PDA

View Full Version : what can i do?

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 01:04 PM
I've heard a lot about something like sxe members cant have sex. the thing is that ive heard so many different virsions of this, im not quite sure what i can or cant do
can someone please help me out ?

xsecx
06-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by xJESSICAx
I've heard a lot about something like sxe members cant have sex. the thing is that ive heard so many different virsions of this, im not quite sure what i can or cant do
can someone please help me out ?

who/where are you getting your info?

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 01:17 PM
mostly from my friend's boyfriend and from sxe members. unless they weren't actually members and were just bull shyting but thats the thing, i dont know.

xgregx
06-02-2004, 01:19 PM
it just depends on what you believe in.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 01:22 PM
mostly from my friend's boyfriend and from sxe members. unless they weren't actually members and were just bull shyting but thats the thing, i dont know.

the people you talked to most likely are without clue. hopefully you can find a lot of answers there.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cultures/straight-edge-faq/

if that doesn't answer your questions feel free to ask some more.

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 01:27 PM
so if i were to believe that i could have sex if i was in love, it wouldnt be against sxe ??

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
the people you talked to most likely are without clue. hopefully you can find a lot of answers there.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cultures/straight-edge-faq/

if that doesn't answer your questions feel free to ask some more.

thank you very much.

xgregx
06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
so if i were to believe that i could have sex if i was in love, it wouldnt be against sxe ??

in a sense yes, like I said before, it is just what you believe in.

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 04:43 PM
well if you dont mind me asking.....what is it that you believe in.

(an answer is not required im just wondering )

xsecx
06-02-2004, 05:55 PM

I think the sexual aspect of straight edge is exagerrated and usually by kids who have issues with their own sexuality or are too young to understand it so they use it to hold on to.

That being said, I also think a lot of people have sex with people that shouldn't but that has little to do with drugs or alcohol.

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
i think you make a great point.

straightXed
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM

I believe that sex is a good natural human want and need, slutty shit is way off and pretty rats but i think its nothing to do with straightedge as such, i understand peole who do but if you say no sex whatsoever i think thats silly. It's like its good to have some awareness about all the crap that premiscuity can bring but the no sex thing is to me somewhat odd, like smoking and drinking etc. are clearly damaging and we can lead a perfectly normal existance without them, in my opinion a better one but denying a natural drive and suppressing it to fit in with a sub culture seems really odd to me. I actually think theres more than likely some other issues there in those cases, and the problem with supression is its not going anywhere its lurking inside you. So anyway before i rant on i'll try to sum up, i think sex is fine and i don't think having sex breaks edge at all and if you love the person its even better but what i think is more important is for people to ensure they follow their own beliefs.

straightXed
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
I believe that sex is a good natural human want and need, slutty shit is way off and pretty rats but i think its nothing to do with straightedge as such, i understand peole who do but if you say no sex whatsoever i think thats silly. It's like its good to have some awareness about all the crap that premiscuity can bring but the no sex thing is to me somewhat odd, like smoking and drinking etc. are clearly damaging and we can lead a perfectly normal existance without them, in my opinion a better one but denying a natural drive and suppressing it to fit in with a sub culture seems really odd to me. I actually think theres more than likely some other issues there in those cases, and the problem with supression is its not going anywhere its lurking inside you. So anyway before i rant on i'll try to sum up, i think sex is fine and i don't think having sex breaks edge at all and if you love the person its even better but what i think is more important is for people to ensure they follow their own beliefs.

I should learn to respond quicker also

xsecx
06-02-2004, 06:06 PM
I should learn to respond quicker also

FASTEST TYPER EVER!!!!!!!

straightXed
06-02-2004, 06:10 PM
FASTEST TYPER EVER!!!!!!!

i was otherwise occupied.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
i was otherwise occupied.

MUST FIGHT URGE TO MAKE MASTERBATION JOKE. MUST FIGHT.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

straightXed
06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
MUST FIGHT URGE TO MAKE MASTERBATION JOKE. MUST FIGHT.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I knew you wouldn't resist.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 06:14 PM
I knew you wouldn't resist.

well I clearly did.

wanker.

straightXed
06-02-2004, 06:18 PM
well I clearly did.

wanker.

clearly, and i typed that with one hand!

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 06:19 PM

thanx. I was hoping it wasnt against edge cus i agree with you... no sex whatsoever is kinda silly. especially if you love that person and they are "the one"

i appreciate everyone who responded.... thank you

xgregx
06-02-2004, 07:57 PM

I am waiting until marrige. thats just what I want to do for myself. It has nothing to do with god or gods or buddah or anything. it is a personal act.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
I am waiting until marrige. thats just what I want to do for myself. It has nothing to do with god or gods or buddah or anything. it is a personal act.

why marriage?

xgregx
06-02-2004, 09:38 PM
why marriage?

because thats when I believe love truly exists. it doesn't exists between teens. some teens are so dumb to believe that they will spend the rest of their lives with a person that they started dating when they were 12-18. it is called lust and nothing more. They are uncertain feelings that mean almost nothing.

xgregx
06-02-2004, 09:39 PM
because thats when I believe love truly exists. it doesn't exists between teens. some teens are so dumb to believe that they will spend the rest of their lives with a person that they started dating when they were 12-18. it is called lust and nothing more. They are uncertain feelings that mean almost nothing.

I just reread what I wrote, and if that doesn't make sense to anyone, I am sorry. It is hard for me to put what I feel about this subject in words. That is just what I believe.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 10:22 PM

yeah, but can't you have all that without marriage?

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 10:52 PM

i actually really respect that. I think it would be awesome to wait untill marraige I just dont think id be able to do it. ( not that im a slut or ne thing its just it might be a while till i get married )

XrandomideazX
06-03-2004, 06:41 PM
well its good to get the actual facts before you go and say something to someone that isnt true.If that is confusing,im sorry.
you'll get it

XrandomideazX
06-03-2004, 06:42 PM
That post was intended for xjessicax,i just forgot to click quote.

xgregx
06-03-2004, 07:55 PM
i actually really respect that. I think it would be awesome to wait untill marraige I just dont think id be able to do it. ( not that im a slut or ne thing its just it might be a while till i get married )

I respect you as well. I have nothing against people who choose to have sex. It is your life, live how you wish to. have fun.

xJESSICAx
06-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by XrandomideazX
well its good to get the actual facts before you go and say something to someone that isnt true.If that is confusing,im sorry.
you'll get it

your right....thats why i asked.

XrandomideazX
06-15-2004, 10:06 AM