PDA

View Full Version : Poser is beggining to own

Torche
07-07-2003, 09:09 PM
im at this one message board, with a "punk" section..
and every "punk" kid in there is like..
whoo. go sum41
good charlotte rules!!!

dear god.
is punk dying?
and being replaced with....this shit?

xsecx
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
whoo. go sum41
good charlotte rules!!!

dear god.
is punk dying?

punk died a long time ago.

Torche
07-07-2003, 09:14 PM
i know
and tha FUCKING SUCKS
god...
i just want it to come back
i hate to see it replaces with this filthy shit.

xvunderx
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I just want to see people inovating again. No one seems to want to start any thing new.

straightXed
07-09-2003, 06:23 AM
I just want to see people inovating again. No one seems to want to start any thing new.

You mean like thinking for ourselves and making new ideas come to life? But i just want to have it all handed to me on a plate so i can make a complete mish mash of what i see.

xvunderx
07-09-2003, 10:34 AM

You mean like thinking for ourselves and making new ideas come to life? But i just want to have it all handed to me on a plate so i can make a complete mish mash of what i see.

It's so postmodern!

Torche
07-09-2003, 12:39 PM
i just wish that more people would start punk bands again...
i see a bunch of up and coming bands where i live, but they are all just like..screamo hardcorebands.
nothing really punk

xstabex
07-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Sum 41 and Good Charlotte aren't punk bands!?

Holy hell. Please tell me Avril is, atleast.

xvunderx
07-12-2003, 11:20 AM

It's ok Avril is punk as fuck.

xstabex
07-12-2003, 08:45 PM

*whew*

Thank you!

linsee
07-12-2003, 10:32 PM

*whew*

Thank you!

kent has a crush on her and thinks her songs are deep and meaningful
like sk8er boi

xvunderx
07-12-2003, 10:44 PM

*whew*

Thank you!

like sk8er boi

That song so changed my life

xstabex
07-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated, Linsee?

straightXed
07-15-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm a big avril fan, i have her greatest hits cd in my collection. It was supprisingly cheap and takes up a lot less space than most cds.

xsecx
07-15-2003, 06:05 PM
I'm a big avril fan, i have her greatest hits cd in my collection. It was supprisingly cheap and takes up a lot less space than most cds.

don't you mean tits.

straightXed
07-15-2003, 06:07 PM
no i don't have a collection of those, i'm a bad shot and not up early enough.

Torche
07-16-2003, 05:47 AM
.....ed...

that was strangly disturbing....

xvunderx
07-16-2003, 10:46 AM

I thought it came on 7"

straightXed
07-18-2003, 08:56 AM
yeah a one sided seven inch, it's quite short and sounds strangely like a gun shot?

sXe_chicana
07-24-2003, 02:23 AM

*whew*

Thank you!

like sk8er boi

glad to see there is at least someone else in the world that sees things like me!!
pro-avril represent yo!

XprennaX
07-24-2003, 08:28 AM
whoo. go sum41
good charlotte rules!!!

dear god.
is punk dying?

I would disagree with that. There are a lot of punk bands stil out there and the whole DIY ethic and everything. Just because the mainstream is presenting some pop music as punk doesn't change the fact that there is still real punk out there.
There again it could depend on what your definition of punk is.

xsecx
07-24-2003, 11:54 AM

I would disagree with that. There are a lot of punk bands stil out there and the whole DIY ethic and everything. Just because the mainstream is presenting some pop music as punk doesn't change the fact that there is still real punk out there.
There again it could depend on what your definition of punk is.[/quote]

viv and I had this conversation a while ago. what is punk in the UK is a totally different breed to what is here. in the UK it didn't die. here, it definitely did.

however, the DIY ethic isn't unique to punk. and what counts as punk here is good charlotte. when kids talk about punk, that's what they mean. with the rare exception of someone saying "no real punk, like rancid" which is just as bad.

me. I trust choke and slapshot. punks dead, you're next. 1989.

XprennaX
07-24-2003, 12:27 PM

There again it could depend on what your definition of punk is.

viv and I had this conversation a while ago. what is punk in the UK is a totally different breed to what is here. in the UK it didn't die. here, it definitely did.

however, the DIY ethic isn't unique to punk. and what counts as punk here is good charlotte. when kids talk about punk, that's what they mean. with the rare exception of someone saying "no real punk, like rancid" which is just as bad.

me. I trust choke and slapshot. punks dead, you're next. 1989.[/quote]

Ah fair enough, I hadn't considered the fact that there'd be a difference between the UK and US.

