed
08-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Wow.

xsecx
08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
Wow.

what part?

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 04:40 PM
i didnt know that you had to attend shows in order to be something in reality you guys are just free advertisng and a gimmick for the hardcore and punk rock scene
''no there wasn't. and I don't think either of you really know what you're talking about. '' me and ed were the only ones talking with you so you must have been talking about him too

xsecx
08-29-2004, 04:41 PM
''no there wasn't. and I don't think either of you really know what you're talking about. '' me and ed were the only ones talking with you so you must have been talking about him too

read your own post. i was talking about you and your friend.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-29-2004, 04:46 PM
read your own post. i was talking about you and your friend. gotcha

straightXed
08-29-2004, 06:39 PM
what part?

all of it i think

xJoeyNormalx
08-31-2004, 07:25 AM
XuntaintdbloodX, you make no sense at all. Are you illiterate?

Unspoken - I don't mind it if people listen to or play nu-metal. That's fine. But when they say it's hardcore it pisses me off. The 09 NZ hardcore scene is being taken over by nu-metal fruits. These kids don't know what hardcore is or where it came from. They whine about people dancing, insult real hardcore bands and generally suck arse.

And don't think I'm hassling metalcore here. While I hate watered-down bands like Atreyu, the ones I'm talking about are worse. Total nu-metal...but it's hardcore, honest.

XuntaintdbloodX
11-30-2004, 09:30 AM
i am illiterate actually right now my mom is typeing the words as i tell her what to type...are you that big of an idiot?

FkY
01-07-2005, 11:08 PM
I know this topic was dead, anyways ... nu metal is shit should not pe confused with hardcore ... a problem that is verry common around this parts ... sxe and nu metal ... wtf is that ... so anyways my point is nu metal sux, and i like metalcore a lot ... so the afirmation that metalcore sux hmmmm ... well metalcore can be asociated with sxe but nu metal can be asociated with kids with no music taste .

ps: if my english sux ... well ... live with it . enjoy

xCaptainx
01-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by xJoeyNormalx

The 09 NZ hardcore scene is being taken over by nu-metal fruits.

hahah word

xJoeyNormalx
01-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Sad but true, my friend, sad but true.

xsecx
08-15-2005, 09:28 AM
and the hits just keep on coming.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-15-2005, 01:50 PM
and the hits just keep on coming.

you changed my picture for me sec? how sweet of you. now that you can play forum god cause obviousy it is YOUR forum can you give me a digital abortion?

xsecx
08-15-2005, 01:52 PM
you changed my picture for me sec? how sweet of you. now that you can play forum god cause obviousy it is YOUR forum can you give me a digital abortion?

man if I could build a time machine, I could punch your mom in the cooch and save us all a lot of time and bad typing.

XuntaintdbloodX
08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
man if I could build a time machine, I could punch your mom in the cooch and save us all a lot of time and bad typing.

you'd probably get your fist stuck

xsecx
08-15-2005, 02:14 PM

your poor mother, hasn't she suffered enough?

kelly
08-15-2005, 02:18 PM
After the typing class, maybe see a psychiatrist about your issues with your mother?

XuntaintdbloodX
08-15-2005, 02:28 PM
After the typing class, maybe see a psychiatrist about your issues with your mother?

thats funny cause you are not the first person to suggest that hahaha

XuntaintdbloodX
08-15-2005, 02:29 PM
your poor mother, hasn't she suffered enough?

she is poor and she has suffered but it was all on her own decisions, her fault

keithxXx
08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
I am guessing that you don't live with her, am i right? sounds like a divorce and you live with your dad, and he puts all these bad ideas in your head, about her. you should take the time to get to know her. and if you do live with her, then forget what i said

XuntaintdbloodX
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I am guessing that you don't live with her, am i right? sounds like a divorce and you live with your dad, and he puts all these bad ideas in your head, about her. you should take the time to get to know her. and if you do live with her, then forget what i said

i have lived with her all my life and dont even know my fathers first name so living with him isnt a possibility i just moved out a few weeks ago, and am living with my gramma cause im going to college soon shes just kind of a bad mother... i can make that assumption on my own haha

IAN
09-10-2005, 10:16 AM
To be honest with you guys, I sometimes feel sorry for those kids who listen Nu-Metal. The problem is, Nu metal kids in jakarta really think themselves as HC kids. HC here always refer to something got to do with yelling, swearing, screaming, growling and that's it. There always a constant clash between the real HC kids with nu metal posers. Trust me, when you talk to these poser who's the best HC bands for them they will deffinitely say "LIMP DICKSHIT and KORN" fuck it. I really hate those motherfuckers

straightXed
09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
To be honest with you guys, I sometimes feel sorry for those kids who listen Nu-Metal. The problem is, Nu metal kids in jakarta really think themselves as HC kids. HC here always refer to something got to do with yelling, swearing, screaming, growling and that's it. There always a constant clash between the real HC kids with nu metal posers. Trust me, when you talk to these poser who's the best HC bands for them they will deffinitely say "LIMP DICKSHIT and KORN" fuck it. I really hate those motherfuckers

Yeah thats similar here, i just distance myself from them as much as possible, i'm not going to support that message or be the embodiment of what they wish to define themselves against, stick to hardcore shows is my strategy.

livithezombie
09-10-2005, 03:59 PM
i thought numetal was dead anyway? im te only person in my school that still listens to it anyway. damn im so uncool!

stepinsideissue
09-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah thats similar here, i just distance myself from them as much as possible, i'm not going to support that message or be the embodiment of what they wish to define themselves against, stick to hardcore shows is my strategy.

That sounds like a good strategy to me.

Negative K
09-11-2005, 04:17 PM
AREEEEEEE YOOOUUUUUUU READDDDYYY?

JUJDUDJDUDJUDJDUJD

sick

sXe Matt Sxe
09-12-2005, 07:30 PM
whoa someones inferiority complex is showing i just ment you and that kid not anyone else i havent talked to anyone else on here except for that ed person and you said he didnt know what he was talkin about either so it must only be you who knows what they are talkin about this is your site so you are god and no one can prove you wrong and your reply will be id have to be wrong first to be proven wrong (which in yer eyes you never are)
hell yea

stepinsideissue
09-12-2005, 08:23 PM
hell yea

Hell yeah what?

straightXed
09-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Hell yeah what?

I'm curious too.

sXe Matt Sxe
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm curious too.
i dont know i was bored so i just said something random

straightXed
09-14-2005, 04:08 AM
i dont know i was bored so i just said something random

Whilst quoting a particular post?

stepinsideissue
09-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Whilst quoting a particular post?

Which makes no sense at all.

sXe Matt Sxe
09-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Which makes no sense at all.
i was realy tired and i usualy use the quote button for replys.

xcooperx
09-20-2005, 12:12 AM
hahaha. Whats sad is that half of my friends are nu-metal fucks. Living in the suburbs sucks...

xsecx
09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
hahaha. Whats sad is that half of my friends are nu-metal fucks. Living in the suburbs sucks...

time for new friends.

stepinsideissue
09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
time for new friends.

Like us.

xcooperx
09-21-2005, 01:43 AM
haha yeah. Honestly though. I dont really care much for most of the kids in the scene here. Dont get me wrong, I love going to shows n all but most of the kids are assholes.

XJrigX
09-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of shitty metalcore.

However, if you wear baggy fucking pants

Whats wrong with baggy pants? I wear baggy pants all the time.