PDA

View Full Version : xxx emo/core kid

sliplikespace12
04-05-2004, 11:05 AM
how rare do i sound haha

xgregx
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Not very...alot of my friends are incredibly emo, but they remain edge...

Straightedgecat
04-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I hate Emo ... Emo core or "Screemo" is hardcore for pussies.. all you guys talk about is relationships... and losing ones first love..
Just Suck it Up and take it like a man...

xsecx
04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Straightedgecat
I hate Emo ... Emo core or "Screemo" is hardcore for pussies.. all you guys talk about is relationships... and losing ones first love..

what do you know about "taking it like a man" or even what it's like to be a man?

I'm saying. emo isn't my thing. I don't like it and I never have. but different things for different people. if the kid digs it so be it, but the macho act isn't necessary and it comes off like you're over compensating.

xgregx
04-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
what do you know about "taking it like a man" or even what it's like to be a man?

I'm saying. emo isn't my thing. I don't like it and I never have. but different things for different people. if the kid digs it so be it, but the macho act isn't necessary and it comes off like you're over compensating.

damn straight...

AxZxHxC
04-11-2004, 12:02 AM

I listen to some screamo (no, no the used, more llike saetia, love lost but not forgotten, orchid). But I also like hardcore, and some metal. Are you saying Im not a man (well Im not, seeing as Im still 14, but anyway) because I dont JUST listen to hardcore? I might listen to grind all day, and something a little more soothing just might be a little more soothing to the ears.

Yokosack
04-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Screemo and Emo Core are two different things, I do listen to some screemo like Alexis on fire.

PS: Good not to be the only 14 year old here.

Straightedgecat
04-11-2004, 06:11 PM
I turn 14 in 8 days.. (April 19)

PhoenixRising
04-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I have succeeded in finding 2 emo bands that don't suck more than a vaccum. I have concluded that it's not so much the bands that suck, it's the kids that call themselves "emo" and get all sappy. Not all of them are like that, I have a few non-sappy emo friends, but it's pretty rare.

Straightedgecat
04-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixRising
I have succeeded in finding 2 emo bands that don't suck more than a vaccum. I have concluded that it's not so much the bands that suck, it's the kids that call themselves "emo" and get all sappy. Not all of them are like that, I have a few non-sappy emo friends, but it's pretty rare.

i agree kinda.. but it is also somtimes the poppy anthems and poppy guitar riffs, that somtimes come with the Emo territorry

Riki
04-15-2004, 08:47 PM
This is my opinion so its probobly wrong.. as i usually am!
hihihi

Post hardcare has two sub genres emo-core and metal-core.

emo-core is generally defined as Singey verses and shouty chorus.
Metal-core is usually shouty verses and singy chorus.

Thats a more modern def, and isnt always true, i.e Dashboard confessional is emo, but doesnt have any shouty shouty. Screamo a more accurate description of modern emo-core.

Not ALL emo is moaning about girls.

Being into the Emo scene makes u no lessof a man, than being pure hardcore music. Saying anything to the contary is like saying "real men can drink 15 pints", it has nowt to do with ur manliness. (more to do with the size of ur gut)

xgregx
04-15-2004, 08:51 PM
my guilty pleasure is Early November, because that lead singer can actually sing...ok...make fun of me...

Straightedgecat
04-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by xshadowsfallx
my guilty pleasure is Early November, because that lead singer can actually sing...ok...make fun of me...

iv only listened to the Early November about once and i turned it off.. but its your choice man, dont let othe peoples opinion ruin your "guilty pleasure" we wont make fun of you hahaha

PhoenixRising
04-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Yokosack
Screemo and Emo Core are two different things, I do listen to some screemo like Alexis on fire.

PS: Good not to be the only 14 year old here.

you said it...

xgregx
04-17-2004, 12:38 AM
iv only listened to the Early November about once and i turned it off.. but its your choice man, dont let othe peoples opinion ruin your "guilty pleasure" we wont make fun of you hahaha

thank you...I don't have any c.d.s or anything, but I like this one song. I don't remember what it is..

