PDA

View Full Version : classification

painplusone
07-07-2004, 12:37 PM
what genre would A Static Lullaby be classified as? how about Coheed And Cambria?

XrandomideazX
07-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I would say right in between "SHIT" and "BAG OF ASS"

xgregx
07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by painplusone
Coheed And Cambria?

......holy...shit.

xkrewx
07-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Whats up with them?The lead singer sounds like a girl,not that thats a bad thing

xgcfx
07-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Clomplete and utter shit.

painplusone
07-08-2004, 03:15 PM
i wasn't asking if the singer sounded like a girl or if you liked his voice, so not taking into consideration the sound of claudio's voice (which isn't what he sounds like when he talks), based solely on the lyrics and music (yes there is music in the background, maybe listen next time) what genre of music would they be classified as? and no one has said anything about a static lullaby yet.

xsecx
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM
i wasn't asking if the singer sounded like a girl or if you liked his voice, so not taking into consideration the sound of claudio's voice (which isn't what he sounds like when he talks), based solely on the lyrics and music (yes there is music in the background, maybe listen next time) what genre of music would they be classified as? and no one has said anything about a static lullaby yet.

it's because they don't know and just like to talk shit.

me. I don't know anything about either of these bands.

painplusone
07-08-2004, 03:30 PM
that's what i thought, the ones that did reply about co & ca have probably only heard the one song they play on mtv which is the most upbeat poppish song they've made, asside from blood red summer.

xgregx
07-08-2004, 04:03 PM
that's what i thought, the ones that did reply about co & ca have probably only heard the one song they play on mtv which is the most upbeat poppish song they've made, asside from blood red summer.

Coheed and Cambria - indie/rock
A Static Lullaby - Screamo/rock

I have friends who listen to them. I am not a fan of either, but I do like the idea behind Coheed's lyrics. Each c.d. they write is a part of a story that the lead singer is writting. I like the concept.

xgcfx
07-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx

A Static Lullaby - Screamo/rock

No.

xsecx
07-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by xgcfx
No.

I'm sure that was amazingly helpful to the person asking the question.

xgregx
07-09-2004, 08:42 AM
No.

what are they? I think I am talking about the same band. are they just emo?

painplusone
07-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
what are they? I think I am talking about the same band. are they just emo?

the are emoish but not just straight up emo.

xgcfx
07-12-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by xsecx
I'm sure that was amazingly helpful to the person asking the question.

Yeah, I just let them try and figure it out.

It's much fun.
...they have no idea what they're talking about, and I'm too lazy to set them straight.

xsecx
07-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Yeah, I just let them try and figure it out.

It's much fun.
...they have no idea what they're talking about, and I'm too lazy to set them straight.

that only works when you've actually proven that you know what you're talking about.

so far just seems like you're a snotty kid who likes shitty music trying to look down on other kids who like shitty music.

xgcfx
07-13-2004, 05:44 PM
:(

The music is onviously in your opinion shitty because you don't like it.
I bet you listen to a lot of music other people find shitty. Funny how that works. WIth that logic, I shouldn't really be talking either.

I like it, and I obviously don't think it's shitty.

I'm tired on going on rants about what true emo is. It's a genre of music with a sepecific sound and history.

A Static Lullaby does not fit this sound at all...

I may come off as snotty, but whatever.

If people want to classify music, they need to know what they hell they're talking about.

xsecx
07-13-2004, 06:24 PM
:(

The music is onviously in your opinion shitty because you don't like it.
I bet you listen to a lot of music other people find shitty. Funny how that works. WIth that logic, I shouldn't really be talking either.

I like it, and I obviously don't think it's shitty.

I'm tired on going on rants about what true emo is. It's a genre of music with a sepecific sound and history.

A Static Lullaby does not fit this sound at all...

I may come off as snotty, but whatever.

If people want to classify music, they need to know what they hell they're talking about.

and if you're going to comment on it, you need to actually say something worthwhile otherwise you just come off sounding like a music snob brat. which is what most people who like "true emo" tend to be.

It's not like anyone forces you to reply to things.