PDA

View Full Version : positive messages through music

XrandomideazX
04-12-2004, 10:27 PM
i hear some pretty hurtful things through music now a days ...can anyone tell me who are some good punk bands with at least A positive message?

xgregx
04-12-2004, 10:43 PM
RANCID! [cringes]

XrandomideazX
04-12-2004, 10:51 PM
i havent really took a listen to any of rancids lyrics....but i guess maybe i should....then again i really dont listen to rancid

straightXed
04-13-2004, 04:53 AM
i don't know any punk but i could always direct you towards some posi-core

xgregx
04-13-2004, 11:50 AM
from what I hear from my friends and other people online..
Punk = positive

Yokosack
04-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Well if ur anti american, Anti-Flag is possitve lol.

straightXed
04-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
from what I hear from my friends and other people online..
Punk = positive

from what i understand its not very positive.

xsecx
04-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
from what i understand its not very positive.

ed. the exploited were the most positive band ever.

XprennaX
04-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Nomeansno. Their song "Kill Everyone Now" seems like a positive message for the world to me.

xsecx
04-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by XprennaX
Nomeansno. Their song "Kill Everyone Now" seems like a positive message for the world to me.

yeah, but that's the goth side of you talking

XprennaX
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
yeah, but that's the goth side of you talking

Hahaha! What is Goth about genocide? Now if it was "Kill Yourself Now" then people might think it was Goth........or Emo

xsecx
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by XprennaX
Hahaha! What is Goth about genocide? Now if it was "Kill Yourself Now" then people might think it was Goth........or Emo

death in general is goth.

XprennaX
04-13-2004, 03:39 PM
death in general is goth.

Oh ok, that's cleared that up for me, thanks!

straightXed
04-13-2004, 05:17 PM
ed. the exploited were the most positive band ever.

"feeling depressed now every day
for the last three weeks of my life
listen to the same bullshit everyday
slowly tourturing me, driving me insane"

XrandomideazX
04-13-2004, 06:41 PM
anti flags messages arent too positve but they do have a song called "Ranknfile" that has a pretty positive message!
an excellent tune in my opinion

Straightedgecat
04-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Yokosack
Well if ur anti american, Anti-Flag is possitve lol.

i dont like anti-flag but there not Anti- American.. i hate bush and i agree with most of there views. and im not anti-american so you might want to refraise that

XrandomideazX
04-23-2004, 05:02 PM
refraise what?
most songs by anti flag arent positive.maybe to the people who think they have the ability to over throw the government.but i didnt say anything ,needing refraising.

straightXed
04-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by XrandomideazX
refraise what?
most songs by anti flag arent positive.maybe to the people who think they have the ability to over throw the government.but i didnt say anything ,needing refraising.

you did notice that you weren't the one being quoted and that means that it wasn't in reference to any comments you made.

Straightedgecat
04-23-2004, 08:59 PM
refraise what?

by the way i never said they were positive i just said that they potray a political message that i believe, i dont believe that political message because of them i was raised that was and i developed that on my own and they dont sing about over throwing the government. they sing about changing it. and you need to refraise..

xgregx
04-23-2004, 11:26 PM
down with punk,

up with Earth Crisis.

Straightedgecat
04-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
down with punk,

up with Earth Crisis.

word... this kid thinks i like fucking Anti-flag but i dont i just agree with there views i hate there music because its knock off "street punk"

but i agree down with the punk rock

up with the earth crisis

XrandomideazX
04-27-2004, 11:12 PM
i didnt say anti flag talks about over throwing the govt.as a matter of fact a-f gets on my nerves.i said a-f is for people who think theycan overthrow the things they hate by listening to the points by a band who doesnt even get the whole purpose of "anarchy"..its completely retarded!they say the things becuase they know that kids think anarchy is kool and its a great way to sell records!

Straightedgecat
04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
i didnt say anti flag talks about over throwing the govt.as a matter of fact a-f gets on my nerves.i said a-f is for people who think theycan overthrow the things they hate by listening to the points by a band who doesnt even get the wtheyt hole purpose of "anarchy"..its completely retarded!they say the things becuase they know that kids think anarchy is kool and its a great way to sell records!
of corse its a good way to sell records and they do brainwash kids.. but that is why i dont listen to them i just agree with there views... and incase you were going to say that they "brainwashed me" they didnt because i bareley have listened to them and i have always thought that way.. but i dont like there music at all because i do find that that is a little corrupt because i agree it is a great way to sell records and maybe there just doing it for the money...