PDA

View Full Version : a question for the older people

linsee
04-09-2004, 10:05 PM
this is mostly pointed at dusty, viv, and flamestillburns. do you guys still go to shows at all? if you dont, why not? do you like any new hardcore at all? im just curious.

flame_still_burns
04-09-2004, 11:29 PM
the last show i went to was about a month and a half ago. i plan on seeing two shows this month(strike anywhere & the first step/damage control). i would really like to go to more shows, but there are several things holding me back:

1. there are not too many good shows here, so i'll travel to shows

2. i travel for work... so when i am home it has to be a band i really want to see in order to pull me away from my family for the time i am home.

3. i have been working like a madman in order to save up the down payment for the house i am buying in 6 days!!!

there are many new hardcore bands that i like. i can list them if you like.

it is difficult to find the time for things the way i could when i was younger, but i still love going to shows(even though it really makes me feel old).

linsee
04-09-2004, 11:55 PM
i was just curious. sometimes you and dusty get into the talk of shows back in 199- or 198- and it made me wonder if you dont like shows now, or hardcore now. it just seems like a lot of the people that have been around for longer than i have, look down on things now.
thanks for answering my question.

xsecx
04-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by linsee
this is mostly pointed at dusty, viv, and flamestillburns. do you guys still go to shows at all? if you dont, why not? do you like any new hardcore at all? im just curious.

my reasons are about the same as stevens. there just aren't that many good shows on around here and I'm not at the point in my life where I'm going to go to every show that's on. My job and the nature of my job has a tendency to be both time consuming and unpredictable. I might go see throwdown and comeback kid for the hell of it on the 30th, but with work I never know if I'll be able to. But this is also a reason why when I travel I make it a point to try and see shows out of town because I typically don't have the same constraints as I do here. Like I'll probably see what's going on wilmington when I go down next month to see my friends new baby, or england this summer when we go on vacation if we can, or this august when I'm going to LA to a friends wedding.

and yeah I like a lot of new hardcore.

xsecx
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by linsee
i was just curious. sometimes you and dusty get into the talk of shows back in 199- or 198- and it made me wonder if you dont like shows now, or hardcore now. it just seems like a lot of the people that have been around for longer than i have, look down on things now.
thanks for answering my question.

I don't necessarily look down on things now, but it honestly things used to be a lot better.

linsee
04-10-2004, 11:06 PM
sometimes it just sounds like you guys hate hardcore now. i just wondered.

xvunderx
04-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I really really miss going to shows, and haven't been to many since I moved to the US, mostly because I don't have people to go with, I don't feel safe going on my own, and there are hardly any good shows near by. The shows I have been to over here weren't that good, most the people were kinda dickish, I deffinatly miss things back home.