PDA

View Full Version : caffeine

unspoken
07-14-2003, 08:22 PM
i have just recently gotten over caffeine addiction... after about a week of almost unbearable headaches

i didnt realize how bad that stuff is.

i would encourage people to not drink it.

xsecx
07-14-2003, 08:26 PM
i have just recently gotten over caffeine addiction... after about a week of almost unbearable headaches

i didnt realize how bad that stuff is.

i would encourage people to not drink it.

when I was in college I used to drink 4-5 mt dews a day. Not for caffiene but because I liked it. You don't realize it at the time. it's only after you stop drinking it that it kicks your ass. The thing is after you don't drink any for a long time, your sleep pattern totally changes. My insomnia went away completely. Of course now if I do have a cup of coffee or a coke that are caffienated I can totally taste it.

xvunderx
07-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Cafffine has kicked the ass of every one I know who has tried to kick it.

And I do not understand why it is in so many sodas.

And damn it, I want caffine free vanilla coke in all states!!!!

xsecx
07-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Cafffine has kicked the ass of every one I know who has tried to kick it.

And I do not understand why it is in so many sodas.

And damn it, I want caffine free vanilla coke in all states!!!!

we need to make friends with people in the middle that will send some to us.

raia
07-14-2003, 11:11 PM
i think i've seen caffeine free vanilla coke before, but i'm not positive.

xsecx
07-14-2003, 11:20 PM
i think i've seen caffeine free vanilla coke before, but i'm not positive.

if you find it, hook me up. I still need to send you those aeros.

xtruextillxdeathx
07-15-2003, 01:50 AM
yeah it is extremely addicting.. mountain dew live wire is what gets me... if i dont have my coke for the day... the day turns into hell...
it fuckin sucks.

xstabex
07-15-2003, 12:16 PM
I have a large stockpile of caffiene free mountain dew in my room right now. I used to be addicted to caffiene drinks and then I realized that is where my headaches came from. Once I stopped drinking it, I've slept better, and had hardly any headaches. I still drink it when there is no caffiene free sodas around, but I can regulate it.

Mmmmm, caffiene free moutain dew and caffiene free sundrop are my friends.

xsecx
07-15-2003, 12:24 PM
I have a large stockpile of caffiene free mountain dew in my room right now. I used to be addicted to caffiene drinks and then I realized that is where my headaches came from. Once I stopped drinking it, I've slept better, and had hardly any headaches. I still drink it when there is no caffiene free sodas around, but I can regulate it.

caffiene free dr pepper is also good times. and caffiene free big red.

xstabex
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM

caffiene free dr pepper is also good times. and caffiene free big red.

Oh yeah, when I first saw the caffiene free Dr. Pepper, I bought a few. What's big red though?

xsecx
07-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah, when I first saw the caffiene free Dr. Pepper, I bought a few. What's big red though?

it's from texas. I can't begin to describe it. it's just red soda. it's like trying to explain cola.

linsee
07-15-2003, 05:18 PM
i cant for the life of me stop drinking things with caffeine in them...it prolly would help me sleep if i did tho

xsecx
07-15-2003, 05:21 PM
i cant for the life of me stop drinking things with caffeine in them...it prolly would help me sleep if i did tho

it's like anything else, once you start, it's easy. most things that are caffienated you can get decaf that's just as good.

xtruextillxdeathx
07-15-2003, 05:21 PM
... your not alone linsee... just today ive had 3 barq's ... i gotta sto.

but it just taste SO good... haha

xsecx
07-15-2003, 05:23 PM

barq's isn't even that good in terms of root beer. most of the amazing root beer doesn't have caffiene and barq's just has caffiene as a gimmick.

linsee
07-15-2003, 06:35 PM

barq's isn't even that good in terms of root beer. most of the amazing root beer doesn't have caffiene and barq's just has caffiene as a gimmick.

mug root beer is better

xsecx
07-15-2003, 06:36 PM

mug root beer is better

you live in illinois, you should be drinking goose island.

linsee
07-15-2003, 06:37 PM

mug root beer is better

you live in illinois, you should be drinking goose island.

believe it or not its hard to find
and kinda expensive

xsecx
07-15-2003, 06:40 PM
believe it or not its hard to find
and kinda expensive

microbreweries make the best rootbeer though. and if you're gonna drink root beer you should drink the good shit. if it doesn't come in a bottle it's shit.

