PDA

View Full Version : What guitar?

XrandomideazX
05-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I have been wanting to start a band. a few of my friends mess around on the bass and another on the drums.we finally wanted to get started.im in the market for a guitar

Whats a good guitar for beginners?
all posts are well appreciated

xgregx
05-27-2004, 07:13 PM
if you are serious and can already play, I would suggest an Epiphone Les Paul. It is more expensive, but it is a guitar that will last a very long time.

flame_still_burns
05-27-2004, 08:23 PM
if you want to play hardcore i would recommend a gibson guitar. epiphone's are made by gibson, but if you were to buy a new epiphone les paul, you could buy a nice used gibson on ebay or locally. i personally have two gibson sg's...which are a great hardcore guitar.

they look like this:

http://home.flash.net/~guitars/redsglgr.jpg

unfuckwithable.

Straightedgecat
05-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
if you want to play hardcore i would recommend a gibson guitar. epiphone's are made by gibson, but if you were to buy a new epiphone les paul, you could buy a nice used gibson on ebay or locally. i personally have two gibson sg's...which are a great hardcore guitar.

they look like this:

http://home.flash.net/~guitars/redsglgr.jpg

unfuckwithable.
i deffiently agree that.. that is the hardcore guitar, i play bass with a squire.. and i fool around on another old guitar

flame_still_burns
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
see the thing that i have found with squires(lower end fenders) and epiphones(lower end gibsons), is that when you get to a certain level you will wish you had the genuine article and will probably buy one anyway, so you should just bite the bullet and get the good stuff off the bat...it'll end up saving you cash in the long run.

unless you are unsure you actually want to learn guitar or are gonna stick with it..in which case i'd buy an off brand guitar.

xgregx
05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
For guitar I play an Gibson Faded SG, and for bass I play a Fender Jazz P-bass...it took me 2 years to afford them.

XrandomideazX
05-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah ive played for a while just never got serious about it.
There really isnt much to a acoustic guitar
it gets boring
I WANNA JAM!

Straightedgecat
05-28-2004, 09:43 AM
see the thing that i have found with squires(lower end fenders) and epiphones(lower end gibsons), is that when you get to a certain level you will wish you had the genuine article and will probably buy one anyway, so you should just bite the bullet and get the good stuff off the bat...it'll end up saving you cash in the long run.

unless you are unsure you actually want to learn guitar or are gonna stick with it..in which case i'd buy an off brand guitar.
yea i found that too.. but i feel that i can get o a certain level on my squire bass.. and then i fool around on the Washburn Rocker Series guitar (that thing is fun) and it costed about 100 bucks (my first guitar

straightXed
05-28-2004, 12:08 PM
I have to agree with old mr. burns, for the money you pay on an epiphone sg you really are better off shooting for the gibson model, as you are going to want to upgrade from the epi after a shortish while. Gibsons aren't to bad for depreciation if you look after them too so if it did turn out to be not as serious as you had thought you can still sell it on as gibson will have a wider appeal second hand than an epi, mainly due to epi's being quite cheap to get new and all that.

I play a Gibson SG special 2001 and i still have an epi sg as well, if you play the 2 you aren't going to look twice at the epi if you got the money. One thing i will say is do try to refrain from playing high end gibson guitars if money is an issue, it just starts to get very dissapointing.

XrandomideazX
05-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys and gals!

XrandomideazX
05-30-2004, 01:03 AM
Is a Jay Turser a good one?

AxZxHxC
06-10-2004, 07:45 PM
les pauls are pretty hardcore.

xgcfx
06-10-2004, 10:26 PM
My black epiphone sg is so metalcore.

straightXed
06-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by xgcfx

My black gibson sg is not

xgregx
06-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
My black gibson sg is not

my faded sg is pretty. how metal am I?

XrandomideazX
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Is this a good one?

XrandomideazX
06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
shit, how do I post pictures??

xsecx
06-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by XrandomideazX
shit, how do I post pictures??

http://sxe.com/forums/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

near the bottom.

flame_still_burns
06-12-2004, 08:46 PM
this has nothing to do with this thread but...

this hesher has a tattoo that says 'music'

what the fuck?

http://www.mudvayne.com/march/Untitled-12b.jpg

flame_still_burns
06-12-2004, 09:25 PM

this is metal:

http://www.i80s.com/images/maiden.jpg

this is hardcore:

http://www.truetilldeath.com/photos/gal/Youth_Of_Today/yot004.jpg

pick which team you wanna be on.

xgcfx
06-12-2004, 10:22 PM
CROSSOVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm on the hardcore team. I just have a black epiphone sg.

It looks like a guitar Batman would play.

straightXed
06-13-2004, 01:36 AM
CROSSOVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm on the hardcore team. I just have a black epiphone sg.

It looks like a guitar Batman would play.

My SG is black, batman rocks, big 80's perms and tight jeans suck.

xvunderx
06-14-2004, 08:43 AM
this is metal:

http://www.i80s.com/images/maiden.jpg

I spy GIRLS PANTS!!!!

xgregx
06-14-2004, 10:05 AM
girl pants are not comfortable. I don't know how the fashion core kids can wear it. Yes....I wore girl pants at a show once.

it was hell

xsecx
06-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
girl pants are not comfortable. I don't know how the fashion core kids can wear it. Yes....I wore girl pants at a show once.

it was hell

um. why? I mean I can theoretically understand wearing them out of curiousity but wouldn't you try that shit when you were at home first and then if they were comfortable then go out?

that being said, if I was ever a store clerk, I'd end up getting fired for laughing at dudes buying womens jeans.

xgregx
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
um. why? I mean I can theoretically understand wearing them out of curiousity but wouldn't you try that shit when you were at home first and then if they were comfortable then go out?

that being said, if I was ever a store clerk, I'd end up getting fired for laughing at dudes buying womens jeans.

well here is the story

I never planned on wearing them to the show. My friend is a 'fashioncore' kid and he had them, so I put a par on to make fun of him and mock him. we had a good laugh, so I was going to change out of them, then they were walking out the door and said, "we are leaving you if you don't come now." so I didn't have a chance to take them off.

I will never wear them again.

xsecx
06-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
well here is the story

I never planned on wearing them to the show. My friend is a 'fashioncore' kid and he had them, so I put a par on to make fun of him and mock him. we had a good laugh, so I was going to change out of them, then they were walking out the door and said, "we are leaving you if you don't come now." so I didn't have a chance to take them off.

I will never wear them again.

this sounds like an excuse for an experiment that went terribly wrong.

XrandomideazX
06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
probably for the best?

flame_still_burns
06-14-2004, 02:03 PM
this is the fashioncore ensemble of the future... get on it now, before it's cliche...you can be a trendsetter!

http://www.rfdesigns.org/ibc/graphics/6.jpg

straightXed
06-14-2004, 02:03 PM
you know how all those metal bands wearing girls pants could like really scream a lot and always wore scowls on there faces, thats not a coincidence, you need some room down there.