I love that Slapshot song!!

XxSingsInSorrowxX
08-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Punk is dieing and good charlotte sucks and so does sum41... Afi kicks butt and so does Smile empty sole! sXe~XxSingsinsorrowxX~sXe

xsecx
08-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Punk is dieing and good charlotte sucks and so does sum41... Afi kicks butt and so does Smile empty sole! sXe~XxSingsinsorrowxX~sXe

punk in america has been dead for a very very long time.

xgcfx
08-04-2003, 08:15 PM

AFI is as mainstrem as Sum 41, and Good Charlotte. AFI is just another trend...its cool to like AFI now. Their music is the same kind of garbage that Sum 41 puts out. They became big, and now they are just shadows of their former selves.

They sucked to begin with though.

xsecx
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
AFI is as mainstrem as Sum 41, and Good Charlotte. AFI is just another trend...its cool to like AFI now. Their music is the same kind of garbage that Sum 41 puts out. They became big, and now they are just shadows of their former selves.

They sucked to begin with though.

AFI has been doing their thing for a very very long time and davey is still a hardcore kid and goes to shows in socal. I don't necessarily like everything they've ever done but I still hold them in pretty high regard in terms of them being true to their thing all along. They've always been Misfits 2 it's just now that lots of people are starting to notice. IT's like hatebreed. They're hella popular but they've stayed true to the same thing all along.

DcDuckee
08-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Yeah Avril Lavigne..She's so like totally hardcore guys!! My favorite singer EVER!! =p

DcDuckee
08-04-2003, 09:09 PM
dude i hate when i do that...sorry..everyone was talking about avril a while ago..i didnt realize there was another page...

xsecx
08-04-2003, 09:11 PM
dude i hate when i do that...sorry..everyone was talking about avril a while ago..i didnt realize there was another page...

next time just click the quote button on the one you want to talk about, much easier to follow that way.

DcDuckee
08-04-2003, 10:52 PM
alright thanks

positive youth crew
08-10-2003, 07:17 PM
oh yeah it is so punk rawk to give people shit for liking a band you dont. seriously get over it even if it isnt punk why must you only limit yourself to one genre of music? what about someone who likes new found glory and also likes the casualties or something. what if i liked elvis or something am i a poser for liking elvis or bob marley since they arent punk rawk?

positive youth crew
08-10-2003, 07:21 PM
and punks not dead - the exploited

xsecx
08-10-2003, 07:29 PM

listen to slapshots response to that song, in 1989.
punk is very much dead.

straightXed
08-11-2003, 03:49 PM

Anyone hear about that asswipe billy joel whatever his name is from green day offering out that dude from exploited because he said green day aren't punk!?

That dude from exploited, i appologise for my lack of knowing names here, will bounce him off the walls in my opinion. Even though apparently he has been doing speed everyday for ten years now.

barmy army?

XprennaX
08-12-2003, 12:00 PM

Anyone hear about that asswipe billy joel whatever his name is from green day offering out that dude from exploited because he said green day aren't punk!?

That dude from exploited, i appologise for my lack of knowing names here, will bounce him off the walls in my opinion. Even though apparently he has been doing speed everyday for ten years now.

barmy army?

I'd pay to see that fight.

straightXed
08-12-2003, 12:30 PM
fight? Anihilation you mean!

xAFIx
09-03-2003, 08:25 PM
hey i hope to god punks not dying..its my life..u kno?

xsecx
09-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by xAFIx
hey i hope to god punks not dying..its my life..u kno?

punk died a long time ago. lives should be based on things more concrete than musical trends.