xsecx
07-15-2003, 06:42 PM
http://www.annoyances.com/rb/

most of these I agree with. and anthony is a really good guy that's been on the sxe-l forever.

xstabex
07-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Creme soda is better than root beer anyway.

straightXed
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
I respect you a lot kent but you are fucking nuts!

xsecx
07-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Creme soda is better than root beer anyway.

yeah. you're nuts.

xstabex
07-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Nah, I just have better tastes than you two. Haha.

xsecx
07-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Nah, I just have better tastes than you two. Haha.

all cream soda tastes the same. there isn't good cream soda, there isn't bad cream soda. there is just cream soda.

the same cannot be said for root beer.

unspoken
07-15-2003, 08:01 PM
thomas kemper is the shit

and i have to agree with kent... cream soda is better

xsecx
07-15-2003, 08:03 PM
thomas kemper is the shit

and i have to agree with kent... cream soda is better

you're also nuts then.
but you can get green river, which is good times.

unspoken
07-15-2003, 08:05 PM
green river is good, so is silver city

Torche
07-16-2003, 05:45 AM
cream soda by far kicks root beers ass.

xsecx
07-16-2003, 09:16 AM
cream soda by far kicks root beers ass.

no one cares what you think. don't you have people to go irrationally hate?

xstabex
07-20-2003, 01:45 AM
all cream soda tastes the same. there isn't good cream soda, there isn't bad cream soda. there is just cream soda.

No. I just tried some Jones Soda Cream Soda, and it is the greatest cream soda that I have ever tasted. It was unlike any I've had, so fucking good.

xsecx
07-20-2003, 09:29 AM

No. I just tried some Jones Soda Cream Soda, and it is the greatest cream soda that I have ever tasted. It was unlike any I've had, so fucking good.

if it was unlike any that you've ever had, then how is it cream soda?

xstabex
07-20-2003, 11:01 AM

if it was unlike any that you've ever had, then how is it cream soda?

Meaning, it was really really good. It had a unique taste to it, while still having that basic cream soda taste.

xsecx
07-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Meaning, it was really really good. It had a unique taste to it, while still having that basic cream soda taste.

I'd bet solid money if I lined up a bunch of different cream sodas you couldn't tell what was what.

and I know for a fact that I can do it with rootbeer.

xstabex
07-20-2003, 11:15 AM
I'd bet solid money if I lined up a bunch of different cream sodas you couldn't tell what was what.

It's a deal. Bring it.

xsecx
07-20-2003, 11:24 AM

It's a deal. Bring it.

next time you're in civilization come on over.

xstabex
07-20-2003, 11:26 AM

It's a deal. Bring it.

next time you're in civilization come on over.

Civilization?? We got a super wal-mart here!

xsecx
07-20-2003, 11:30 AM

sure thing hill billy.

xstabex
07-20-2003, 11:51 AM

sure thing hill billy.

Don't make me hit you in the face with my banjo.

Dummy
07-20-2003, 09:02 PM
*dueling banjo theme*

xsecx
07-20-2003, 09:03 PM

sure thing hill billy.

Don't make me hit you in the face with my banjo.

squeal like a pig come on boy. squeal.

Dummy
07-20-2003, 09:10 PM
im gonna take pleasure in guttin' you boy

DcDuckee
07-20-2003, 09:28 PM
now that i dont drink caffiene im always tired....before i could stay up until 6 now its 10:30 and im dieing. im struggling to kee p away.

xsecx
07-20-2003, 09:29 PM
now that i dont drink caffiene im always tired....before i could stay up until 6 now its 10:30 and im dieing. im struggling to kee p away.

eventually you get used to it. if nothing else, that should just show you what kind of effect caffiene was having on you.

positive youth crew
08-10-2003, 06:34 PM
i drink lots of soda caffine or caffine free. i am not addicted to caffine so therefore i dont need it. i just think its much more straight edge im sure many of you people who make up rules will disagree but i do think its more straight edge to have a can of soda then a can of beer right? so i like to drink soda thats cool im not drinking alcohol and getting drunk off my ass. i simply like the taste of soda it tastes good right? so lets all drink a can of coke caffine or caffine free.