Straightedgecat
04-17-2004, 07:38 AM
thank you...I don't have any c.d.s or anything, but I like this one song. I don't remember what it is..

yea i understand.. we know how it is haha..

xscottx
04-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Some Emo hardcore is pretty cool. not much though i like alot more UKHC and shit. But some Brittish welsh Emocore/hardcore is ok. But all that plain Emo like Thursday and stuff is just shite.

Straightedgecat
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by xscottx
Some Emo hardcore is pretty cool. not much though i like alot more UKHC and shit. But some Brittish welsh Emocore/hardcore is ok. But all that plain Emo like Thursday and stuff is just shite.

i havnt heard any of the emo stuff from out of the country.. but i just dont like Emo, and i agree plain emo does suck even more then "screamo"

xgregx
04-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Thursday

hahahahaha

Straightedgecat
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
hahahahaha
hardy har har har.. (just felt like quoting your laugh)

xTwoStepx
05-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I listen to mostly hardcore stuff, but I love Thursday and Thrice (Considered Screamo?) and my edge will never dull.

xscottx
05-09-2004, 07:59 AM
This is one scremo band from south wales UK Near me that are not bad. they do some mellow stuff too. But listen to the 'dont kill yourself ' song on the media page. its sound.

www.shediedinjune.com

X

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 10:49 AM
the guy screaming in "Deep Cuts" sounds like shit!
In my opinion they suck!

and i have a question.Is Story of the Year considered emo/ screamo?If not...What is their title?

xscottx
05-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Yea the screamer is shit , but he is not the real bands screamer he is the guitarist normally . They are still looking for a decent Singer/Screamer.

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Is Story of the Year considered emo/ screamo?If not...What is their title?

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Is Story of the Year considered emo/ screamo?If not...What is their title?

xscottx
05-29-2004, 11:03 AM
I would say there New song Until The Day I Die Is A sort Of Emocore Track then again if you hear there album there is some Metalcore Riffs and some Hard Screaming Going On. But if i had to put them a a music catagory List i would put them under Emo.

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
have you heard of A FAITH CALLED CHAOS?
I think they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I heard them at purevolume.com.

xscottx
05-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Nah I aint heard them! what are they like? il try and them on Purevolume now!

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 11:16 AM
listen to all the songs they have to listen to.
they are post hardcore... But i think they rule!

xscottx
05-29-2004, 11:21 AM
ah they seem to be a cool band, I have never been to fond on Post HC But This band seem to be pretty good. Add me to Msn If u have it xscottx7@hotmail.com ill tell u a few UKHC bands and some local bands around my area.

XrandomideazX
05-29-2004, 11:27 AM
i have aim but no msn

xgcfx
06-02-2004, 06:26 AM
So, you guys know that almost none of you named a single 'screamo' , or emo band?

The Used?
Thursday?
Dashboard Confessional?

What?

Riki, sorry, but you appear to know nothing about the genre.

If you want to check out emo bands, check these out:

amanda woodward
city of caterpillar
cobra kai
die emperor die!
embassy
envy(the japanese one)
evergreen
honeywell
hoover
maximillian colby
moss icon
native nod
navio forge
one last wish
ordination of aaron
palatka(they hated being called 'emo', but they pretty much are that)
policy of three
portrait
portraits of past
rites of spring
shotmaker
sleepytime trio
still life
the khayembii communique
wilderness medicine
yaphet kotto
yage

Sorry for the big namedrop, but I felt that it was necessary.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 12:53 PM
you left out the biggest emo names

embrace and herion.

xJESSICAx
06-02-2004, 02:02 PM
are there as many people here that like punk as to emo ? or does one liking out number the other ?

xgcfx
06-02-2004, 02:49 PM
you left out the biggest emo names

embrace and herion.

You're right.

