PDA

View Full Version : Regional Dancing Styles

No_Crutch
04-08-2004, 11:31 PM
What are some of your guys' regions dance style?

I know in Reno, it's all about claws, windmills, and spinkicks. Most of our moves are based around fucking people up, like bopping the gopher and shit like that, but just across the pass in Sacramento, it's all about two-stepping. And then when DonnyBrook and Throwdown came through, those guys were puuling shit out that I have never seen, like the guitarist for DonnyBrook, man that guy dances weird, but anyways I was wondering what are the predominant moves and styles of your guys' area

flame_still_burns
04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
here we do the jamaican bobsled, or lawndarts. sometimes if it's a really good breakdown i'll bust into a little 'crazy cooter coming at cha'...but that's rare anymore.

when the guys from x ero x were here they busted out some crazy stuff like one legged hurdler and amish rake fight. crazy fuckers.

xsecx
04-09-2004, 07:39 AM
we had the pactor. one of the greatest dancing inventions of the 90s. it's basically where you sneak up on someone else who is dancing. drop trow and rub your bare ass on them.
god bless you tom hopkins, wherever you are.

AxZxHxC
04-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Down here in the x520x, its all about the .44 magnum.

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Here in Jersey its all about the two steps, and the spin kicks.. thats all you need to know....

JEsse-

straightXed
04-11-2004, 12:53 PM
here in weston it's all about "dancing, what? what's a show anyway? Oh right, hardcore, i like slipknot you know!"

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 01:38 PM
WHere the hell is Weston..???

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by flame_still_burns
here we do the jamaican bobsled, or lawndarts. sometimes if it's a really good breakdown i'll bust into a little 'crazy cooter coming at cha'...but that's rare anymore.

when the guys from x ero x were here they busted out some crazy stuff like one legged hurdler and amish rake fight. crazy fuckers.

Im only 13 and you have been in this much longer than I have.. may i have a translation of what you just said?? because im looking for some new moves to do but i hvae no idea what you just said..(but it sounded cool)haha

JEsse-

straightXed
04-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Straightedgecat
WHere the hell is Weston..??? its on the south west coast, near bristol

flame_still_burns
04-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Im only 13 and you have been in this much longer than I have.. may i have a translation of what you just said?? because im looking for some new moves to do but i hvae no idea what you just said..(but it sounded cool)haha

JEsse-

it was a bunch of shit i just made up.

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 05:18 PM
it was a bunch of shit i just made up.

thought so.. i read your profile and youve replied to some of my post before and i heard you talking about your wife and kids.. do your kids know what being Straight Edge is.?? and is your wife straight edge too?? just wondering out of pure curiosity.. because i respect the fact the youve raised a family and remained Edge.. thats my plan in life..

JEsse-

xsecx
04-11-2004, 05:55 PM
I however wasn't joking.

http://members.tripod.com/~pactor/index-2.html

flame_still_burns
04-11-2004, 06:02 PM
my wife is also straight edge...but she is not as much into hardcore as i am...so i'd say she's borderline drug free. my three year old knows all about straight edge. she'll say, 'that's an x, that means straight edge.'

the other day i had one of my friends on the phone and i asked her to say 'straight edge' for him on the phone... she replied 'i can't say straight edge, i can only say ballet lessons' (she's dying to go to ballet) both kids are vegan as well.

here they are yesterday at my parents house:

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sxxxwade/easter1.jpg

ella...with a lil vegan chocolate on her face...

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v148/sxxxwade/easter2.jpg

grace.

flame_still_burns
04-11-2004, 06:03 PM
holy shit those are big.

sorry if you have dial up.

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 06:09 PM
holy shit those are big.

sorry if you have dial up.

Cute kids.. thats really cool you have a straight edge familly.. im the only one in my family that is Straight Edge.. but iv found a group of friends at school who are sXe.. so when your daughters learned the alphabet in school they must have yelled out X is for Straight Edge when they learned that letter. i give you mad respect man.. and keep it up it looks like you have an awsome family..

JEsse-

xgregx
04-12-2004, 11:21 AM
you have a cool family man.

Straightedgecat
04-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
you have a cool family man.

I wish i had a Straight Edge familly.. we could be like a little clan of Edgers.. that would be cool..