xsecx
08-10-2003, 06:39 PM
i drink lots of soda caffine or caffine free. i am not addicted to caffine so therefore i dont need it. i just think its much more straight edge im sure many of you people who make up rules will disagree but i do think its more straight edge to have a can of soda then a can of beer right? so i like to drink soda thats cool im not drinking alcohol and getting drunk off my ass. i simply like the taste of soda it tastes good right? so lets all drink a can of coke caffine or caffine free.

yeah, but couldn't everything you said here also be same about drinking 1 beer. I could simply like the taste of beer and have one beer which in no ways make me drunk. that's basically what you're saying. And if you drink 1-2 caffinated beverages a day you've probably developed a chemical dependency on it.

xvunderx
08-10-2003, 07:13 PM

That makes no sence, i could say a bottle of wine is more edge than 3 lines of coke. I couls also say I drink beer cos i like the taste not to get drunk. None of that changes the fact that they are still drugs.

I also think you'd be surprised how much of a hold caffine can have, it's been the hardest thing for most people to give up. (excluding smoking and crack of course!)

straightXed
08-11-2003, 04:05 PM
TV. Is that a drug?

DcDuckee
08-11-2003, 05:18 PM
TV. Is that a drug?

you dont get addicted to tv. my mom got tired of my brothers ordering movies through digital cable so she cancelled cable all together i dont watch tv anymore and i really dont mind it. i think its kinda boring anyways. i like the internet a lot better

xsecx
08-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DcDuckee

you dont get addicted to tv. my mom got tired of my brothers ordering movies through digital cable so she cancelled cable all together i dont watch tv anymore and i really dont mind it. i think its kinda boring anyways. i like the internet a lot better

was he ordering normal movies or naughty movies?

xtruextillxdeathx
08-30-2003, 02:24 PM
yeah im the same way... i used to watch tv all of the time.. but now i havent turned it on for prolly a month now... i guess i would rather be doing stuff than watching people do stuff...

bnotloved
09-10-2003, 05:23 PM
is caffine really a drug? i can see how it is in some ways because it is a bit mood altering and to some effect does have some symptoms of drugs, like keeping you awake and giving you a head ache if you suddenly stop having it (caffine withdrawl). but is it REALLY a drug?

xsecx
09-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by bnotloved
is caffine really a drug? i can see how it is in some ways because it is a bit mood altering and to some effect does have some symptoms of drugs, like keeping you awake and giving you a head ache if you suddenly stop having it (caffine withdrawl). but is it REALLY a drug?

what do you think? If you can get addicted to it and suffer withdrawl from it when you don't take it, why wouldn't it be a drug?

XprennaX
09-11-2003, 04:51 AM

Caffeine is defined by the International Olympic Commitee, the Department of Health, and the FDA, as a drug. That's good enough for me.

haPrdUcoNreK
09-16-2003, 10:31 PM
what kind of sweets have caffeine in them besides like... chocolate

or any food

Dummy
09-17-2003, 12:46 AM
i think TV and internet are sorta the same thing. internet might be a bit more interactive. but i don't both at the same time.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by haPrdUcoNreK
what kind of sweets have caffeine in them besides like... chocolate

or any food

(dude, so don't quote me on this but...) i'm pretty sure most candies do, ice teas, lemonade, sodas (even the kind that say caffine free!) mostly anything sweet and chewy, even some lip glosses! scary huh!?! when i said i was cutting caffine out of my diet, i didn't realize i was giving up the staples in a teenagers diet... soda and candy!

p.s.
you were so quoting Die Trying! i fucking love them i listen to thier album EVERYDAY and when i say EVERYDAY i mean EVERYDAY!!!! (and you user name i clever as hell, i was staring at my sceene for like 2 minutes flat like "what the fuck does that say?" don't worry... i'm one of those slow kids------ and isn't it ironic that he says in the song, "two pots of coffee i'm on my way..." yeah he's on his way to a seriouse caffine hang over!

