PDA

View Full Version : A little problem

ThursdayX
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I've been sXe for a while. But have'nt really shown it. You know like with the cloths and crap. Well, Now Im leaveing middle school and going up to high. Well, Before I left middle. I started to show it. I started putting all these patchs, band shirts, ect. Well, When people ask me "Are you straight edge?" I would tell them the truth with a simple "yes". Well, a few months later in the school. It basically became a battle. SxE kids vs. Non. Well, as I see it im the only sXe in the middle school! All these other kids talk about how they got drunk last night or smoked, and they say there edge! Well the real problem is the non -sxe kids. They really piss me off! "How can you not want to have sex? What are you gay?" "You know, SxE is just a cover up for being gay!" It's kinda fucking annoying. Even the teachers start to piss me off with it. I just dunno how to get those fucker's off my back and express my self some more. Maybe change my clothing but i dunno what to to put on. haha, Can anyone answer this?

xsecx
07-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ThursdayX
I've been sXe for a while. But have'nt really shown it. You know like with the cloths and crap. Well, Now Im leaveing middle school and going up to high. Well, Before I left middle. I started to show it. I started putting all these patchs, band shirts, ect. Well, When people ask me "Are you straight edge?" I would tell them the truth with a simple "yes". Well, a few months later in the school. It basically became a battle. SxE kids vs. Non. Well, as I see it im the only sXe in the middle school! All these other kids talk about how they got drunk last night or smoked, and they say there edge! Well the real problem is the non -sxe kids. They really piss me off! "How can you not want to have sex? What are you gay?" "You know, SxE is just a cover up for being gay!" It's kinda fucking annoying. Even the teachers start to piss me off with it. I just dunno how to get those fucker's off my back and express my self some more. Maybe change my clothing but i dunno what to to put on. haha, Can anyone answer this?

if this is how you're going to live your life you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that for the most part you will never fit in and people will always wonder why you've chosen a different path.

ThursdayX
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
But its peer pressure bro! Peer pressure! Im even seeing it on-line. It's as if they look at you differently.

xsecx
07-08-2004, 09:20 PM
But its peer pressure bro! Peer pressure! Im even seeing it on-line. It's as if they look at you differently.

welcome to living against the grain.

ThursdayX
07-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Well... Yeah. Well, The only way I can make them stop talking crap is Beat the shit out of them. Wouldnt be to hard sence I go to Lindenhurst.

xgregx
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
then fucking stand up for yourself. I had the same problem. I punched the kid in the face, and the left me alone. You need to take a stand. have some of your other edge friends and stand up.

xsecx
07-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
then fucking stand up for yourself. I had the same problem. I punched the kid in the face, and the left me alone. You need to take a stand. have some of your other edge friends and stand up.

How does taking a stand equate to punching someone in the face?

xsecx
07-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Well... Yeah. Well, The only way I can make them stop talking crap is Beat the shit out of them. Wouldnt be to hard sence I go to Lindenhurst.

Why do you even care that they're talking shit?

xgregx
07-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
How does taking a stand equate to punching someone in the face?

heres what happened...(just for you dusty...just for you)

I was hanging out with my other edge friends(keep in mind they are all 2 to 3 years older than me.) when these kids who had been making fun of me all year walk by and start talking shit. I told him to stop talking to me and shut the fuck up about me. He started pushing me around. fight broke out. end of story.

xvunderx
07-09-2004, 08:59 AM

Beating people up does't solve a thing.

I had my fair share of people being toolish to me about my being edge, I just gave them every witty comback I could come up with, and explained my possition. Ultimately people respected me, and for the most part respected my choices.

xsecx
07-09-2004, 09:09 AM
heres what happened...(just for you dusty...just for you)

I was hanging out with my other edge friends(keep in mind they are all 2 to 3 years older than me.) when these kids who had been making fun of me all year walk by and start talking shit. I told him to stop talking to me and shut the fuck up about me. He started pushing me around. fight broke out. end of story.

yeah, but how did that change anything?

xgregx
07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
the kid didn't talk to me anymore....he started it.

xsecx
07-09-2004, 12:49 PM
the kid didn't talk to me anymore....he started it.

so what happens if he does again?

and the "he started" it bit only came out after I started questioning you. I'm not saying don't fight. but I am saying that for the most part, recognize it doesn't change shit.

xgregx
07-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
so what happens if he does again?

and the "he started" it bit only came out after I started questioning you. I'm not saying don't fight. but I am saying that for the most part, recognize it doesn't change shit.

no I understand, I don't like to fight. this kid and I have had shit going on since 7th grade. so last year, I fought him. he hasn't said a word to me since.

ThursdayX
07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Why do you even care that they're talking shit?

Because it makes me fell as if im a worthless piece of shit even though I know im not. Plus, Fighting wouldnt be to hard for me. The last kid I fought. I punched him and he went down bleeding. It will be easier now sence I work out 4 days a week.

xsecx
07-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Because it makes me fell as if im a worthless piece of shit even though I know im not. Plus, Fighting wouldnt be to hard for me. The last kid I fought. I punched him and he went down bleeding. It will be easier now sence I work out 4 days a week.

how you feel is dictated by you. fighting to try and make yourself have worth is weak.
You need to address the root of the weakness. If your self worth is dictated by the words of others you're in for a life time of pain and suffering.

nuke_red00
07-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Middle school and High school are different. for me at least. And trust me, brain over Brawn. I made a guy (who was starting with me) cry by sheer words alone. I would have probablu got my ass beat if it got physical. But anyway, School. If your school is like mine, you will have other schools come together to form your high school. and high school is where people grow up and express themselves. So the sXe kids in the shadows might come out of hiding and show their support by showing their true colors. And if people still pick on you, it just proves they are still a child.

Straightedgecat
07-17-2004, 11:15 AM
I've been sXe for a while. But have'nt really shown it. You know like with the cloths and crap. Well, Now Im leaveing middle school and going up to high. Well, Before I left middle. I started to show it. I started putting all these patchs, band shirts, ect. Well, When people ask me "Are you straight edge?" I would tell them the truth with a simple "yes". Well, a few months later in the school. It basically became a battle. SxE kids vs. Non. Well, as I see it im the only sXe in the middle school! All these other kids talk about how they got drunk last night or smoked, and they say there edge! Well the real problem is the non -sxe kids. They really piss me off! "How can you not want to have sex? What are you gay?" "You know, SxE is just a cover up for being gay!" It's kinda fucking annoying. Even the teachers start to piss me off with it. I just dunno how to get those fucker's off my back and express my self some more. Maybe change my clothing but i dunno what to to put on. haha, Can anyone answer this? its not about the clothes..but anyways i know how you feel but dusty is right it is living against the grain.. and thats why people are proud of being edge because we have fought down peer pressure and turned away dumb shit..

ThereIsAReason
07-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Yeah man, I understand your position. I recently went to a college orientation and met a whole bunch of people. Upon them finding out i was sxe I recieved an assload of "ew" and "why the hell are you straightedge?" Its simple dude, just ignore them. Who the hell really cares? In my full, honest opinion YOU know that you've chosen a healthy, better lifestyle. The world is full of millions of people, most of which who choose to drink/smoke, and still, a nice sized portion of those who don't. Stand strong in your convictions, don't listen to them. Be yourself, you'll meet plenty of people who share the same beliefs. And for the gay comment, just chase one of them around with your shlong out of your pants, that'll shut them up.

stay true,
xmarkx