I was listening to Embrace all day today.

xgregx
06-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Reggie and the Full Effect is one of the most emo bands I have ever heard. but they have an 80's synth so it is all good.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 06:07 PM
less talk of emo and more talk of crucial bands like the promise or with honor.

xgcfx
06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Heh, I'm not really big on those bands.

To be Honest, they bore me. The Promise , particularly.

xsecx
06-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by xgcfx

pity for none. hate for all.

and dude. you like emo. emo is not crucial.

Straightedgecat
06-02-2004, 09:59 PM
pity for none. hate for all.

and dude. you like emo. emo is not crucial. yea the emo bands are attempting to take over the NJ scene.. but we took it back with our pride band THE BANNER.. so we won the war..and we mosh harder, so if your from NJ and your an Emo kid beware, of the BANNER kids

XrandomideazX
06-03-2004, 05:34 PM

Your icon pisses me off!i want to break shit when i see it!
sorry it just annoys me

xgcfx
06-03-2004, 10:56 PM
heh

xscottx
06-04-2004, 05:34 AM
I have to say but this thread is just going completly Fucked now , It was a decent thread till you have the likes of xGCFx Posting a completly stupid ass childish post . xGcfx Fuck Up. and piss of this thread .

xgcfx
06-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Haha. You obviously don't know me well enough to know I was fully kidding.

i think you're the weenie.

I'll edit the damn post.

I think this thread sucks anyway. None of you know anything of emo at all, and you act as if you do.

Piss off this thread?

I am pretty much the only one who knows what I am talking about in this thread.

xscottx
06-04-2004, 06:51 AM
You were only fully kidding? Man seroulsy write that as a joke is completly low. Like how sad are you to write such childish Coments! . I may only know a few Emo bands But i dont care the bands i listen to i enjoy , i dont comment on how much i know more than others . Come on man get a clue . Fruit

xsecx
06-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Haha. You obviously don't know me well enough to know I was fully kidding.

i think you're the weenie.

I'll edit the damn post.

I think this thread sucks anyway. None of you know anything of emo at all, and you act as if you do.

Piss off this thread?

I am pretty much the only one who knows what I am talking about in this thread.

hello teenage ego.

xsecx
06-04-2004, 07:42 AM
You were only fully kidding? Man seroulsy write that as a joke is completly low. Like how sad are you to write such childish Coments! . I may only know a few Emo bands But i dont care the bands i listen to i enjoy , i dont comment on how much i know more than others . Come on man get a clue . Fruit

fruit? was that necessary?

xscottx
06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Well its a brittish word for complete ass jerk , idiot , prick etc....

xsecx
06-04-2004, 10:39 AM

no it's not. that's like saying puff is too. fruit means the same thing on both sides of the ocean dude.

xvunderx
06-04-2004, 10:41 AM

I'm British, it's an offencive term for a gay person, like fag.

XrandomideazX
06-04-2004, 11:52 AM
annnnnnnnd dennnnnnnn

xgcfx
06-04-2004, 05:03 PM
hello teenage ego.

Grrrrrrrrr.

xgregx
06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
hot damn we are back on the same conversation of how 'fag' and 'gay' is a bad...someone new to this forum always brings it up.

XrandomideazX
06-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Why even bring it up?Why not just read the other posts to see how we feel instead of testing peoples feelings?

xscottx
06-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Ok Im Slightly Confused here. Are you saying this towards me? As Well really just calling someone a fruit is nothing incredibly harsh i just dont like ass about threads where people say there joking, i may be new to this forum but so far im liking this forum alot by alot of peoples welcome towards me so could anyone tell me the problem with me. Thanks. X

xvunderx
06-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Ok Im Slightly Confused here. Are you saying this towards me? As Well really just calling someone a fruit is nothing incredibly harsh i just dont like ass about threads where people say there joking, i may be new to this forum but so far im liking this forum alot by alot of peoples welcome towards me so could anyone tell me the problem with me. Thanks. X

I think people were just getting upset over the fruit thing, which was basicly an unintentional fag comment.

xscottx
06-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok Well Im Sorry If It affendid most people on this board!