haPrdUcoNreK
09-29-2003, 05:09 PM
yes, die trying is a sweet band. that is my favorite song by them if you couldnt tell. thanx about the screen name, a lot of people call me gay or tell me my name sux. thats why i love it. people look at it for a little and wonder what the fuck it says and then when they figure out they act like it didnt take them a while. fuk them. anyways Die Trying is a really good band for their genre of music.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 05:14 PM
yes, die trying is a sweet band. that is my favorite song by them if you couldnt tell. thanx about the screen name, a lot of people call me gay or tell me my name sux. thats why i love it. people look at it for a little and wonder what the fuck it says and then when they figure out they act like it didnt take them a while. fuk them. anyways Die Trying is a really good band for their genre of music.

yes indeed! FUCK THEM! you're absolutely right but i'm so not afraid to look like a complete asshole in front of peopl that i dont know!do you know when they are going on tour? i'd love to see them live! i think i love them so much because the sound alot like papa roach...

haPrdUcoNreK
09-29-2003, 05:30 PM
where are you from

xsecx
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
[B](dude, so don't quote me on this but...) i'm pretty sure most candies do, ice teas, lemonade, sodas (even the kind that say caffine free!) mostly anything sweet and chewy, even some lip glosses! scary huh!?! when i said i was cutting caffine out of my diet, i didn't realize i was giving up the staples in a teenagers diet... soda and candy!

lemonade has no caffiene. neither does any soda that says caffiene free. most candy doesn't. the only stuff that does is chocolate which is minute or things that have caffiene added.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 05:39 PM
where are you from

the ass crack of he east coast-- Paterson NJ

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
lemonade has no caffiene. neither does any soda that says caffiene free. most candy doesn't. the only stuff that does is chocolate which is minute or things that have caffiene added.

uh, some brands of lamonadedo have(like brisk and cristal light and those powders) caffine does sodas that are labled cafine free do sometimes have minute trases of caffine (not considered enough to be labled) and lots of candys do (like twizlers and taffys); ask a dietitian or a doctor...

xsecx
09-29-2003, 05:49 PM
uh, some brands of lamonadedo have(like brisk and cristal light and those powders) caffine does sodas that are labled cafine free do sometimes have minute trases of caffine (not considered enough to be labled) and lots of candys do (like twizlers and taffys); ask a dietitian or a doctor...

if it is in something, it has to be listed as an ingredient, by law regardless of amount. They are however listed in order amount but there isn't a legal requirement to include the actual amount on the label. Anyone that has told you otherwise is pulling your leg.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
if it is in something, it has to be listed as an ingredient, by law regardless of amount. They are however listed in order amount but there isn't a legal requirement to include the actual amount on the label. Anyone that has told you otherwise is pulling your leg.

maybe so, but hey, its better to be safe then sorry

xsecx
09-29-2003, 05:52 PM
maybe so, but hey, its better to be safe then sorry

to be safe is to read the ingredient lists and know what things are. most of the things you listed don't have caffiene and you're avoiding them needlessly.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
to be safe is to read the ingredient lists and know what things are. most of the things you listed don't have caffiene and you're avoiding them needlessly.

i know i'm gunna come off like a real asshole but you're really preachy... and really pushing condisending

xsecx
09-29-2003, 05:56 PM
i know i'm gunna come off like a real asshole but you're really preachy... and really pushing condisending

and you're coming off like a know it all with false information. sorry if I want people to actually read factual things.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 06:09 PM
and you're coming off like a know it all with false information. sorry if I want people to actually read factual things.

see, there's that condisending thing popping up again, sorry that i'm sharing things that i've come to find as FACT by a PROFESSIONAL but hey, what the hell do they know right? they only went to school for this all thier life! don't believe everything you hear either... because you may come off like a know it all with false information... do you know what's in the coloring, preservatives, and all that other crap, they tell you what crap makes the candy, not what makes the crap that makes the candy

xsecx
09-29-2003, 06:13 PM
see, there's that condisending thing popping up again, sorry that i'm sharing things that i've come to find as FACT by a PROFESSIONAL but hey, what the hell do they know right? they only went to school for this all thier life! don't believe everything you hear either... because you may come off like a know it all with false information... do you know what's in the coloring, preservatives, and all that other crap, they tell you what crap makes the candy, not what makes the crap that makes the candy

then go and find something online that backs you up. clearly if it's something like that, it's well known and researchable. find it and prove yourself right.

bnotloved
09-29-2003, 06:26 PM
then go and find something online that backs you up. clearly if it's something like that, it's well known and researchable. find it and prove yourself right.