Sean The Red
09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
christ almighty, and I was convinced I would never agree with dusty...

darkXinXtorment
10-25-2003, 04:06 PM
do all of you really like avril or are u being sarcastic ?? and punk is not dead its just taking a nap.. thats all i have to say

xsecx
10-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by darkXinXtorment
do all of you really like avril or are u being sarcastic ?? and punk is not dead its just taking a nap.. thats all i have to say

no dude. punks really dead and flipping around it's tomb.

sabresnmets
11-19-2003, 07:50 PM
ok i like rancid, and i consider them punk, i like operation ivy, although i only have one cd, what are they considered? ska?

sXe_Ensignia
11-22-2003, 05:12 PM
It's not hard to fail; It's not easy to win.
I would just like to let all of you know-- A Fire Inside has been around for over ten years, and they are still growing proudly with their fans. They are by no means "mainstream", and no where NEAR Sum-41 or Good Charlotte. And Avril is not even close to being "punk". If you would EVER like to hear true, hard-core punk, there is always Anti-Flag, Black Flag, The Misfits, The Casualties, Devotchkas, Defiance, A Global Threat, and many many more.

xsecx
11-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by sXe_Ensignia
I would just like to let all of you know-- A Fire Inside has been around for over ten years, and they are still growing proudly with their fans. They are by no means "mainstream", and no where NEAR Sum-41 or Good Charlotte. And Avril is not even close to being "punk". If you would EVER like to hear true, hard-core punk, there is always Anti-Flag, Black Flag, The Misfits, The Casualties, Devotchkas, Defiance, A Global Threat, and many many more.

none of those are hardcore.
and hardcore is hardcore. punk is punk.

afi has become neither. granted this doesn't make them bad, but they are neither punk nor hardcore.

Munncha
11-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Sean The Red
christ almighty, and I was convinced I would never agree with dusty...

I know, good thing he fixed that.

I'd quote crass for all the kids, but it's redundant. Punk has been dead everywhere for a while, and so is hardcore.

As far as exciting new ideas, go get a locust album.

As far as op ivy, i think what they were called was skapunks, though there has to be a better term somewhere. This evolved to skacore, AAA and Leftover crack.

xsecx
11-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Munncha
I know, good thing he fixed that.

I'd quote crass for all the kids, but it's redundant. Punk has been dead everywhere for a while, and so is hardcore.

As far as exciting new ideas, go get a locust album.

As far as op ivy, i think what they were called was skapunks, though there has to be a better term somewhere. This evolved to skacore, AAA and Leftover crack.

how is hardcore dead?

and locust are exciting new ideas? tight pants, black hair and coke are exciting new ideas?

Munncha
11-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
how is hardcore dead?

and locust are exciting new ideas? tight pants, black hair and coke are exciting new ideas?

18 visions is why hardcore is dead. Throwdown too, hatebreed also. For every good band there are ten terrible ones. Metalcore ruined it.

I thought clothes didn't define people.

xsecx
11-24-2003, 01:01 PM
18 visions is why hardcore is dead. Throwdown too, hatebreed also. For every good band there are ten terrible ones. Metalcore ruined it.

I thought clothes didn't define people.

you are aware that there are more than 3 bands, and your bias towards those 3 bands is amazing. Stating that doesn't state why hardcore is dead. Explain to me why hardcore is dead. Are there no longer people going to or putting on hardcore shows? Are there no long hardcore bands?

and when did I say that clothes didn't define people?

Munncha
11-24-2003, 01:04 PM
you are aware that there are more than 3 bands, and your bias towards those 3 bands is amazing. Stating that doesn't state why hardcore is dead. Explain to me why hardcore is dead. Are there no longer people going to or putting on hardcore shows? Are there no long hardcore bands?

and when did I say that clothes didn't define people?

I said that. Do they? They have masks too. Musically, i love it. Shitty live though.

Are there no more people putting on punk shows? No more punk bands?

Of course there are, they just suck. Sad copies of an original style that has been played out. Same with hardcore.

xsecx
11-24-2003, 01:10 PM
I said that. Do they? They have masks too. Musically, i love it. Shitty live though.

Of course there are, they just suck. Sad copies of an original style that has been played out. Same with hardcore.

was there a period of time where there weren't punk shows or punk bands? oh shit, yes there was.

hardcore has been going on solidly and consistantly for 2 decades now. the same cannot be said of punk. So again, how is hardcore dead? Because you don't like 3 bands?

Munncha
11-24-2003, 01:13 PM
was there a period of time where there weren't punk shows or punk bands? oh shit, yes there was.

hardcore has been going on solidly and consistantly for 2 decades now. the same cannot be said of punk. So again, how is hardcore dead? Because you don't like 3 bands?

When was this time?

So there are punk bands and punk shows in the now How is punk dead in the now?

xsecx
11-24-2003, 01:20 PM
When was this time?

So there are punk bands and punk shows in the now How is punk dead in the now?