JEsse-

xethanx
04-12-2004, 10:29 PM
yea man, in MA, dude it's all about busting heads with the porcelain-potty-dump, and the cock punch. kids up here go wicked sick. it's all about fucking shit up.

Straightedgecat
04-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by xethanx
yea man, in MA, dude it's all about busting heads with the porcelain-potty-dump, and the cock punch. kids up here go wicked sick. it's all about fucking shit up.

Im from Jersey and i have never heard about the "Porcelain-potty dump".. please inform me about this.. sounds pretty cool.. in newjersey my friend its about the two step and the spin kicks.. and if a man goes down it turns into eveverybody jump over him and lets see if we can clear him!..

JEsse-

xethanx
04-13-2004, 04:28 PM
sorry hommie, I just made that up too. there are not a whole lot of shows out here, so I really couldent tell you what's what.

Straightedgecat
04-13-2004, 07:02 PM
sorry hommie, I just made that up too. there are not a whole lot of shows out here, so I really couldent tell you what's what.

it all good.. but you used a very creative and convincing term.. there are alot of shows in NJ.. but im from Central NJ and all the good shows are up in northern NJ.. but out here again its mostly two steps and spin kicks, but somtimes we get some kids in there doing crazy windmills and cartweels. sick shit..

Straightedgecat
04-13-2004, 07:07 PM

one more thing.. we were kinda going at it in that chatroom involving the issue of having ot listen to hardcore to be edge.. my opologies for calling you ignorant. i deeply apologise.. i would of posted this in the chatroom that we were arguing in but there are to many posts so i dont think that you would find it..

JEsse-

SgtD
04-14-2004, 04:42 AM
as you may remember, i told you before that in Hungary there are only a few people who know how to danc. the crowd is always so mixed up (the "unity", man it sucks this way), that there are punx who don't know nothing, and pogo like hurt ducks. you can't do even a circle pit cos of them.
so i have never seen headwalking or kung fu shit in the pit, cos there's no pit.

Straightedgecat
04-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by SgtD
as you may remember, i told you before that in Hungary there are only a few people who know how to danc. the crowd is always so mixed up (the "unity", man it sucks this way), that there are punx who don't know nothing, and pogo like hurt ducks. you can't do even a circle pit cos of them.
so i have never seen headwalking or kung fu shit in the pit, cos there's no pit.

that sucks major ass. in NJ the pits are the shit..

Straightedgecat
04-14-2004, 08:57 AM

that sucks major ass. in NJ the pits are the shit.. and wow thats sounds pretty bad i don think i have ever seen somone pogo like a hurt duck..

Straightedgecat
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Sorry about that i didnt meen to post twice there.. my computer fucked up..

SgtD
04-16-2004, 04:00 AM
that's alright.

SgtD
04-16-2004, 04:05 AM
that's alright

Straightedgecat
04-16-2004, 06:40 AM
ok ok

PhoenixRising
04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
I live in a quiet suburb, so edgers are few and far between. And we almost get no shows. And the people who actually go either don't understand the concept of a pit, or they suck at it. I have a few friends who I go to shows with, but I don't think you could call them edge. It's become a new fad at my school, and it makes me want to throttle something.

Straightedgecat
04-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixRising
I live in a quiet suburb, so edgers are few and far between. And we almost get no shows. And the people who actually go either don't understand the concept of a pit, or they suck at it. I have a few friends who I go to shows with, but I don't think you could call them edge. It's become a new fad at my school, and it makes me want to throttle something.

Thats fucking stupid that its a fad.. fuck those kids up.. Straight Edge is not a fad.. tell them that and if they dont listen show those posers whos boss.. unless you just have an extremely straight edge school (which i doubt)

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Thats fucking stupid that its a fad.. fuck those kids up.. Straight Edge is not a fad.. tell them that and if they dont listen show those posers whos boss.. unless you just have an extremely straight edge school (which i doubt)

It is stupid! They call themselves edge, but they listen to GoodCharlotte (*shudder*) and get wasted every weekend. This board needs an eye-rolling smiley.