i can tell that you now don't like me (i sometimes have that effect on people) which really sucks. i can also tell that i maybe seen as a theat for challenging your divine oppinion. the truth is i really don't care if anyone believes me because i'm not looking up CRAP to prove myself. this is not because i'm not going to find anything its because i'm lazy as fuck! this maybe seen as incriminating but do you really care that much? i don't- i just like "sharing a dialoug" B.K.A aruing with someone with a will as strong as mine.
but before you pat yourself on the back for defeating the loud mouth spoild fat kid, it was pure laziness on my part allowed you to win this battle. in all honesty, i have a calculus exam tommorrow and this wasjust a pleasent distraction to keep me from studing, and you have just motivated to go do that-----STUDY.

ps
dont mind the way that i wrote this and the words that i used to describe the situation, i want to be a journalist and my words are my weapons-- nothing but love on this end--- till we meet again...

xsecx
09-29-2003, 06:32 PM
i can tell that you now don't like me (i sometimes have that effect on people) which really sucks. i can also tell that i maybe seen as a theat for challenging your divine oppinion. the truth is i really don't care if anyone believes me because i'm not looking up CRAP to prove myself. this is not because i'm not going to find anything its because i'm lazy as fuck! this maybe seen as incriminating but do you really care that much? i don't- i just like "sharing a dialoug" B.K.A aruing with someone with a will as strong as mine.
but before you pat yourself on the back for defeating the loud mouth spoild fat kid, it was pure laziness on my part allowed you to win this battle. in all honesty, i have a calculus exam tommorrow and this wasjust a pleasent distraction to keep me from studing, and you have just motivated to go do that-----STUDY.

ps
dont mind the way that i wrote this and the words that i used to describe the situation, i want to be a journalist and my words are my weapons-- nothing but love on this end--- till we meet again...

I don't like or dislike you. I do however have a problem with people spouting off things and not backing them up. Especially for someone that wants to be a journalist, you should know that everything you say, you need to be able to provide back up, and "go talk to a dr" doesn't do it. It's pointless and you might as well have not made the initial post or any that followed.

bnotloved
10-01-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't like or dislike you. I do however have a problem with people spouting off things and not backing them up. Especially for someone that wants to be a journalist, you should know that everything you say, you need to be able to provide back up, and "go talk to a dr" doesn't do it. It's pointless and you might as well have not made the initial post or any that followed.

dude, lighten up, have a coffee or smething (joke... laughs should follow this). i'm just saying that if i'm told by a perfessional who isn't exactly at my beck and call whenever i have to prove myself to someone i just take her seriuosly and share the info, ok? you may consider it "pointless" but you didn't have to go about extroverting it to me in such a rude way, ya dig what i'm saying?

xsecx
10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
dude, lighten up, have a coffee or smething (joke... laughs should follow this). i'm just saying that if i'm told by a perfessional who isn't exactly at my beck and call whenever i have to prove myself to someone i just take her seriuosly and share the info, ok? you may consider it "pointless" but you didn't have to go about extroverting it to me in such a rude way, ya dig what i'm saying?

yeah, but the thing is, you didn't actually share any information. You speculated. You're claiming things that don't list caffiene as an ingredient has caffiene. There is just no basis for that statement. and since you're the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Munncha
10-20-2003, 05:21 PM

Just thought i'd jump in a dead topic. Items do not have to list caffeine as an ingredient if they didn't add it as caffiene.
For example:
Chocolate has caffeine. If they label something as having chocolate, it probably has caffiene. Coffee beans the same way. So, not having caffeine in the ingredients =! no caffeine.

Regardless, the other fellow is still full of shit. Sprite is caffiene free as far as i know.

Dummy
10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Munncha
Just thought i'd jump in a dead topic. Items do not have to list caffeine as an ingredient if they didn't add it as caffiene.
For example:
Chocolate has caffeine. If they label something as having chocolate, it probably has caffiene. Coffee beans the same way. So, not having caffeine in the ingredients =! no caffeine.

Regardless, the other fellow is still full of shit. Sprite is caffiene free as far as i know.

sprite as well as many other sodas will boldy state they are caffiene free.

xsecx
10-21-2003, 05:55 AM
For example:

why are people convinced that chocolate has any amount of caffiene that needs to be avoided?