88-97, 98

how are you going to try and argue that punk isn't dead when you just stated it was?

resistancecrime
11-24-2003, 01:33 PM

You fail to answer how hardcore is dead. Do you even listen to hardcore?

Munncha
11-24-2003, 04:31 PM
88-97, 98

how are you going to try and argue that punk isn't dead when you just stated it was?

The exploited have been around since way back and they still make the same shitty music.

Punk is dead. So is hardcore. This is for the reasons i've given. Why do you think hardcore is alive and punk is not if they're both putting on shows and forming bands? Thats my point. Your definition of what causes a scene to be "dead" is flawed.

I do listen to hardcore, mostly old stuff.

resistancecrime
11-24-2003, 05:41 PM
The exploited have been around since way back and they still make the same shitty music.

Punk is dead. So is hardcore. This is for the reasons i've given. Why do you think hardcore is alive and punk is not if they're both putting on shows and forming bands? Thats my point. Your definition of what causes a scene to be "dead" is flawed.

Dude, what reasons do you give? None of them are valid. What is your definition of a scene that has died? Old bands? Like what? And what new bands are you basing this "hardcore is dead" on?

xsecx
11-25-2003, 07:51 AM

The exploited aren't american. Punk didn't die in europe, but it did in america. Point to some bands that started during those years. Point to new growth during those years. After all that and all you can do is point to 1 band.

What reasons have you given other than you don't like 18 visions, throwdown and hatebreed. Hardcore is and has been vibrant and growing consistently. Punk hasn't. Punk stopped being relevant and died. You don't have a point, just like you haven't proven anything.

what old stuff besides minor threat? And if all you listen to is old hardcore, how are you qualified to talk about modern hardcore, especially when you've demonstrated that you don't even know or understand the history?

Munncha
11-25-2003, 01:12 PM
The exploited aren't american. Punk didn't die in europe, but it did in america. Point to some bands that started during those years. Point to new growth during those years. After all that and all you can do is point to 1 band.

What reasons have you given other than you don't like 18 visions, throwdown and hatebreed. Hardcore is and has been vibrant and growing consistently. Punk hasn't. Punk stopped being relevant and died. You don't have a point, just like you haven't proven anything.

what old stuff besides minor threat? And if all you listen to is old hardcore, how are you qualified to talk about modern hardcore, especially when you've demonstrated that you don't even know or understand the history?

Oh sweet jesus, read what i wrote.

Please list what you think it takes for a scene to be dead. If it's people making bands and playing shows, punk is alive (we both agree) and was alive (my assertion) THIS IS MY POINT

More bands: anti-flag, bad religion, the briefs. It can be a long, long list. I was going to punk shows during that time. Punk just got shitty, got played out. Same riffs and same stupid ideas. This is what hardcore did, except it got metal riffs. It's shit and it's not relevant. It's message was drowned out in a sea of mediocrity, chest thumping and tae-bo dancing.

Yes that's right, punk is dead,
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head.
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors,
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters.
CBS promote the Clash,
But it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash.
Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
And it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.

[break to make smaller]

And me, yes I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle?
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle?
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear,
The social elite with safety-pins in their ear,
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing,
The scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting.

Hardcore has gone the same way.

As far as hardcore i own: Minor threat, 7 seconds (punk to me, meh) YOT, the flex your head comp is amazing, sick of it all (meh, but i've got one) a bit o bane and thats off the top of my head. I'm qualified to talk about modern hardcore as i go to shows and see it.

As far as mr. resistance: A scene to me is dead if it's shit. If it's lost that flame that made it interesting, it's meaning. This is obviously a subjective interpetation, but it works for lack of a better one.

xsecx
11-25-2003, 01:22 PM

Please list what you think it takes for a scene to be dead. If it's people making bands and playing shows, punk is alive (we both agree) and was alive (my assertion) THIS IS MY POINT

We both agree that punk is alive?

now again, what is your point? If something is continuing non stop, how is it dead? because you don't like it?

More bands: anti-flag, bad religion, the briefs. It can be a long, long list. I was going to punk shows during that time. Punk just got shitty, got played out. Same riffs and same stupid ideas. This is what hardcore did, except it got metal riffs. It's shit and it's not relevant. It's message was drowned out in a sea of mediocrity, chest thumping and tae-bo dancing.

bad religion wasn't formed or doing new things during that time. why don't you list the ramones if that's the case. Anti-flag is "new punk revival" You were going to punk shows back in 92 or 93? Really, which ones and where?