Straightedgecat
04-17-2004, 07:36 AM
It is stupid! They call themselves edge, but they listen to GoodCharlotte (*shudder*) and get wasted every weekend. This board needs an eye-rolling smiley.

oh man.. i feel so fucking bad for you.. i hate posers.. why do they think that there edge if they fucking get wasted every weeked??

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 04:59 PM
oh man.. i feel so fucking bad for you.. i hate posers.. why do they think that there edge if they fucking get wasted every weeked??

Because their stupid and can't grasp the concept. I feel fucking bad for me too.

xsecx
04-17-2004, 07:33 PM

wait, how is it any different than you listening to afi?

and smileys don't exist.

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
wait, how is it any different than you listening to afi? Ok, it was hippocritical for me to say that. But I mean that's ALL they listen to. And just because I like one band that is not considered core is no reason to bring it up in every thread. I don't bug you about the music you like.

smileys don't exist.

what the fuck are you talking about? Of course they do.

xsecx
04-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Ok, it was hippocritical for me to say that. But I mean that's ALL they listen to. And just because I like one band that is not considered core is no reason to bring it up in every thread. I don't bug you about the music you like.

you could but everything I listen to is good.

what the fuck are you talking about? Of course they do.

then try posting one.

PhoenixRising
04-17-2004, 10:47 PM
you could but everything I listen to is good.
To you perhaps, but not to everyone. Sound familliar?

Originally posted by xsecx then try posting one.

There arent any on this site, but they do exist, which is why I said "this site needs an eyerolling smiley"

What's your fucking problem anyway? Why is it neccesary to try and humiliate me at every oppurtunity? I don't recall doing anything to you. Is everyone here so mean-spirited?

xsecx
04-17-2004, 10:50 PM
To you perhaps, but not to everyone. Sound familliar?

to quote strife there is only one truth. and that truth is that my taste in music is impecible.

There arent any on this site, but they do exist, which is why I said "this site needs an eyerolling smiley"

What's your fucking problem anyway? Why is it neccesary to try and humiliate me at every oppurtunity? I don't recall doing anything to you. Is everyone here so mean-spirited?

there aren't any and that's why they don't exist.

how am I trying to humilate you by pointing out things? I'm saying, you idolize a band, you can't really turn around and then talk shit on people doing the same thing, just with another band. That's not mean spirited or humiliting to you. Why do people take things so personally?

PhoenixRising
04-18-2004, 12:50 AM
to quote strife there is only one truth. and that truth is that my taste in music is impecible.

there aren't any and that's why they don't exist.

how am I trying to humilate you by pointing out things? I'm saying, you idolize a band, you can't really turn around and then talk shit on people doing the same thing, just with another band. That's not mean spirited or humiliting to you. Why do people take things so personally?

Your right. I'm sorry. I was being hypocritical and I take things to personaly. I don't want to fight with you or anyone. Can we just forget it?

Straightedgecat
04-18-2004, 09:23 AM
wait, how is it any different than you listening to afi?

and smileys don't exist.

i must admit AFI is alot better than Good Charlotte.. but AFI has sold out and there are about as big as Good Charlotte.. so i dont think there is much of a difference in how much they have both sold out.. but if i had to choose one of the to AFI would deffetly be the choice.. the whole band is ok but Davey Havok is one cool "Guy Girl"...

PhoenixRising
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
i must admit AFI is alot better than Good Charlotte.. but AFI has sold out and there are about as big as Good Charlotte.. so i dont think there is much of a difference in how much they have both sold out..

Ya, actually, I was talking more about them drinking than what music they listen to. And I guess AFI has kinda sold out. I mostly like their early stuff anyways... you know, the stuff they did when no one had heard of them.

Davey Havok is one cool "Guy Girl"...

lol, "Guy-Girl"? Why am I afraid to ask...?

Straightedgecat
04-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Yea there really old stuff was pretty good. and davey havok is the man (so we think) no matter how much they sell out.

PhoenixRising
04-20-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic... but oh well...

ya, I love davey.

Straightedgecat
04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic... but oh well...

ya, I love davey.