Munncha
10-21-2003, 01:20 PM
why are people convinced that chocolate has any amount of caffiene that needs to be avoided?

It doesn't and i don't. It still has caffeine in it though.

xsecx
10-21-2003, 05:30 PM
It doesn't and i don't. It still has caffeine in it though.

soy sauce has alcohol in it. so does orange juice.
but not enough to actually matter so bringing it up in a conversation about coffee and soda is pointless.

Dummy
10-21-2003, 05:48 PM
orange juice contains alcahol?
no way *goes and checks*

Dummy
10-21-2003, 05:51 PM
its not listed in the ingredients
but i know hersheys lists caffiene in their ingredients

xsecx
10-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
orange juice contains alcahol?
no way *goes and checks*

it beings fermenting as soon as it's exposed to air.

xsecx
10-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Dummy
its not listed in the ingredients
but i know hersheys lists caffiene in their ingredients

just say no to crack
http://www.hersheys.com/nutrition_consumer/caffeine.shtml

XprennaX
10-22-2003, 07:45 AM
soy sauce has alcohol in it. so does orange juice.
but not enough to actually matter so bringing it up in a conversation about coffee and soda is pointless.

I think aubergine or something like that has nicotine in it but I can't remember, it's been a while since I read about that.

xsecx
10-22-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by XprennaX
I think aubergine or something like that has nicotine in it but I can't remember, it's been a while since I read about that.

it does, but not as much as tomacco.

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 02:33 AM
I hate to admit this, but I have a terrible caffeine addiction. I need coffee or tea or soda to wake up, otherwise I'm tired all day and I get MAJOR headaches, but when I do drink it, I can't sleep at night. I've tried to quit 6 times.

xsecx
04-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixRising
I hate to admit this, but I have a terrible caffeine addiction. I need coffee or tea or soda to wake up, otherwise I'm tired all day and I get MAJOR headaches, but when I do drink it, I can't sleep at night. I've tried to quit 6 times.

have you tried picking a time to stop when you don't have to get up early for a while like a vacation or a school break? it'll take a good 2+ weeks to get it out of your system, but typically you will sleep better and the headaches go away when the dependence does.

PhoenixRising
04-18-2004, 12:53 AM
have you tried picking a time to stop when you don't have to get up early for a while like a vacation or a school break? it'll take a good 2+ weeks to get it out of your system, but typically you will sleep better and the headaches go away when the dependence does.

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that.

PhoenixRising
05-02-2004, 12:44 AM

7 times. Stupid pepsi.

xsecx
05-02-2004, 08:13 AM
7 times. Stupid pepsi.

caffeine free pepsi is pretty easy to find.

xgregx
05-02-2004, 09:36 AM

Sprite, Seirra Mist, Root Beer, 7-Up
those are all caffeine free sodas

PhoenixRising
05-09-2004, 04:20 AM

It's really hard to get here.

xsecx
05-09-2004, 04:22 AM
It's really hard to get here.

wow. that's nuts. here and everywhere I've traveled you can find caffiene free coke and pepsi at every supermarket.

XrandomideazX
05-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I cant go to sleep at night because of caffiene!DAMN YOU VANILLA COKE!

xsecx
05-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by XrandomideazX
I cant go to sleep at night because of caffiene!DAMN YOU VANILLA COKE!

THE MIND CONTROLS THE BODY, YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE!

AND I...... AM...............NOT A SUPERHERO!

xsecx
08-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone can explain to me why caffeine is a good thing and why its consumption should be overlooked or is irrelevant?

Sean The Red
08-18-2004, 03:21 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone can explain to me why caffeine is a good thing and why its consumption should be overlooked or is irrelevant?

it shouldn't be overlooked. It has many of the same effects as cocaine, and there is no question about where straight edge persons stand on that matter.

Cocaine:
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Cocaine?open
Caffeine:
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Caffeine?open

Aluralas
08-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Besides chocolate, I've gotten rid of caffiene from my life...and I'm working on getting rid of the chocolate.

xsecx
08-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Aluralas
Besides chocolate, I've gotten rid of caffiene from my life...and I'm working on getting rid of the chocolate.

what's the point of getting rid of chocolate?