All you're doing is 1) showing that you have a bias against hardcore and 2) have a massive lack of understanding of it's history. How is it the same riffs and stupid ideas? If that's the case then why are the ideas great in 1980 but stupid and irrelevant in 2000? All I've gotten from any of your rants that you've apparently gotten your ass kicked at hardcore shows and now hate it.

Hardcore has gone the same way.

As far as hardcore i own: Minor threat, 7 seconds (punk to me, meh) YOT, the flex your head comp is amazing, sick of it all (meh, but i've got one) a bit o bane and thats off the top of my head. I'm qualified to talk about modern hardcore as i go to shows and see it.

but yet you talk about 3 bands. If you hate hardcore so much, why do you go to shows? And again, the only thing you've said to show that it's dead is that youdon't like it.

As far as mr. resistance: A scene to me is dead if it's shit. If it's lost that flame that made it interesting, it's meaning. This is obviously a subjective interpetation, but it works for lack of a better one.

so anything you don't like is dead? At least my definition isn't subjective and isn't putting me at the center of the universe. You honestly don't know what you're talking about.

ska_is_alive
12-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Avril is definately NOT! I bought her CD one day because everyone was telling me how crappy she sounded and they were right. Now it's in the back of my closet somewhere. Good Charlotte is NOT punk, nor is Sum 41. You can thank Green Day for that.

SgtD
12-03-2003, 04:33 AM
are you so rich, you buy a cd which you were told it sux?

good for you...

Munncha
12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
To xsecx:

There is no way you misinterpeted what i said that badly, so i assume i'm being trolled again. As such, i be out.

Bad religion put out an assload of albums from 88-98, shit.

xsecx
12-03-2003, 03:12 PM
To xsecx:

There is no way you misinterpeted what i said that badly, so i assume i'm being trolled again. As such, i be out.

Bad religion put out an assload of albums from 88-98, shit.

it's always funny that whenever people say things you can't answer, you think people are "trolling you" . You're like a spoiled brat that when people say things you don't like, this is how you respond.

Now, if you actually cared, go back and read what I actually wrote. How am I misinterpretting "A scene to me is dead if it's shit. If it's lost that flame that made it interesting, it's meaning. This is obviously a subjective interpetation, but it works for lack of a better one."

all you're saying here is that if you don't like it, it's dead.

Munncha
12-03-2003, 03:19 PM
We both agree that punk is alive?

I read this far and gave up, as there was no way you got that from what i wrote. If you did, this discussion is never going to go anywhere.

xsecx
12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
I read this far and gave up, as there was no way you got that from what i wrote. If you did, this discussion is never going to go anywhere.

yeah you might want to double back and read the bullshit you spewed before it

:Originally posted by Munncha

like i said, it's easy to be dismissive when you're completely wrong.

Munncha
12-03-2003, 03:26 PM

I'd like to point you did not list what i asked for.

The IF is the important statement there. Based on what you had previously said defined punk being dead(no shows/nobands), it is not now. As you said, ~88-98 there were no punk bands. As that time is not now...

fuck it. i said no more.

xsecx
12-03-2003, 03:30 PM
I'd like to point you did not list what i asked for.

The IF is the important statement there. Based on what you had previously said defined punk being dead(no shows/nobands), it is not now. As you said, ~88-98 there were no punk bands. As that time is not now...

fuck it. i said no more.

of course if you had actually read my post before it, you would have seen: " Point to some bands that started during those years. Point to new growth during those years. After all that and all you can do is point to 1 band. "

NEW GROWTH. Your response was bad religion? A band that existed before that time frame? and anti flag? a new jack punk band?

Now be a good little boy and go back and read what people actually wrote. You're not as smart/wise/knowledgible as you pretend to be.

sabresnmets
12-03-2003, 07:55 PM
see this is where im safe, cause i dont even pretend to be smart, cause im not. this way you dont disapoint people.

sabresnmets
12-03-2003, 07:58 PM
and if you actually say something smart, people will be like "holy shit the dumb kid said something smart" and maybe theyll throw me a peanut or something.

xHOWIEX
12-12-2003, 02:19 PM
its annoying when kids on forums try to out-do people intelectually when none of them really are that intelligent.

sabresnmets
12-12-2003, 08:13 PM
dont worry about that with me..

xHOWIEX
12-13-2003, 06:13 AM
um... ok :)