I am kinda being sarcastic.. i dont care what the man looks like phsychly i like him as a human being

SgtD
04-21-2004, 03:25 AM
i must admit AFI is alot better than Good Charlotte.. but AFI has sold out and there are about as big as Good Charlotte.. so i dont think there is much of a difference in how much they have both sold out.. but if i had to choose one of the to AFI would deffetly be the choice.. the whole band is ok but Davey Havok is one cool "Guy Girl"...

oh please! don't compare afi to good charlotte.
one creates good music (or at least created) and the other is a pop group looking like rancid.

Straightedgecat
04-21-2004, 11:32 AM
we werent comparing AFI to good charlotte we were saying that they are better than them.. because this kid earlier said that some kids "listen to good charlotte" and then dusty brought up the fact that he shouldnt say that they are sell outs if he listens to AFI.. but in no way could AFI be compared musicly to good charlotte AFI made good music, good charlotte sucks my left nut.

straightXed
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
oh please! don't compare afi to good charlotte.
one creates good music (or at least created) and the other is a pop group looking like rancid.

i'm confused, which one's which?

xgregx
04-21-2004, 03:51 PM
ohhhhhh

Straightedgecat
04-22-2004, 07:01 AM
oooohh to you to my friend

PhoenixRising
04-23-2004, 11:58 PM
we werent comparing AFI to good charlotte we were saying that they are better than them.. because this kid earlier said that some kids "listen to good charlotte" and then dusty brought up the fact that he shouldnt say that they are sell outs if he listens to AFI.. but in no way could AFI be compared musicly to good charlotte AFI made good music, good charlotte sucks my left nut.

Uh, that was me. And I'm a girl.

Straightedgecat
04-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Uh, that was me. And I'm a girl.

we never said you werent

PhoenixRising
04-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Ya, you did:

he shouldnt say that they are sell outs if he listens to AFI..

xsecx
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Ya, you did:

fight to the death.

Straightedgecat
04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Ya, you did:

well how do i know your a girl?.. but i think we should have a fight to the death as dusty was saying.. but even though i said he that does not mean that i was refering to you as a male.. it means that i didnt know what sex you were so i just implied he. (not to be sexist!!) but in most languages if there is one male in a whole room of females then you refer to the group as he.. for example in spanish..

xgregx
04-26-2004, 08:24 PM
what has this board come to...there was peace and love...who are these new people who are so mean...

xsecx
04-26-2004, 08:52 PM
what has this board come to...there was peace and love...who are these new people who are so mean...

the sarcasm is going to be lost on people.

Straightedgecat
04-27-2004, 11:21 AM
we are not mean we are just debating this persons gender

SgtD
04-28-2004, 03:54 AM
back to original topic:

on friday there was a hc show here. there were about 40 people there.
3 of us started to do a circle pit, but then a few just didn't stop pogo. man i was so pissed.
then we tried kick boxing in the pogoing crowd. i (accidently ) punched my homie in the eye. everybody was looking at me like i was insane or something
man i fly over to the US and headwalk once in my lifetime.

hope at the champion show on sunday will be far more educated dancers...

Straightedgecat
04-30-2004, 10:48 AM
back to original topic:

on friday there was a hc show here. there were about 40 people there.
3 of us started to do a circle pit, but then a few just didn't stop pogo. man i was so pissed.
then we tried kick boxing in the pogoing crowd. i (accidently ) punched my homie in the eye. everybody was looking at me like i was insane or something
man i fly over to the US and headwalk once in my lifetime.

hope at the champion show on sunday will be far more educated dancers...
it should be.. and whats with the circle pit??

straightXed
04-30-2004, 10:53 AM
it should be.. and whats with the circle pit??

i love circle pits.

Straightedgecat
05-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by straightXed
i love circle pits.
im not the biggest fan of them, i prefer more to just have room to do my windmills and two step, and some cartwheels and kicks

SgtD
05-07-2004, 05:04 AM
oh man ! the show was frenetic!
all the bands were fuckin awsome! and we did circle pits, stage dive and one guy even a HEADWALK!!! man, i think now, that only my towns hc scene is shitty.
there were a lot of guys from Austria though.
greatest hc show ever.
and i wasn't injured.

i bougth the champion cd :time slips away. i think it's 2 ep-s really, not an album. it's cool. there's an alone in the crowd and a dag nasty cover on it.
and it wasn't too expensive